Bug verification needed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Bug verification needed

Post by Imthedci » November 20th, 2012, 2:38 am

I think that I may have found a bug that will kick you out of a battle without respawning the pet. I'm hoping that one or two of you might be able to replicate the situation and see if the outcome is the same.

My Tale of Lament (i.e. The Situation): I was in Mt. Hyjal, running around Nordrassil trying to find the rare Grotto Vole (the last rare pet I was missing in the zone) when I started a battle against a Silky Moth. The moment the battle started I had a massive heart attack (it's a figure of speech). There it was - the rare Grotto Vole. So I downed the moth, captured the vole, and was just about to finish off the last pet when I was suddenly (and violently) kicked out of the battle and put in combat. I was greeted by a hordie (I'm alliance) who was fighting a cultist. When the cultist was dead, I was out of combat. (Note: my server is PvE and I wasn't tagged for PvP at the time).

What I think happened is that the hordie was doing the quest where you feed the faerie dragons berries and they expose cultists for you to kill. I think that the cultist was spawned either on top of me or very close by and somehow it aggroed on me for a second, which kicked me out of the battle. (It didn't actually attack me - or at least my combat log was blank when I checked it). The odd part of the whole thing is that the moth didn't respawn like it should've - which caused my 2nd heart attack (again, just a figure of speech).

In summation (i.e. TL,DR) - Can one of you start a battle anywhere around Nordrassil and have another person work on the Inciting the Elements quest nearby you and see if you get kicked out of the battle?

Now to go back and try to find another rare Grotto Vole... :cry:

Sripsh
Pet Score:2322
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Re: Bug verification needed

Post by Sripsh » November 20th, 2012, 3:05 am

Did he AoE and kill the critter?

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 20th, 2012, 3:24 am

Imthedci wrote:was just about to finish off the last pet when I was suddenly (and violently) kicked out of the battle and put in combat.
Could you have had a pet out (hunter/warlock/mage combat pet)? And if so, could they have been hit by some aoe done by the horde character? Combat pets aggroing NPC's are a know bug.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » November 20th, 2012, 11:25 am

I didn't notice a corpse of the pet, so I don't think it got killed off (Although I did sit there stunned for 10 mins or so :( ). I was doing this on my lock, who had his pet out (and if I find out that he was responsible for this, he's gonna get such a talking to :lol: ). I shall make sure to dismiss him before I go hunting for the vole again...

Clatong
Top Rater
Pet Score:3620
BattleTag®:clatong#1432
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Clatong » November 20th, 2012, 1:24 pm

In my experience, what caused this issue is your combat pet. If I don't dismiss my hunter's pet before doing battles, I will occasionally get pulled out. With the pet dismissed, or if I am battling on my rogue or priest, I have never been pulled out on my PVE server.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm

I wonder.. with a pet in stealth, and a macro memorized or copy/pasted ready to use in your chatbox to remove the steath buff from your pet, and only engaging in battles close to mobs.. will it be possible to manually unstealth your pet in hopes of it getting aggro, so that you can intentionally leave rare spawns you dont need intact for others without using the ALT+F4 method..?

Sneaky perhaps, but on my computer atleast, if it works, that would be a much faster way of doing the nice thing of leaving wanted pets for others.