Need Blighthawk Help Please !

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shankmcgank
Pet Score:3120
Realm:Illidan-us
Need Blighthawk Help Please !

Post by Shankmcgank » February 13th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Hi all.

I've been researching the "best" breed of Blighthawk, and I am torn between the HP and the HH one. From what I've been able to research (and some of these posts are from 2012), the breed ranking generally goes like this.

1. HP or HH ?
2. HP or HH ?
3. PS
4. BB

I've given up on trying to catch a rare, been there all day and I've seen a lot of Blighthawks as primary and secondaries, but not a single rare yet.

For now I'm PVEing, but I plan to PVP in the near future. If one of each type is needed for PVP and PVE, I'm ok with that, I just don't want to waste a stone based on a 2 year old post.

Can someone kindly explain which Blighthawk I should use a stone on, and most importantly, why ?

Thanks !

Volcanon101
Pet Score:2132
Realm:Coilfang-us

Re: Need Blighthawk Help Please !

Post by Volcanon101 » February 13th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Health and Power its lvl 25 rare stats are 305 attack damage and 244 speed. Blighthawks do not need speed they need power.

Shankmcgank

Post by Shankmcgank » February 13th, 2014, 10:44 pm

Volcanon101 wrote:Health and Power its lvl 25 rare stats are 305 attack damage and 244 speed. Blighthawks do not need speed they need power.
Yes.

The issue is, I don't know whether to stone the HH or the HP. I realize that PS and BB aren't worth having.

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 13th, 2014, 11:54 pm

I personally use a H/H breed (especially against Taran Zhu), and love it. Although I cannot say for sure which as best, I wasn't able to find that information when I needed it either, I can say that I have no complaints about my H/H one.
@TamerWakamaru

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 14th, 2014, 12:21 am

Stone em both. It's not like there are a bunch of other things to use undead stones on anyway =)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » February 14th, 2014, 12:33 am

Kpb321 wrote:Stone em both. It's not like there are a bunch of other things to use undead stones on anyway =)
This. Undead stones tend to build up fast because there are so few undead pets.

If you look at my collection, you will see that this is what I did (though one of those was a natural rare).

Wakamaru
MVP
Pet Score:12165
BattleTag®:Wakamaru#1375
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Wakamaru » February 14th, 2014, 12:57 am

Kpb321 wrote:Stone em both. It's not like there are a bunch of other things to use undead stones on anyway =)
An excellent point!
@TamerWakamaru

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » February 14th, 2014, 1:34 am

Truth is so rarely defined by such eloquent and succinct words. Bravo, Kpb, bravo.

tldr: stone 'em both, fool.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » February 14th, 2014, 4:18 am

I favour the P/S one. The H/P one has 146 more Health than P/S which is pretty much nothing. But with 273 speed you will edge out a whole range of 260 speed pets and this makes Lift-Off much more tactical. And if are faster than the opponent you will have it easier to apply Consume Corpse.

I just think it's alot more useful to be faster than Anubisath Idol for example, rather than have a 50% chance of going first. If up against another undead and they want to retaliate during their undead turn, just Lift-Off and they miss and you have a nice bird sitting in the sky waiting for the next pet. With 244 speed chances are you will be taking a hit instead. In my opition 146 Health is neglible compared to the speed avantage in PvP. Either H/H and use like a regular undead meat-tank, or P/S.

PvE, well I don't use it much there.

If not planning on using Lift-Off/Consume Corpse I think you would find Ghostly Skull more useful. Same Power but more Health, even less points wasted in speed.

Shankmcgank

Post by Shankmcgank » February 14th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Vek wrote:I favour the P/S one. The H/P one has 146 more Health than P/S which is pretty much nothing. But with 273 speed you will edge out a whole range of 260 speed pets and this makes Lift-Off much more tactical. And if are faster than the opponent you will have it easier to apply Consume Corpse.

I just think it's alot more useful to be faster than Anubisath Idol for example, rather than have a 50% chance of going first. If up against another undead and they want to retaliate during their undead turn, just Lift-Off and they miss and you have a nice bird sitting in the sky waiting for the next pet. With 244 speed chances are you will be taking a hit instead. In my opition 146 Health is neglible compared to the speed avantage in PvP. Either H/H and use like a regular undead meat-tank, or P/S.

PvE, well I don't use it much there.

If not planning on using Lift-Off/Consume Corpse I think you would find Ghostly Skull more useful. Same Power but more Health, even less points wasted in speed.
Awesome, thanks so much for your input, and everyone else's.

For those saying use 2 stones, they are right, there aren't a lot of undead pets, but I only have 2 stones, and my Creepy Crate and Senjin Fetish still need upgrading as well. Once I get a couple more stones I should be set. I'm actually really surprised at the "small" number of viable undead pets.