Wondering where my comments went!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us
Wondering where my comments went!

Post by Reapersbeast » November 19th, 2012, 5:00 am

So I 'm wondering why my posts from yesterday was deleted?? I just asked a simple question about will this site ever get ranking lists. As in Most Rares, and Most Pet lvls. But for what ever reason it was deleted. And I asked for people opinions on things like, dont you think they need more epic pets in game and epic versions of existing pets, and what does everyone think about us being able to sell captured pets?

Please dont tell me this is going to be another worldofwarcraft.com's, where if we say even the slightest thing that you don't agree with or something that will make people think and then you have to take responsibility, it will be erased! The odd thing is my second comment was only to say the website is designed just fine and doesn't need any of the pet info tabs changed and yet that got erased too......hmmm! And I thought you had nothing to do with game design, so why would any of the above suggestions bother you anyway?

Well whatever, So what do you all think of the above suggestions?

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Re: Wondering where my comments went!

Post by Arvelayne » November 19th, 2012, 5:18 am

Hi,

Mod moved it to the Bugs and Suggestions section, which was more appropriate. Please look at all the forums before you go off on one, and try to put your posts in the appropriate place in the first place. Thanks.

Arve,
mobile alt.

p.s. I mod our guild forums and also ones at work, so I would have done exactly the same thing myself.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 19th, 2012, 8:54 am

Your post has been moved to the Suggestions forum. It can be found [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1026]here[/url].

To view your past forum posts, go to your forum profile, and under User Statistic you'll find your "Total posts".
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » November 20th, 2012, 12:12 am

When I logged in yesterday it said I had No comments/post's, not 2, like I had. Even if they were moved some where it should state i made them, so thats why I "went off" on one! But thx for putting your 2 cents in kid!

Thx for letting me know it was moved Quintessence. I guess I should point out something about the layout of the site then. It still says I have no comments or posts even though I have 2 posts and 2 comments now. So I guess that needs looked at. I wouldnt think I'd have to go to yet another page to find how many I have when theres a drop box section under my name called My Comments, that when clicked on it says I have still made no comments. Thx!

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » November 20th, 2012, 2:10 am

Reapersbeast wrote:When I logged in yesterday it said I had No comments/post's, not 2, like I had. Even if they were moved some where it should state i made them, so thats why I "went off" on one! But thx for putting your 2 cents in kid!
So, rather than check anywhere else you assumed that the forums mods were bastards, and 'went off on one'. Nice attitude to bring to the forums.

Fair enough that there's a tech issue that isn't showing stuff correctly, but imo your little conspiracy laden tirade was completely uncalled for 'kid'. And I quote:

"Please dont tell me this is going to be another worldofwarcraft.com's, where if we say even the slightest thing that you don't agree with or something that will make people think and then you have to take responsibility, it will be erased!"

"And I thought you had nothing to do with game design, so why would any of the above suggestions bother you anyway?"

In general this forum seems like a pretty nice place, and so a PM to the mods or doing a little checking would probably be a much better option that posting a rant.

Arve,
annoyed alt.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 20th, 2012, 2:13 am

Your comments and your forum posts are two different things, Reapersbeast. The number of comments listed on your Warcraftpets profile indicates the comments left on pet profiles, while your forum profile lists all of your forum posts.

Here's the difference:
Your Warcraftpets profile (lists 0 comments)
Your forum profile ("Total posts:6")

You can also do a forum search for your topic if you can't seem to find what you're looking for. The search bar is located at the top of the page, next to the Warcraftpets banner.

Contacting a moderator is also an option if you have further issues locating your forum post.

I think this issue has been resolved, so let's leave it at that.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » November 20th, 2012, 8:12 am

Reapersbeast -- I can understand how you became confused. Listing the number of forum posts within the WarcraftPets profile is on our to-do list. But our to-do list is quite long (and growing every day), so we're forced to prioritize. Even simple usability issues like this get pushed down the list. I'll move this one up a bit so that we might tackle it within the next month or so.

Also, I want to assure you that we don't censor our community's suggestions. Suggestions from users like you are what helped to make this site as useful as it is today. We don't implement every suggestion, but we do read the forums (along with all emailed feedback) and we're happy to consider any ideas to improve our users' experience.

Arve -- We appreciate you giving us props and sticking up for the work we do as admins. But I can certainly understand why Reapersbeast was confused and upset. It's all good - no harm done.

Quint -- As always, you rock! We love you! :P

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » November 20th, 2012, 7:59 pm

I obviously wasnt "going off" on the admins. I'm just not a child so my language is a little harsher then it needed to be for you. Sorry about that, but the facts are still the same!

Thx for the info Breanni! If you feel the need feel free to delete this topic! I got the info I needed thx again!

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 21st, 2012, 2:08 pm

maybe a private mail next time would be better :) if your unsure where it went :) things are usually just moved to the correct place and yes we are adults but that doesn't mean you need to reflect that language wise things are always sorted out whether a mistake or misunderstanding
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image