Scourged Whelpling help!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mogalicious
Pet Score:4231
Realm:Mug'thol-us
Scourged Whelpling help!

Post by Mogalicious » December 23rd, 2013, 3:20 am

Does anyone here know if scourged whelpling only respawns at server reset? I didn't realize how rare he is and when I was hunting for a rare, I just canceled the battle if there was no rare and then killed the whelpling hoping a new one would spawn. Anyone have advice for when to farm these? Should I just capture a bad one and then stone him? Any advice is appreciated!

Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Re: Scourged Whelpling help!

Post by Ruststorm » December 23rd, 2013, 3:42 am

If you're trying to catch a rare one in the wild, then you need loads of patience and persistance...

Whenever you've got a spare undead stone, then i recommend just to capture the breed you want and stone it. :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » December 23rd, 2013, 6:46 am

At least theres only 2 breeds. I strongly recommend the H/H breed.

Mogalicious

Post by Mogalicious » December 23rd, 2013, 7:30 pm

Thank you for all of the info. When the server resets at 3am CET I will be there to hunt for my new pet! I dont have an undead stone atm, but I can trade 3 aquatic stones for an undead too which is always nice. Thanks again! :)

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » December 24th, 2013, 12:06 am

They've actually become a little more noticeable on my server (I suspect it's because less people are fighting over them). I have the Argent Tourney Tabard which I find fantastic for getting up there, especially if you're also chasing the snow storms for the Foxes.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » December 24th, 2013, 1:17 am

The spawn rate was increased back at 5.3 or so, so they aren't as rare as they used to be. They're still not plentiful though so unless you're really patient and don't mind taking a few weeks to get a rare, your best bet is to go for breed and then stone it.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 24th, 2013, 8:33 am

I never understood why people called it rare. I've never had any issues finding rares of it. Simply parked a toon I had leftover on dead backwater realm, logged in once a day and went throught them all like I've done with Tiny Twister etc. Eventually had PS and HH rare, tossed the PS. But since its Undead, you should have/get shitloads of spare undead stones, so ye just stone ur breed and ur worries are over in a jiffy.

Mogalicious

Post by Mogalicious » December 24th, 2013, 9:47 am

Really helpful info here. Got my H/H last night and stoned him so now it's all done! Thanks guys! :)

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » December 25th, 2013, 8:28 am

Peanutty wrote:The spawn rate was increased back at 5.3 or so, so they aren't as rare as they used to be. They're still not plentiful though so unless you're really patient and don't mind taking a few weeks to get a rare, your best bet is to go for breed and then stone it.

DITTO that's what I recommend too :)

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » December 25th, 2013, 11:35 am

I got mine when Timeless Isle was 1st released. Everyone else was completely enamored with the new content, and I was literally the only pet hunter in all of Northrend. I was able to get two Scourged Whelplings, and two Unborns (one rare, one of each breed).

The Scourged Whelpling spawns approximately every 4 hours, maybe a little longer. But they get picked off by collectors as soon as they spawn. A lot of people have toons parked there and log in to check frequently.

However, right after a server restart is the best time to get one. Just make sure you're right there as soon as you can log in.

Hope you get your Scourged soon! :)

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » December 26th, 2013, 11:35 am

If you are still looking or a Scourged Whelpling there are a lot of them up currently on Sisters of Elune or any realm crz with that sever.