Pet Battle Recount

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Krasherww
Pet Score:3887
BattleTag®:KrasherMac#1100
Realm:Whisperwind-us
Pet Battle Recount

Post by Krasherww » December 27th, 2013, 8:11 am

The recount add-on is very popular because it tallies up all the damage done in a battle/raid and breaks it all down by player and by ability. I have never seen an Add-On to do the same for pet battles. Is there a reason that one has not been written (e.g. the battle pet log isn't available to add ons) or has it just not been done yet. If it's the latter I might give it a try.

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Pet Battle Recount

Post by Se5s » December 29th, 2013, 8:22 pm

i would love this. i can't help but feel that the number of times a move has actually landed on one of my pets is a lot different than the stated percent chance. i've had demolish never land, but it usually seems to land most of the time. while a 90% chance to hit move seems to miss a lot more than 1 in 10 tries. this would be a great addon to finally see how accurate the stated numbers really are.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » December 29th, 2013, 8:34 pm

Se5s wrote:i would love this. i can't help but feel that the number of times a move has actually landed on one of my pets is a lot different than the stated percent chance. i've had demolish never land, but it usually seems to land most of the time. while a 90% chance to hit move seems to miss a lot more than 1 in 10 tries. this would be a great addon to finally see how accurate the stated numbers really are.
I totally agree with you there. My Mech Pandaren Dragonling misses (or seems to!) way more than 10% of the time!

Alfonzzo
Pet Score:5574
BattleTag®:Alfonzzo#1981
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Alfonzzo » December 29th, 2013, 10:10 pm

i was just thinking how awesome this would be to analyze a fight afterwards. so many neat things you could do with it.

something like this could really take team building to another level.

Thalweg
Pet Score:2738
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Thalweg » January 5th, 2014, 3:44 pm

(n.b.: I can't post links yet, sorry for the extra Googling!)

Pet Accuracy Recorder is good for this in particular. It's available on Curse.

As for writing an addon, there's a handful of PET_BATTLE events, the most relevant for a Recount-alike being CHAT_MSG_PET_BATTLE_ COMBAT_LOG. Unfortunately it looks like this returns the verbatim log message without splitting it up into more specific fields like the regular combat log does (e.g.: ability name, damage type, damage amount, crit or not, etc.) So you'd have to parse that yourself and your addon would be subject to the whims of the actual combat log text changing and localization trouble.