Account wide pets?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dobber12
Account wide pets?

Post by Dobber12 » December 17th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Has anyone heard or seen a blue post about making our companion pets account wide? I heard on The Instance Podcast today that they were considering making mounts account wide, and with the rise of pet battles i was wondering if this was coming for pets as well. Thanks

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Account wide pets?

Post by Jadax » December 17th, 2011, 6:53 pm

Account wide pets is a planned feature of Mists of Pandaria, but as far as I know, there's precious little information about it beyond what was said at Blizzcon.

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 17th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Yeah, they announced it along with pets becoming tradeable.

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 19th, 2011, 1:45 am

It was announced at Blizzcon and there has been at least one blue post since that says it's still planned, but it's still early in development obviously.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » December 20th, 2011, 12:51 am

Harval wrote:It was announced at Blizzcon and there has been at least one blue post since that says it's still planned, but it's still early in development obviously.
It's also very difficult to say how it will be implemented. In fact, this is one of those things that may never come to pass if there are too many exceptions and logistical issues. I'd suggest for everyone to view "account-wide pets" as possible, but by no means a guarantee in MoP.

Harval
MVP
Pet Score:4699
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harval » December 20th, 2011, 12:54 pm

From what I understand, it sounds like you will (somehow) actually be able to trade them right out of your pet book screen. The basic idea was to "train and trade" for "most pets". We'll see I suppose.

But you're right, like I said this is early in development and I don't yet trust this will make the final game. I don't even trust Pet Battles to make the final cut yet.