No Time To Heal

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us
No Time To Heal

Post by GilroyKilroy » December 23rd, 2013, 6:08 pm

So I finished my Trainer title ;) but I still need the No Time To Heal achievement. I tried various stall teams but invariably one pet died. Has anyone succeeded in the level 25 bracket getting this?

Any suggestions on lower level teams that would work? Alas I don't have any lower level pets so I would have to go get some.

Nirnaeth101
Pet Score:3966
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Re: No Time To Heal

Post by Nirnaeth101 » December 24th, 2013, 6:00 am

Well you certainly have the pets for it :)

One way to get this would be to either build a scary OP team and scare away opponents (especially if you PVP late at night so get the same guys coming back) something like a Murkalot/Fossilised Hatchling/Mechanical Dragonling that takes big chunks out of teams quickly before any of your pets die, or outright kills them.

Another way would be an "unkillable" team of healers/tanks, like Blossoming Ancient, Sunflower, Crawdad teams.

If you have a friend, you can use a weird matching lvl combo (like lvl20, 4 and 9 pets for both players) to ensure you meet each other in random PVP and can have them forfeit for you.

And you can forfeit before your pets die multiple times and still get the Achievement in the end...

I found it was when players ran away in fear/frustration repeatedly that I could get this at lvl25, felt cheesy but I didn't refuse it. :twisted:

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » December 24th, 2013, 6:37 am

Even though I don't have this achievement yet (closest I got was 4 wins), I found the best way to do this with low level pets. Most of the strong attacks are not yet available in the lower levels and especially healer teams have a good chance to survive.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 24th, 2013, 8:40 am

Queue up with a friend, all of you 3x lvl1 pets, you should most likely face off each other. A forfeit doesnt count as a loss. Did this 15th april this year, took half an hour and we both had ach.

Hypah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2214
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Hypah » December 24th, 2013, 8:58 am

I have the achivement.

I did:

Magical Crawdad
Ruby Droplet
Sining Sunflower (this was before blossoming ancinet you should probally use ancient instead.)

Sunlight + Drain Blood
and
Sunlight + Wish

Ruby droplet:

Absorb Bubble Drain Blood

Magical Crawdad:

Claw Shell Shield Wish

Blossoming Ancient:

Barskin Photosynthesis Sunlight

GOOD LUCK! :)

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » December 24th, 2013, 10:40 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:Has anyone succeeded in the level 25 bracket getting this?
Yup, I got it in the level 25 bracket with a sandstorm/healing team. S/S Quiraji Guardling (1,2,2), P/P Emperor Crab (1,2,1), and H/S Restless Shadeling (2,1,2). I wasn't really trying for it, just got enough decent matchups in a row.

Unfortunately, this was months ago and there are way too many fliers in the current metagame now.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 24th, 2013, 12:03 pm

This discussion seems relevant:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=8607

Your best bet to get the achievement at 25 is a heal/stall team but expect the fights to take a while. That is the price of trying to make sure your pet won't die.

GilroyKilroy
MVP

Post by GilroyKilroy » December 24th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Hypah wrote:I have the achivement.

I did:

Magical Crawdad
Ruby Droplet
Sining Sunflower (this was before blossoming ancinet you should probally use ancient instead.)

GOOD LUCK! :)
I'll give this a shot. I was using Magic Lamp instead of Crawdad to cleanse off the pesky Curse of Doom/Haunt but he didn't have quite the HP to hang in there for the long haul.)

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328

Post by Hootstwo » December 24th, 2013, 5:12 pm

Gah... Stall teams... :(

I actually got lucky getting this one late in the evening. I was using a standardish burst damage team (I like things to go quickly) and there was a player I played (and dominated) a few times in a row. He started to abandon as soon as he saw me and did it 5 times in a row - ACHIEVEMENT! :)

GilroyKilroy
MVP

Post by GilroyKilroy » December 24th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Hootstwo wrote:Gah... Stall teams... :(

I actually got lucky getting this one late in the evening. I was using a standardish burst damage team (I like things to go quickly) and there was a player I played (and dominated) a few times in a row. He started to abandon as soon as he saw me and did it 5 times in a row - ACHIEVEMENT! :)
I have a feeling I am going to have to do something like that. Stall team isn't working. Guess I'll keep playing my clone dancer/death adder team until I get 5 forfeits ;)

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 24th, 2013, 7:15 pm

I'm trying to get this achievement too but from the looks of it, someone suggested 2 lvl1s and a lvl 4 or something like that. I might also try that stall team too

GilroyKilroy
MVP

Post by GilroyKilroy » December 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Astraldr0p wrote:I'm trying to get this achievement too but from the looks of it, someone suggested 2 lvl1s and a lvl 4 or something like that. I might also try that stall team too
OK, a guildee and I did this. One thing to keep in mind is that the "winner" will level up a pet and will need to substitute in a lower level pet each time until you switch.

Luckily not many people are queuing in the 1,1,4 bracket :)

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Wixey » December 25th, 2013, 3:53 pm

You can usually predict somewhat when your pet's going to die. so just forfeit the match before it dies. I don't think that makes the achievement fail.

it got changed in 5.2 and back in 5.3 ... I can't be 100% sure anymore :p
Last edited by Wixey on December 29th, 2013, 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tracktastic
Pet Score:2610

Post by Tracktastic » December 27th, 2013, 6:21 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... tscrit/pet

I got the achievement recently with my current team at 25.

You see these pets often but Ive never seen anyone using this configuration.

It is mostly about playing defensively and wearing down the other team without actually stalling. The only team I have lost to consistently was unborn valk + double eye of legion and I still managed some wins against them.

Good luck!

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » December 27th, 2013, 11:48 am

I got the achievement yesterday using the following team:

Chi-Chi
Dandelion Frolicker (S/S)
Death Adder Hatchling (S/S)

I don't remember every detail of those battles, but I do know that at least two of them were against a Valk user...and the Frolicker was able to frustrate the HECK outta that person and they fled after a few rounds of dodged Haunts, lol. That felt pretty awesome.

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 28th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Grats on the Trainer Title! I got it myself a few weeks ago.

And I got No Time To Heal when some guy forfeited 3 times in a row after I beat him twice.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » December 28th, 2013, 7:01 pm

I got mine using pets I think around level 10. What I did was used two raptors with that ability that heals you big if you kill a target with that attack and then a fawn with tranquility.

People forfeit a lot if you kill their first pet and your pet gets healed to full in the process.