This team is kicking my ...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
This team is kicking my ...

Post by Badpathing » March 4th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Good lord...I need a counter to the following team(s).

Valk
Murkalot
Netherwhelp/Alterac pup

Adezero
Pet Score:3572
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Re: This team is kicking my ...

Post by Adezero » March 4th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Death adder destroys murkalot. If you use blinding poison on the turn he uses righteous inspiration, it will blind the buffed pet, making it useless. Your opponent might know this and attack on the first turn though. Any pet with a cc could make RI useless.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » March 4th, 2014, 2:43 pm

Adezero wrote:Death adder destroys murkalot. If you use blinding poison on the turn he uses righteous inspiration, it will blind the buffed pet, making it useless. Your opponent might know this and attack on the first turn though. Any pet with a cc could make RI useless.
eh, he is not the only problem. this team does quite well without his RI actually.

Regillixavatar
Pet Score:1735
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Regillixavatar » March 4th, 2014, 2:48 pm

What about the team exactly is getting you down? Can you give an idea of what kind of movesets he is using? I figure the netherwhelp is there to interrupt and stall while the Val'kyr ticks you down but not quite sure what kind of synergy he is using with his pets.

My favorite Val'kyr (or Murkalot swap) counter has always been Minefields from either Darkmoon Tonk or Warbot.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » March 4th, 2014, 2:53 pm

Regillixavatar wrote:What about the team exactly is getting you down? Can you give an idea of what kind of movesets he is using? I figure the netherwhelp is there to interrupt and stall while the Val'kyr ticks you down but not quite sure what kind of synergy he is using with his pets.

My favorite Val'kyr (or Murkalot swap) counter has always been Minefields from either Darkmoon Tonk or Warbot.
Nothing in particular. He is hitting hard with the whelp, getting stuns with Rush, using his Murkalot wisely....I think I am just being out played really.

Regillixavatar
Pet Score:1735
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Regillixavatar » March 4th, 2014, 3:35 pm

I think a Death Grip pet (Creepy Crate, Bone Spider, or Crawling Claw), Minefield mech pet (Warbot or Darkmoon Tonk), and a Decoy/Feign Death/Stun pet would help counter this team.

If he is crazy enough to open with Murkalot seeing these guys in there, start with them and open with Death Grip. If he seems to start with Righteous Inspiration, his highest HP pet will come out and then your Death Grip will pull in the lowest HP pet guaranteeing that the Inspiration is completely wasted if not you can death grip Murkalot for a strong hit and force him to decide if the RI buff is worth eating a CoD to the face. The undead pets will also give you a nice matchup for melting Murkalot (BONESTORM! on him in the backline will feel so good) or facing down the whelp's breath (if that is his preferred attack).

If he tends to open with the Val'kyr to get the Haunt started, start with a minefield to make him really think about Haunting you. In these cases I like to split the Curse of Doom damage from any incoming haunt dmg so I swap after CoD comes out and would bring the Death Grip pet out in preparation for Mukalot.

As the fight goes on, you may lose your death grip pet so I recommend using a Stun, Feign Death, or Decoy to waste his future Righteous inspiration moves. Ethereal or other moves that go first and allow you to dodge are fine too

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » March 4th, 2014, 3:46 pm

I was about to suggest Qiraji Guardling but it seems you would have to wait until summer, so perhaps Peddlefeet. Basic attack is strong vs whelp, and you got a stun that you can either use to switch away from Valk or even better mess with RI. Will not be as good if whelpling is switched for pup.

Scalded Basilisk Hatchling should be very useful, stun and a sure avoid from RI. Only downside would be same speed as whelp but you should use Peddlefeet for that.

And round of with a 325 speed frog(tounge lash vs Valk, heal and frog kiss for stun) or as suggested minefield pet.

Just some things to try out. Hope you find something that works for you.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » March 4th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Thanks for the replies. I posted in a fit of agitation. This guy was eating my lunch, and RNG was helping him. I got my 10 wins, and moved on. But if I see him again I will try some of the above.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » March 4th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Feith Death is your friend.

Since the valk will have more HP than his 3rd pet, if your opponent will start out with murk and use RI, the valk will come out by default, awesome, get a pet with faith death and you will be able to avoid the damage 100%.

example :

your team :

valk
341 snake
305 Scalded Basilisk Hatchling

you start with a valk, use haunt in the first round, if his murk will not use RI, he is done so 99% he will use RI, great, now your haunt is on the valk.
next round get your lizard out, use faith death
then switch to your snake, you can do big dmg to the valk with the blind, or even can blind and switch back to the lizard to use crystal prison to wait for your valk to get back up.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » March 4th, 2014, 5:02 pm

Vek wrote:I was about to suggest Qiraji Guardling but it seems you would have to wait until summer, so perhaps Peddlefeet. Basic attack is strong vs whelp, and you got a stun that you can either use to switch away from Valk or even better mess with RI. Will not be as good if whelpling is switched for pup.

Scalded Basilisk Hatchling should be very useful, stun and a sure avoid from RI. Only downside would be same speed as whelp but you should use Peddlefeet for that.

And round of with a 325 speed frog(tounge lash vs Valk, heal and frog kiss for stun) or as suggested minefield pet.

Just some things to try out. Hope you find something that works for you.
faith death or deflection are more reliable than cc skills against RI when your opponent will call up a pet without aoe.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » March 4th, 2014, 5:40 pm

3wd wrote:
Vek wrote:Scalded Basilisk Hatchling should be very useful, stun and a sure avoid from RI. Only downside would be same speed as whelp but you should use Peddlefeet for that.
faith death or deflection are more reliable than cc skills against RI when your opponent will call up a pet without aoe.
I perhaps was not clear enough. The Sure Avoid I was referring to was of course Feign Death, but I didn't name it. Perhaps not the best choice of words.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » March 6th, 2014, 1:14 pm

Nothing in particular. He is hitting hard with the whelp, getting stuns with Rush, using his Murkalot wisely....I think I am just being out played really.
You're not being outplayed. You're being out-lucked. The 25% stun proc on that Rush move seems more like 40% or more most times. If they don't get that stun off, though, then they're usually easy prey. I have no trouble killing that team if my pets don't get stunned.

To add - A Spirit Crab or Emperor Crab w/shield (once again, unless his Stun luckily procs) would mess up this team's mojo as well. Feigns work great, as people have said above, but I just believe in some raw mitigation and moderate power in order to wipe out this team's win %. :)