Breed#4=power, Breed#5=speed, Breed#6=hp?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu
Breed#4=power, Breed#5=speed, Breed#6=hp?

Post by Hellomynameis » November 13th, 2012, 8:06 pm

I have seen it over and over, Breed ID 4 hits/heals best with 341-374 power, and from what I have gathered Breed ID 5 is the fastest with 358-390 speed, and Breed ID 6 has most health with 1806-1969 hp.

Am I wrong in assuming this is how it is supposed to be? If you want a tanking pet, search through pets with breed ID 6, if you want a heavy hitter, search for pets with breed ID 4, if you want a speedy pet (not the turtle) then you search for breed ID 5.

Since this seems to be the case, perhaps searching through the pet database ( http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/ ) should have an option to filter only pets with specific breed IDs?

I know this might belong in another forum section, but it is relevant info for pet collectors aswell, when looking for the best versions of a pet :) Feel free to move it to whatever section you see fit though, I wont mind. :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Breed#4=power, Breed#5=speed, Breed#6=hp?

Post by Poofah » November 13th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Yes. But to elaborate, there are 10 possible breeds (not considering gender, which doesn't impact stats). A pet has 'base stats', e.g. 8/8/8 or 7/9/8, which add up to 24 within some limits. Then the pet gets between 1.5 and 2 'bonus' points, which is determined by the breedID. 2 bonus points in power is breedID 4, etc. There is a very good explanation and list of breeds [url=http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#BattlePetInfo]here[/url].

Now, as far as 'health = tank', I would argue that the best stats for a pet depend on its moveset. For a tank such as a crab or spider, power trumps health, because heals and shields benefit from power and not health. Magical Crawdad on the other hand benefits most from health, but this is a special case because his Wish ability is so strong and is based on health instead of power.

For example, Molten Hatchling (who I'm guessing you're partial to, from your avatar) is an excellent tank despite having rather low health (1319 at a maximum). This is due to having 2 heals that both have high coefficients, and relatively high power (276-305). Molten Hatchling doesn't exist as a breedID 6, so it wouldn't come up your search for tanking pets. And, if it did, I'd still want one with higher power instead.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Re: Breed#4=power, Breed#5=speed, Breed#6=hp?

Post by Hellomynameis » November 13th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Poofah wrote:Yes. But to elaborate (...)
Thanks, I hadn't read that page describing the breeds. Useful info. :)

I do know stats aren't alpha omega, abilities has to be taken into account, I understand that. Molten Hatchling is a much better tank with loads of power instead of hp, thats true. I only meant it would be nice to be able to search for pets based on what breed IDs they have available. If I am searching for a heavy hitter, it would be nice to search for pets with breed ID 4, and then if no one feels right for my team among those, I could search for ID 7/8/10 to atleast find some hard hitters with much power. Red Cricket f.ex. has 370 power even though it has a breed ID 8.

I do very much like the [url=http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetBreeds]top 20 hp/power/speed list[/url], but its only top20, I want moar! :)