how to get vanilla CE pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Crysania
Pet Score:2661
Realm:Nemesis-eu
how to get vanilla CE pets

Post by Crysania » November 12th, 2012, 4:57 am

Hi all,
is there a legit way to obtain vanilla CE pets (mini diablo, zergling, panda cub)? Im looking for infos on web but is full of "strange" sites like gold seller, etcetera.
Thanks for your replies

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: how to get vanilla CE pets

Post by Lysi » November 12th, 2012, 1:18 pm

I wish Blizzard would give us an option like buying a digital version of the original box set, but I don't think that's going to happen. :(

Pay big bucks for one of the few original remaining unused CEs if you can find one (I did a quick search and came up with this as an example, don't know the seller or anything) http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-Warcraft-WoW-Collectors-Edition-Original-Vanilla-EU-Version-/140874598056?pt=UK_VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item20ccc7c6a8

Someone on the trade forum here is trying to trade a couple pets using a character transfer, not sure how that would work http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=891

If I knew an easier way I'd have one myself :P
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 12th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Lysi wrote:I wish Blizzard would give us an option like buying a digital version of the original box set, but I don't think that's going to happen. :(
If they offered all the previous expansions Collector's Editions as digital deluxe versions, I would totally save up for all of them. If only. :( As it stands, since I can't collect them all, I've opted to collect none of the CE pets.

@OP: There used to be a way to "transfer" the vanilla CE pets from one account to another, but I don't know if that still works. It involved transferring toons from one account to another and then learning the vanilla pets before transferring the toon back.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vhale
MVP
Pet Score:10441
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Vhale » November 12th, 2012, 6:25 pm

I would not think the transfers would work anymore. As far as I know, when you transfer, it's only an option if the name and CC on the two accounts match. Before everything was tied to battle net, this wasn't the case. But, you also didn't get all the pet dongles in the mail. A friend of mine had the original CE on one account and he didn't have multiple dongles to move. There was a small window before they did the Battle Net thing where he had multiples and he could transfer. He did move a set over to his 2nd account. We had talked about trying to trade ce pets, I had the Netherwhelp. But at the time, we'd have had to buy an account then change the name on it then when he called, they said they'd make him wait 3 months after the update before he could transfer. Old character transfers were much more limited. So, we never went through with it.

I also moved the netherwhelp over to my nephews accounts that I was paying for at the time. Before, they had a dongle they could trade behind characters of the same faction. Now, they have the pet account-wide, which is quite nice. But, you don't even get the boa dongles in the mail like you used to. So I presume new CE pets like the D3 Fetish Shaman or Baneling, it won't be possible to pull that trick.

Kujaaron
Pet Score:9917
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Kujaaron » November 13th, 2012, 1:44 am

*if* you find someone who still has the pets from before cata (when they were BOA and not used up upon learning), you *may* be to somehow convince them, and blizzard to transfer a toon on their account to yours. If they put the unlearned pets on the character they are transfering to your account, you could then learn them once the toon makes it to your account.

not likely to happen but *possible*

Crysania
Pet Score:2661
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Crysania » November 13th, 2012, 6:22 am

thanks all for very articulate answers
i'm not very good at English so i'm asking you this straight question: can I merge my account with a CE vanilla account not yet trasformed in a battle.net account?

In this case will be not impossible find some old friend or guildmate with CE that have wow frozen.

Vhale
MVP

Post by Vhale » November 13th, 2012, 5:15 pm

My netherwhelp came from having a new, in the box CE edition, after having bought the regular wow. It was a preorder that got delayed and I got the regular at the store. Blizzard, applied hte CE and the pet after the fact with a phone call. Now, we are not allowed to buy and sell accounts so I'm doubtful that they would allow an old account to be merged with a new one. The problem is changing the owner's name on the old account. If it's been inactive since before Bnet, sure, possible. But active after and attached to someone's name etc? Eh. There just weren't that many CEs for such mitigating circumstances to happen.

There was one other way to get vanilla CE pets. HP used to sell a laptop that was WoW edition that came with all 3 CE pets. But it was 3000$. They still sell it but it no longer comes with the pets. I googled it a month ago to show someone, but the site is not wanting to come up for me atm.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 14th, 2012, 6:35 am

Here's one way to get your CE pets. :P

http://eu.battle.net//wow/en/blog/6434492
- Taking your candles since 2005

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 15th, 2012, 2:21 am

if you have 10,500 dollars yeh you buy a copy on ebay lol there is no way for us to get the vanilla wow pets unless they fetch out a digital copy.
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Zenbuddhist
Pet Score:2092
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Zenbuddhist » November 15th, 2012, 10:33 am

I realize it won't be a popular opinion, however I like that the CE pets aren't available, and I really hope they are not made available. I happen to have them all, but that's because I have been around since beta and I've picked up the CEs as they were released. I like that I've always been able to stand out a bit because of that (especially with the Panda or the Zergling).

Now, before anyone replies with "well, easy for you to say then, as you have them", I feel the same about any of the specialty pets. I don't have any of the Blizzcon Murlocs, and though I would really love to have them, I didn't attend those events and accept that those who did get something special for supporting Blizzard by attending.

I'm ok with not owning every single pet. A few special pets here and there that were only made available to certain people due to CEs or events allows those folks to stand out.

Mulot
Pet Score:3264
Realm:Ysondre-eu

Post by Mulot » November 15th, 2012, 11:59 am

I don't have them, and I will never get them, and it's quite normal.
People who bought old CEs and went to blizzcon must be awarded of them.

I just put them in the 'excluded' tab in warcraft pets, and I've got stars in the eyes when I see an old zergling fighting my pets in pvp battle ^^

Vhale
MVP

Post by Vhale » November 15th, 2012, 7:00 pm

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. Personally, I like what they did with the black qiraji battle tank. They released one, but it's not the same color and takes some effort to get. I have all CEs but the original and I wouldn't mind this at all. Granted, I dunno how they'd be able to squeak in the SC and Diablo ones. Not sure I'd trust a goblin made mIni Thor.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 15th, 2012, 7:43 pm

The only issue I have with the old CE and Blizzcon pets is that we didn't know there would be pet battles at that time. I'm not complaining that they added pet battles (it's my favorite thing in the game now!) -- I just wish I'd known that these old pets would be good for something other than looking pretty, back when they were actually available. Obviously this is impossible: nonetheless it's a bit frustrating.

In essence, I feel like Frosty (the frostwhelp graphic) is a part of the game that I chose not to pay 30 extra dollars for when WotLK came out. And I'm fine with that. Whereas I feel like Frosty (the undead battle pet with interesting elemental attacks) is a new addition to the game, but one that is locked away in ancient CEs that are now very expensive.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 16th, 2012, 10:28 am

I actually started a thread on the official forums requesting that all the old CE's be offered up as digital deluxe editions. Some didn't mind the idea, some likes, some roasted me alive on a spit and had me salted. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006245387?page=4#69

Like this one...
No. This idea is horrible and you should be ashamed for even thinking of it. That would be one of the most pathetic cash-ins Blizzard could do at this point, and that's really saying something.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 16th, 2012, 11:55 am

Poofah wrote:The only issue I have with the old CE and Blizzcon pets is that we didn't know there would be pet battles at that time. I'm not complaining that they added pet battles (it's my favorite thing in the game now!) -- I just wish I'd known that these old pets would be good for something other than looking pretty, back when they were actually available. Obviously this is impossible: nonetheless it's a bit frustrating.

In essence, I feel like Frosty (the frostwhelp graphic) is a part of the game that I chose not to pay 30 extra dollars for when WotLK came out. And I'm fine with that. Whereas I feel like Frosty (the undead battle pet with interesting elemental attacks) is a new addition to the game, but one that is locked away in ancient CEs that are now very expensive.

The issue I have is when I started playing in Nov 2004 I would not find a SE anywhere!! We looked and looked because my husband got an original copy but I wanted the pets so we looked for a collectors edition for me. At that time and they were SOLD OUT everywhere. They did not offer a digital version at that time, and I didnt wanna wait until they came back in sotck if they ever did so I just bought a regular edition. I have been a big pet collector from day one, so yeah that sucked!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 16th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Talmar wrote:I actually started a thread on the official forums requesting that all the old CE's be offered up as digital deluxe editions.
I wonder should I start one with requesting to get all old Blizzcon pets to petstore too? :P
- Taking your candles since 2005

Vhale
MVP

Post by Vhale » November 19th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Yes, I remember at release it was almost impossible to find a CE. I was in alpha and beta. I told my EQ guild at the time that I thought WoW would do well, but when we saw the sellout of 250,000 units, it was like... HOLY @(#*( We had no idea WoW would do THAT well. One of our EQ guildies in Canada bought up 7 CEs that no one seemed to care about locally and resold them on Ebay for 700$ each not 2 weeks after release. So, you could say that the original CE pets have never ever been cheap unless you pre-ordered or got lucky. In my town on release night they only had 3 copies in the store. None CE and several people walked out empty handed.

Granted, I am biased because I am completely overwhelmed by the cuteness that is the baby murlocs in Borean Tundra. If letting other people have access to my Frosty graphic nets me a baby murloc, oh HELL YES! I mean *cough* I'm just a nice person. :mrgreen:

Milkywind
Pet Score:3314
Realm:Gorgonnash-us

Post by Milkywind » November 19th, 2012, 7:19 pm

one of my friends has all 3 CE pets.

<----- Jealous!

Moiread

Post by Moiread » November 19th, 2012, 9:51 pm

Actually, one of the main guys on WoWInsider said a few weeks ago that he thinks Blizzard WILL make digital CEs for all of the previous boxes. Just not right away. So we can still hope. :D

Jestah
Top Rater
Pet Score:2501
Realm:Crushridge-us

Post by Jestah » November 20th, 2012, 12:32 am

I remember that I had my Collector's Edition reserved for something like 2.5 to 3 years before the game was released since it kept getting pushed back. It was totally worth the wait! It was also the beginning of my pet collecting!

*Edit: If they recreate a way for others to get my precious collector's pets, then they better also make it possible to get all the blizzcon murlocs or I'll be very unhappy! just saying!