New chromatic dragon animations

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
New chromatic dragon animations

Post by Moritach » December 19th, 2011, 2:14 am

Sooo... a few new bits of animation. While I think the model of this pet is really cute, I'm a bit sad they reused the olympic dragon animations again. I always thought it had the most screwed up movement animations of anything in WoW and it annoys me quite a lot. On the other hand there's some really nice animations there. Do we dare hope that some of those animations will be applied to other dragon pets with the same base model? :D

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Re: New chromatic dragon animations

Post by Harval » December 19th, 2011, 2:52 am

I'm gonna guess Pet Store on this one. They would have included it in this patch somewhere if it was intended to be part of any sort of new content, and the next major patch is way too far away for them to be working on pets yet.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 19th, 2011, 6:32 am

The PetStore pets usually have some sort of promotional value, though, whereas this pet doesn't seem to tie in terribly well to any existing part of the game.

It's just an anomaly.

I am glad they're adding animations for it though, as that would indicate that it's not just going to get left by the wayside and forgotten.

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 19th, 2011, 7:29 am

The pet is probably "Soul of the Aspects" and if you have seen the end cutscene for Cataclysm, then this pet would definitely have some promotional value you speak of and tie right into the game.

Just as well as tiny versions of raid bosses do, not to mention the Pandaren Monk was out of left field when it was released and tied into nothing.

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 19th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Ohmigosh, the animation where he turns into a circle and makes himself dizzy! XD Love! I think the Celestial Dragon style animations are like, some of the best in the game. Even it when it was just the clapping, I thought that was adorable and oddly encouraging, and now that it also has spinning, flipping, and the absolutely delightful ways it flies and swims? Squee!

Not sold on this pet, mainly cause I'm not too into gold, but we shall see! Sometimes you have to see something in game for it to capture your heart. I'll certainly do my best to collect it regardless.