My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

(US/H/Madoran)Flex Raiding P. 2: THERE ARE PETS IN THERE!

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild, plus ideas for guild events and contests.
Brandmooin
MVP

Pet Score: 3007

(US/H/Madoran)Flex Raiding P. 2: THERE ARE PETS IN THERE!

Postby Brandmooin » December 15th, 2013, 12:46 am

Hiya Guildies!

Tonight during Bloody Coin Farming we had a brainstorming session regarding the future of raiding in the guild. Several of us ran a quick LFR, too, and it was really nice to do this as a guild group. It turns out we have interest in raiding, and flex is the natural direction we would take, at least for now. As part of the brainstorming we had the opportunity to discuss obstacles and identify solutions. Here is a brief summary of what we discussed:

Problem: We have varied schedules.
Solution: Please post a reply here if you are interested in raiding AT ALL (try to be as open as reasonable, this is tentative for now). For instance, I would like to try to form a group for Saturday morning (maybe every other Sat.) or Saturday evening. I will make a spreadsheet for all the times people post and see what we can work out.

Problem: Some of us are "serious" raiders, others have not really even run 5 person heroics.
Solution: Some of the more experience people volunteered to lead their class, providing guidance to newer players regarding gems/enchants/rotation, etc. For instance Fu is willing to help Warriors and Monks. BTW guidance means kind help, not that LFR judgmental meanness. Our goal is to bring the guild together through more group content, not drive us apart.

Problem: Some of us have surpassed the gear available in Flex.
Solution(s): Try something different, like bringing an alt or trying a different spec. Also, this person (with the right attitude, see above!) could be well suited for a leadership role.

Problem: Many don't know the fights, at all.
Solution: When doing LFR, ask in guild chat if anyone would like to join you. Encourage everyone to try LFR! It is a good way to learn more about raiding in general and to get some feel for the fights (yes, the mechanics change for Flex, but LFR is a solid start). Share tips, like "stand in the blue light, then run to the yellow light." Brief, concise descriptions really can help!

Lets have a great time doing group activities! Also, there are pets in there, and you know you want them :).

Again, please post your available times here, or if you don't want your schedule made public email me through this website. I would like to finish the spreadsheet by the 21st.

Looking forward to more group activities in 2014! I love this guild!
B.
Last edited by Brandmooin on February 17th, 2014, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brandmooin
MVP

Re: Flex Raiding Part Two: THERE ARE PETS IN THERE!

Postby Brandmooin » December 15th, 2013, 9:09 am

Oh, I forgot to mention that I would probably heal with Zuljia, but am flexible in this depending on our team makeup. Also, Brandmooin will happily JC for the guild in general. Just mail mats and a list of what you want and she will mail it back within 24-48 hours. I usually log Brand more often than this, though.

Also, Flex bosses adapt to the number of people in the raid. This means that anyone not really chipping in whether they are on auto attack and not hitting buttons, or trying to tank in cloth, really really holds the group back. So we would hope that anyone involved will sincerely try to hold their own, and be willing to look at ways to improve. Here is a summary of a situation I recently went through with a friend new to LFR:

After a couple runs, his/her dps was consistently at the bottom of the charts. We spent about 60 minutes together addressing gems and enchants, but not in the hard core way. All we did was take a quick glance at Mr. Robot, then finding the cheapest solution possible. We substituted lesser gems and enchants than were recommended, any cheap solution to get the socket bonus (keeping in mind the needed stats in general, and of course putting hit cap first). Maybe 500g total went into this. Then a quick look at rotation, and off we went! This person went from the bottom 5 in dps to the top 5 immediately. It really does not take that much effort to "get up and running" for raids. Lets work together and get those pets!
Brand
Last edited by Brandmooin on December 15th, 2013, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirres

Pet Score: 1815

Postby Mirres » December 15th, 2013, 9:54 am

I am interested in participating. That said, I am not a good player, and I do not have good gear. This would probably have to be my Rog, because he's the only horde character I have at level. (For now, my hunter is moving along nicely now..)

My schedule: I live on the east coast, so all times are eastern. I get home from work between 6:30 and 7:00 pm, I eat dinner and log in anywhere from 7:00 to 7:30 pm. My circadian rhythm is very strong, I'm in bed between 9:30 and 10:00 pm every night. Weekends are much more open. I wake up somewhere around 6-7:00 am, and go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00, unless I've caffinated very carefully.

I do know a few of the lower LFR fights, I have tanked them on my druid before. That said, direction would be nice, it takes me running several fights before things actually start to stick. And while mdps usually only needs "don't stand in X" some of the finer tricks would be useful.

If anyone comes forward as a volunteer for Rogues, I would love to have a sit down to discuss rotation and gemming/enchanting.

Petal
MVP

Pet Score: 3580

Postby Petal » December 15th, 2013, 1:23 pm

If this is open to MM people as well, I would love to do it. My issue is that my schedule is widely varied and I sometimes don't know from day to day whether I will have to work or not... the only day that doesn't apply to is Monday evenings (after 7 pm Eastern). If there is a spot, I'd be happy to bring any of my 3 90s — Marilena (DPS Hunter); Marisombra (Heals Disc Priest) or Marisangra (Tank Blood DK).

I will also begin to announce when I'm going to do LFR on the /wcpg chat channel. ^_^

Brandmooin
MVP

Postby Brandmooin » December 15th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Marilena,
MM people are absolutely welcome! In my eyes we really are all one guild, anyway. Blizzard, lift that 1000 cap! "Shakes fist in the air".

Rosz
MVP

Pet Score: 2741

Postby Rosz » December 15th, 2013, 2:46 pm

I'd be more interested of eight of my nine 90s weren't Alliance. :o

Roszgemma, the 90 hunter who did cross-realm bloody coins and LFR with ya'll last night isn't raid geared yet though I intend her to get there. Kairosz, my guild toon, is all of 36 and thus even further out from being raid geared. So many alts, so little time.

Hypah
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2214

Postby Hypah » December 15th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Im interested in joining but I've never run Siege of Orgimmar.
Im not busy this month so I can do almost any time.

Garfield

Pet Score: 3573

Postby Garfield » December 15th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Im interested in doing this on my DK(Baita). As far as times go, I should be good as long as it isnt the day when raid locks expire. If anyone needs help with learning the fights or anything, I can suggest a few sites also.

Gorja

Pet Score: 2885

Postby Gorja » December 16th, 2013, 9:27 am

I am interested =) I have a rogue and a priest, priest could use a little work and i could play disc and learn shadow.

I am good most nights after the holidays, wednesday nights would be the only night that I would most likely have the most trouble attending. Granted of course the kids and husband cooperate with me =).

Doobjanka
Site Admin

Pet Score: 4118

Postby Doobjanka » December 16th, 2013, 11:13 am

Let me know a time and I'll try to be there. I guess I can finally learn to tank on my DK!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Nisdenar

Pet Score: 3419

Postby Nisdenar » December 16th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I am very much interested in Flex Raiding...
I miss healing in a challenging raid mode (LFR isn't much of a challenge).

As an old raider, started when MC was first released, I am accustomed to having to "learn" the fight or teach it to others, for days (weeks) before succeeding... just makes the victory sweeter.

The only catch for me... I am completely unavailable on Tuesdays.
Any other day of the week, and I can be there.

Nis

Hermy
Top Rater

Pet Score: 3779

Postby Hermy » December 18th, 2013, 9:27 am

My MM toon is only Level 35, but my Level 90 toons are on a different server. I think I would still be able to join in though, as I don't think that's a problem now.

I've got three suitable toons - a Ret Paladin, who has a halfway decent tank set (I used to be a tank in previous Xpacs) if we needed, a Resto Druid and a Rogue.

My only problem is that I live in Switzerland. But a Saturday morning (US time) might work for me, as that would be Saturday night. I would definitely be keen to try & get along!

Egnever
Top Rater

Pet Score: 3968

Postby Egnever » December 19th, 2013, 3:44 pm

My gear is above the LFR and Flex raiding. But I am interested in the pets.
I am not a master of my DK class, but do know the LFR fights and can help out on class specs where needed.

I work nights so the only time I have available is Fri-Sun

PS: My goal id a Vicious Horror

Brandmooin
MVP

Postby Brandmooin » December 20th, 2013, 1:37 am

Check your calender in either MM or WCPG for raid sign ups! Looking forward to Doob tanking for the Flex raid. Room for more tanks/healers and dps. Ilevel 525 needed for Flex. Please sign up early so we can consider CRZ if needed.
The weekend of Dec 28/29 may be a little awkward due to the holidays, but lets give it a whirl anyway. :D

Ravnhawk
MVP

Pet Score: 4076

Postby Ravnhawk » December 20th, 2013, 2:24 am

I can do the sat but I am raiding normal on tuedays and thursday on a different toon. My gear is only 540 something but I know all the fights on flex but only 6 on Normal. Love to play with the guild more.

Pinyin

Pet Score: 3126

Postby Pinyin » December 23rd, 2013, 7:49 pm

My main is on Kargath but I have an alt in MM. But I've invited bloodyfields to my server before so you should be able to invite me over to help with LFR or flex. I'm good to heal in any ToTs or the SoOs although I have only be in SoO 3 and 4 a few times.

That said, if you need a healer I'd be happy to help.
Last edited by Pinyin on January 8th, 2014, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brandmooin
MVP

Postby Brandmooin » January 4th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Flex is 1/5/14 at 5 pm Central time. Ilevel 515 minimum, but 525 preferred. Please get gems and enchants of some sort in place before the run. If you are still doing 20k dps, please fix this in advance. Go to Mr. Robot, Noxxic, Icy-Veins, etc. We have a great guild, they should help, just ask! Also, YOU MUST HAVE VENT SET UP IN ADVANCE! If you have no headset, fine, but you need to be able to hear us.
This team is a work in progress, with a broad range of knowledge levels. We are having fun together!
One more thing. Anyone willing to post a quick guide to which bosses drop pets, and how to get coins? Or link to a simple guide? Just post that guide or link here!

Nisdenar

Pet Score: 3419

Postby Nisdenar » January 5th, 2014, 10:58 am

Brandmooin wrote:Flex is 1/5/14 at 5 pm Central time. Ilevel 515 minimum, but 525 preferred.
YOU MUST HAVE VENT SET UP IN ADVANCE! If you have no headset, fine, but you need to be able to hear us.

What VENT server are you planning to use? Or will that be determined at raid time?

Nis

Brandmooin
MVP

Postby Brandmooin » January 5th, 2014, 11:35 am

Good question, Nis!
We use the Warcraftpets.com vent server. Log in to your in guild character, click the guild button, then info tab, scroll down and the info is there. Identical settings are posted on the guild tab in MM. I am not posting the settings here because we have a standing order from Doobjanka to not provide the settings to non-guildies.
If anyone does not know what we are talking about, it is a FREE voice chat client. Here is the link to the manufacturers webpage http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php. As users, we are CLIENTS, so pick the download appropriate to your operating system from the Client section. It is pretty lite and safe, I have used it for years without safety issue.
Also, I will be logging in about an hour early in order to help people set up Vent and assist where possible with gem cutting on Brandmooin.
I look forward to raiding with you!

Brandmooin
MVP

Postby Brandmooin » January 5th, 2014, 12:29 pm

Also, a special shout out to those who have donated to our LFR and Flex runs: Marisella gave banquets, Fu gave enchanting mats, Riptree and Jitzu raw food mats, and of course Doobjanka who is letting the raiders take over tab 5 in the WarcraftPets guild bank for our shared stuff.
What awesome people the pet collectors are! I LOVE THESE GUILDS! I am really excited to raid together :).

Next

Return to WarcraftPets Guild