Site Rank

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Site Rank

Post by Badpathing » February 24th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Been plugging away at the daily trainers for some time now, and when I get a decent supply of lvl 23/24 pets, I usually do a little grinding to top them off. Under this approach I have slowly moved up in the rankings.

However, when I hit ~60, things got REAL :) Seems like every day I toggle between 60, 61 and 62...

Guess I am gonna have to actually do some real leveling!

With my pet count, I think I should be able to break into the 40s pretty easily, just being held back by my average level.

Anyways, only point of the post was really to say I am finding it to be a lot of fun :)

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Re: Site Rank

Post by GilroyKilroy » February 24th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Gratz!

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » February 26th, 2014, 5:03 pm

I usually pick 2 pets a day to level. And now I sort of feel bad for the pets I haven't leveled, like I've neglected them in some way. All of their friends have grown up to be strong and powerful, but the runts (many of which I've had for a long time) are still low level pet babies.

I haven't run the math but I wonder if leveling all my level 1's to 10-12 is better for my pet score than leveling my 20-24's to 25. Does 10 lower levels mean more to your pet score than 1-4 higher levels?

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 26th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Yes, each level is worth the exact same amount so doing 1 fight and getting a pet from level 1 to level 8 is a lot better than doing several fights and getting a pet from lvl 24 to 25. The best way to get points from leveling is to level your lowest level pets.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Kpb321 wrote:Yes, each level is worth the exact same amount so doing 1 fight and getting a pet from level 1 to level 8 is a lot better than doing several fights and getting a pet from lvl 24 to 25. The best way to get points from leveling is to level your lowest level pets.
I am slowly making way up through the levels. I did trainers yesterday and jumped 10 spots in the rankings, was nice after days of battling over #60.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » February 27th, 2014, 4:56 pm

What I did in the end was level up all pets evenly since, as mentioned above, it is worth more to get several pets from lower levels to higher levels than it is getting fewer pets to the highest level.

Plus I liked having many level 23 pets that would get to 25 immediately after each trainer towards the end.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 27th, 2014, 5:54 pm

What I've been doing that works really well:

1. Any pet below level 10 gets levelled to 10/11 via wild pet battles (takes about 4 battles from level 1 to level 10)

2. When I have both food buffs (50% and 25%), I level my lowest level pet that is not lower than 10 at each trainer. Rematch makes this disgustingly easy to setup. Also, the darkmoon faire tophat increases pet exp gains by another 10% so even better on that week.

3. When I only have the 25% food buff, I level my highest level pets that won't waste exp.

4. Any pets that are would waste EXP at a tamer (usually level 24's) get levelled against wild pets.

I generally only use the safari hat on #1 and #4 but for tamers, I use whatever food buffs I have ready (always 25% and sometimes 50%).

You don't see a lot of pets go to 25 on some nights (especially when doing #1 and #2), but that makes the best use out of your food buffs for exp, so long term it works out faster. I can generally get 17-18 tamers per 1 hour buff (sometimes 16 if I have really bad RNG). I just setup the rematch levelling queue with all the pets I want to level ahead of time and go to town.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2014, 6:02 pm

I am attempting to maintain my sanity through this grind, so I don't put nearly as much thought into this as you guys. I gladly doubled up on buffs and ran with level 1 carries. I have done this long enough now, that my lowest level pet is 14 (or maybe 15). Creeping up on average pet level of 22 as well.

On a related note, I managed to do all of the Pandara trainers and spirit trainers 2 days in a row on a single biscuit and hotdog. I was pretty stoked. I literally finished the last trainer on the 2nd day with 35 seconds left on the buff.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 27th, 2014, 9:02 pm

If it helps, you don't have to have the buff up at the end of the fight. The game snapshots your buffs when you start the fight so as long as the buff is up when you start, you are golden. I use this to my advantage almost every time. As a double edged sword, this also means if you forget to equip your hat before a battle starts, putting it on mid battle has no effect.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 27th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Jerebear wrote:If it helps, you don't have to have the buff up at the end of the fight. The game snapshots your buffs when you start the fight so as long as the buff is up when you start, you are golden. I use this to my advantage almost every time. As a double edged sword, this also means if you forget to equip your hat before a battle starts, putting it on mid battle has no effect.
Yeah, I know. I had 35 seconds left when starting the fight so made it just in time. As for the hat, download Auto Safari Hat. It's wonderful.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » February 28th, 2014, 12:12 am

I have been afraid of auto safari, it seems very automated to me. Especially the clicking of a quest, it accepts them very quick, and automatically . I'm sure it's not against tos but it's scary to me. :)

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 28th, 2014, 1:53 am

Waynebrady wrote:I have been afraid of auto safari, it seems very automated to me. Especially the clicking of a quest, it accepts them very quick, and automatically . I'm sure it's not against tos but it's scary to me. :)
Well, I was already using Auto Turn in for quests before safari, so I never noticed it really. But the hat feature is awesome. Never fails.

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Slid into #38 today with the new pet, guessing it won't last long but still fun to see my name in the top 50!