Stealthing pets question

Discuss anything else pertaining to WoW.
PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us
Stealthing pets question

Post by PWOKristy » December 18th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Pets stealth with classes like Druids right? What about for Hunters with Camouflage? Does that still not work for Hunters? Thank you!

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Stealthing pets question

Post by Mezcaal » December 19th, 2011, 11:19 pm

companions don't stealth, they're just ignored.

but hunter pets camo with the hunter.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » December 22nd, 2011, 9:31 am

Ah. For PvP, huh? Not 100% on that actually. I think they do, but maybe try dueling a friend while stealthed and have them tell you? I don't PvP much on WoW.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » December 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm

on PVP you can use Wolpertinger or Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm, because they are only visible to the player and to members of the player's party. Non-party members only will see then when "completely smashed." and i dont believe someone used be completely smashed on pvp.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 25th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Sorry for the slow answer here, but some patches ago they added so when a druids and rogues go stealth, their companion pets cant be seen by others, but this isnt the case for a hunter using camoflage.

That said, i still find them a bit distracting to have out when stealthing.

Twilight
Top Rater
Pet Score:1404
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Twilight » December 26th, 2011, 3:18 pm

My pets don't look stealthed when I use it ... hmm.

This was one of the things I really disliked about playing on a PVP server (which I did until this past year): I couldn't always have a pet out, as enemy players could easily spot me. PVE is the place to be for pet collectors, at least if you like to have a pet out often!

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » December 26th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Twilight wrote:My pets don't look stealthed when I use it ... hmm.

This was one of the things I really disliked about playing on a PVP server (which I did until this past year): I couldn't always have a pet out, as enemy players could easily spot me. PVE is the place to be for pet collectors, at least if you like to have a pet out often!
You cant see them stealth yourself, but the other faction cant see it.

PWOKristy

Post by PWOKristy » January 10th, 2012, 3:54 pm

Weird. None of the 2 Game Masters that I asked, both in-game and the web site, know about this. I even asked on their customer service message board. So far only 2 fellow players answered.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 10th, 2012, 8:09 pm

PWOKristy wrote:Weird. None of the 2 Game Masters that I asked, both in-game and the web site, know about this. I even asked on their customer service message board. So far only 2 fellow players answered.
It was never an officially announced or confirmed change, but players started reporting that rogue, mage, and druid companion pets were disappearing when they stealthed or went invisible in patch 4.1. Perhaps it wasn't intended and is just a bug they have yet to sort out. I haven't tested it out recently, so I can't say if it's still happening or not.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

PWOKristy

Post by PWOKristy » January 10th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Ah. Yes, it is. I've been seeing it. Otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up again....

Domie
Top Rater

Post by Domie » January 11th, 2012, 11:03 am

Quintessence wrote:
PWOKristy wrote:Weird. None of the 2 Game Masters that I asked, both in-game and the web site, know about this. I even asked on their customer service message board. So far only 2 fellow players answered.
It was never an officially announced or confirmed change, but players started reporting that rogue, mage, and druid companion pets were disappearing when they stealthed or went invisible in patch 4.1. Perhaps it wasn't intended and is just a bug they have yet to sort out. I haven't tested it out recently, so I can't say if it's still happening or not.
Im pretty sure i saw some sort of announcment on it tbh, ill try see if i can find

Edit: couldnt find anything, tho im 99% sure they cant see them.

Teasel
Pet Score:2124
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Teasel » February 24th, 2012, 6:28 am

All pets disappear when you stealth. The only problem pets for druids and rogues are the Creepy Crate and Toxic Wastling as the act of "eating" a critter causes them to reappear and they don't disappear again until you restealth.

Unfortunately shadowmeld and camouflage don't hide your pets from view.