Garrison, Market and Duplicates

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Garrison, Market and Duplicates

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 10:37 am

I know there has been talk about pet breeding within families ( flyers w/ flyers for example ) as well as some cross breeding and one pet being absorb during the process. My question is how do you think this will affect the markets as well as addressing the issue of dups ? I have a lot of dups I want to thin out of my collection so I'm toren on whether to shed them now or hold on to them thinking they may be worth more later or if we will actually need them for breeding purposes? I wish Bizz would be more forth coming, as it is, most of us have tons of pets to level just to prepare for the garrison ( I rather have a level 25 epic than a level 5 epic ) I guess I just wish they would throw us a bone as it is I'm trying to farm rep, get professions maxed, level pets etc in between dealing w/ all the gankers so Im a bit frustrated and feeling overwhelmed.I have yet to ever be ready for an expansion since I have played wow and I would love to be ready for this one. As with most pet lovers I would love to be prepared for at least that part of the of the game.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Garrison, Market and Duplicates

Post by Kpb321 » February 7th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Since they raised the pet cap to 1000 I've been holding on to basically any blue quality pet I have and capturing extras as I can in the wild. I don't expect to hit 1000 any time soon so I'm not worried about the duplicates in my collection. As far as what we'll need we don't really know yet. It seems pretty certain that it will require two pets and currently the info indicates that one of the pets will be "lost" and replaced with the new pet so duplicates seem useful. They have said they scrapped the idea of giving you a small chance for an epic pet so it seems like rares will continue to be the best option for us.

As far as why they don't give out more info the answer is probably really simple. They don't know yet themselves what things will end up being like so they can't tell us. I'm sure they are still experimenting and seeing what works. They've already scrapped the idea of epic pets so who knows what else will change between now and when it's released.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 4:04 pm

I didn't realized they had scraped the epic idea so I'm kind of disappointed with that particularly at the thought of having one pet lost during breeding process, but as you said its a wait and see situation. :)

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » February 7th, 2014, 10:05 pm

From what I've seen, it is still a good way to give a breed that you like to a pet you like. You want a fast Soul Trader? Go for it! Would be good to make Zao a tanky pet IMO.

Cheers!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » February 7th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Dont forget that you could just capture a wild pet of the appropiate family with the breed you desire, for the fusing process. To use as your throw away pet, so youd never loose any of your precious rares.

From what we know, the pet providing the breed will be the lost pet. And the new fused pet, will have the skin and abilities of its 'sire' whom is always retained in the process, but with the breed of the expended pet. And finally being an average of the levels of the 2 pets. So having a lvl 25 Zao and a random lvl 1 HH beast, it would result in a lvl 12.5 HH Zao.

So you now have 2 Zaos, the original and the new and improved Zao.

Id hazard a guess that pets created in this way will be untradable, so you cannot endlessly duplicate rare pets and sell them. And perhaps also not useable as fusing source, to encourage people to keep their original for if wanting to experiment with other breeds.

Shikon01
MVP

Post by Shikon01 » February 7th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Thanks for the input guys:) You brought up some excellent points I hadn't realized before now so I'm feeling a lot better about my options and opportunities to hang w/ you big boys :)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » February 8th, 2014, 6:11 am

I have just been keeping any extra rare wild pets that I have been finding with a emphasis added to any pets that are S/S, P/P, H/H and P/S. I also don't mind the occasional H/S and H/P if those wild pets don't have a better breed.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » February 8th, 2014, 2:06 pm

They scrapped epic pets?

Man, that really bums me out.

Post by Guest » February 10th, 2014, 4:37 am

It's not over until the fat lady sings.
Nothing could change and breeding could be scrapped altogether...

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 18th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Interesting ideas in this thread guys ...

Badpathing...that's an awesome banner ..just saying !!!

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 18th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Interesting ideas in this thread guys ...

Badpathing...that's an awesome banner ..just saying !!!
Thanks :) did it at work while bored, have some ideas still to work on..

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 19th, 2014, 8:25 am

Not to detract from your thread folks but...
Sidebar to Badpathing:

Love the XuFu choice ..impressive looking pet ..allow me to suggest a color contrast mix in the banner...maybe Lil rags..maybe the Kirin Tor familiar ...soul trader and dragon kite are cool looks too though the kite is not practical....

Banners are cool ...grats!

Badpathing
MVP

Post by Badpathing » February 20th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote:Not to detract from your thread folks but...
Sidebar to Badpathing:

Love the XuFu choice ..impressive looking pet ..allow me to suggest a color contrast mix in the banner...maybe Lil rags..maybe the Kirin Tor familiar ...soul trader and dragon kite are cool looks too though the kite is not practical....

Banners are cool ...grats!
So funny that you would say that, I actually am planning on putting a Fel Flame, or Rag (something red) in a 'hulking' manner in the back. Been pretty busy, so have not worked on it. In this version I had actually tried the Kirin pet, but did not like the results.

Great minds...