Viscous Horror and Droplet of Y'Shaarj

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us
Viscous Horror and Droplet of Y'Shaarj

Post by Dolz » November 30th, 2013, 9:07 pm

These are getting a little annoying for me. I have yet to see one drop in a raid or even one listed in the AH. The only reason I believe they're real is I saw someone with a lvl 1 Droplet of Y'Shaarj.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Re: Viscous Horror and Droplet of Y'Shaarj

Post by Avalee » December 1st, 2013, 3:59 am

Droplet of Y'Shaarj is really not that rare (or expensive) on high pop realms. But the viscous horror is. If it does show up on the AH, the price is close to 100k.
I traded my Soul Trader for one. And that at a time the Soul Trader was worth a lot more than it is now.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 1st, 2013, 11:18 am

I finally picked up the Droplet for 10k the other day (second time I've seen it on the AH) but I've NEVER seen the Horror show up on my own realm AH and, when I have spotted it on high pop AH's, it's around 80k - 100k, as Avalee said.

I can see me doing some Viscous Horror farming next expac as I'm really not expecting to get it during MoP.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 1st, 2013, 6:08 pm

Mehetabel wrote:I finally picked up the Droplet for 10k the other day
I also purchased the Droplet for 10k as that was the cheapest I've ever seen it on my server. Naturally it dropped that very same day in my guild's 10 man. Oh RNG gods, how you must enjoy mocking me *shakes a fist*

As soon as I reach level cap in the next expansion, I'm heading into ToT to try and solo everything up to Primordius. Hoping I'll finally be able to collect it then.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » December 3rd, 2013, 4:28 am

ToT would be like trying to solo Firelands now. I am not sure even at the end of next expansion we will be able to solo TOT... and 7 bosses at that. Even then, the drop rate is not that high. Going to be a tough one to get.

Arshadi
Pet Score:4464
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Arshadi » December 3rd, 2013, 10:49 am

One possibility with the Viscous Horror is to check with other raiding guilds on your server. When the Horror dropped for my guild, it went on the random roll to a guildie who didn't have a strong interest in pets - I traded her a Jeweled Onyx Panther for it, which seemed like a fair trade to both of us.

I suspect there are folks in raiding guilds who ended up with this pet and would gladly sell or trade it if they were aware that it's valuable. A lot of players are into pets only casually - they'll learn it if they happen to get it and don't want to bother with the AH, but if approached directly they're often willing to strike a deal.

I can't see that it would be worth the time to try and farm this thing even if the content were soloable. In all of our raids when the content was current, I saw the Horror drop exactly once. Putting time into gathering the resources for a trade or outright purchase would probably work out better.

You could check with raiding guilds for the Droplet too - prices on that pet are far, far lower and should continue to drop because those of us who raid are going to be in Siege of Orgrimmar content for awhile.

Iskarjareck
Pet Score:7963
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Iskarjareck » December 3rd, 2013, 8:06 pm

Azrile wrote:ToT would be like trying to solo Firelands now. I am not sure even at the end of next expansion we will be able to solo TOT... and 7 bosses at that. Even then, the drop rate is not that high. Going to be a tough one to get.
The key thing here is that we'll be gaining 10 levels rather than just 5.

WotLK stuff is soloable to us at 90 so would follow that we'll be able to solo 90's at lvl100 [at least for the more solo capable classes.]

Quil2
Pet Score:3642
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Quil2 » December 3rd, 2013, 9:34 pm

With the complete redesign of stats / item squish, it's really not clear how easy or difficult Throne will be when we hit level 100. They said we'd still be able to solo the existing old content that can be solo'd today, so it's a possibility. But I'm betting going from 90 to 100 isn't going to be the difference that we see from 80 to 90 today, after the changes.