Breed ID Question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
Breed ID Question

Post by Misstic » November 14th, 2012, 9:02 pm

How do you know if your breed ID is a boy or girl? Is there a mod somewhere that tells you? Not that it is a big deal but wondering why it is even there. Like on the Summit kid, there is really only 2 types but 4 are listed each with different breed ID's (2 for boy, 2 for girl.) Seems redundant just to make things more confusing. Thank you for any help into this subject.

EDIT: I am looking at all my rares and EVERY SINGLE one of them is the LOWEST in speed. Is speed considered the BEST stat to have? So now not only do we have rares but we have rares of rares.....sigh!

PS The Jade Tentacle actually has TWO breed ID's!!! This is CRAZY considering it just appears in your spellbook and you cannot grind or farm for the specific one you want. I of course got the crappy one breed 12. :-(

Any news on them doing away with breed ID's? I sure hope so, it seems so silly.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: Breed ID Question

Post by Hellomynameis » November 15th, 2012, 3:32 am

We can pray for some kind of high speed incubator with a 7 day cooldown that will allow you to play evolution and change the breed of a pet slowly over 7 days... The results would be random of course, so you could end up having to breed pets a long while the this incubator before you get the wanted outcome.

Or perhaps a goblin genesplicer, that will allow you to cross an uncommon wanted breed, with a rare unwanted breed, to produce a rare of the wanted breed.

:( :? ;)

Sikker

Post by Sikker » November 15th, 2012, 4:40 am

You can type one of your characters name on here and it will tell you all your pets breed IDs. So you will be able to see if its a boy or a girl, though it really makes no difference as the stats and appearance are exactly the same. I don't know why blizzard added gender and how people found out about it, it doesn't state anything about the gender in game.

IMO speed is not a very good stat and I prefer to get power. I would only consider going for speed if the pet has some kind of ability that does extra damage when it strikes first. But even then, power comes first. This is also why I think the breed 12 is actually better then the other one for the Jade Tentacle, but you are right ofcourse that there should only be one breed for it since you can only get one. I think that's actually a bug since all other pets that are unique have only one ID.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 15th, 2012, 4:56 am

Wow Sikker thank you so much!

Temperama
Pet Score:921
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Temperama » December 3rd, 2012, 2:42 pm

Sikker wrote:You can type one of your characters name on here and it will tell you all your pets breed IDs. .
here where? I can find the possible breed Ids and I can guess based on stats but I am not finding anywhere that gives my specific breed ids

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 3rd, 2012, 3:03 pm

Temperama wrote:
Sikker wrote:You can type one of your characters name on here and it will tell you all your pets breed IDs. .
here where? I can find the possible breed Ids and I can guess based on stats but I am not finding anywhere that gives my specific breed ids
Neither do I. Would love to see what breed id my pets are once in a while.

Thanks