Achievements not updating?

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Amethystrose144
Pet Score:5906
Realm:Exodar-us
Achievements not updating?

Post by Amethystrose144 » November 19th, 2012, 11:04 pm

so far I've run into a couple of achievements that aren't crediting properly. I needed a humanoid for Family Reunion and I captured a Sporeling Sprout. I got credit for Take Em' All On!, but not the other. I made a point of capturing several Sprouts in the hopes of triggering the achievement. Also, I've killed/captured several pets in Blade's Edge Mountains, but not getting credit for Outland Tamer. Are these known bugs?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Achievements not updating?

Post by Quintessence » November 20th, 2012, 2:19 am

That's pretty odd that one achievement is considered complete while the other isn't, even though they share a common requirement. O_o

I haven't heard of this bug yet, but many of the pet collecting achievements haven't been working properly for different people. It could be a random occurrence. I would put a ticket in to report this bug and see if a Game Master can provide more assistance/info.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » November 20th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Was that the last pet you needed for Family Reunion? Sometimes it won't show credit for the individual steps of an achievement in the UI, but once you finish the last step you'll still get the achievement.
Mingyao on Madoran

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 21st, 2012, 7:41 pm

Just thought of this: Try relogging if you experience any trouble with (any) achievements not completing even though they should have. I had that problem when MoP first launched, but logging out and then back in fixed it (although I didn't get the neat announcement and shiny animation :P).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ragequit

Post by Ragequit » December 4th, 2012, 11:06 pm

I'm not sure if this is related or not, but I installed the addon from this site. I used the copy and paste function to get all my pets here, then logged back in to WoW and all my un-completed achievements related to pets had reset to zero. I solved this by deleting the add-on, the config file, and the WTF folder. Quite a pain in the butt to re-set up all my add-ons. But it did work.