Bots

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu
Bots

Post by Trystan » November 23rd, 2013, 5:00 pm

I have encountered a Bot player today in Pet Battling. He had [pet]Onyxian Whelpling[/pet], [pet]Lil' XT[/pet], and [pet]Gregarious Grell[/pet] and did the exact Spells all the time in the same round. It was pretty funny because I had an obvious anti-combo as a Team and beat him. After that I immediately queued again and got him as my Enemy again.

I did this for approximately 20 Games and I always had him as the enemy. He did the same abilities. Every round. Never changed anything. He didn't even flee or anything. No tactics and nothing.

Hands down, this was a Bot - And it is well-known that Bots for Pet Battling exist. He gave me 20 wins for free.

Has anyone of you encountered Bots in PvP Pet Battling yet, aswell?

It's a little sad that there is no function to report him.

Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu

Re: Bots

Post by Trystan » November 23rd, 2013, 5:23 pm

Having him again as enemy. Same Pets, same abilities in the same round. No alteration of anything.

:lol: :twisted:

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » November 25th, 2013, 5:53 am

Yeah, met one quite a few times that runs anubisath idol + direhorns (though it's been a while since I last saw him). I would recognize him due to the names of the pets and I know it was a bot for similar reasons to yours, + he had a delay on choosing moves that was always the same.

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Zeemonster424 » November 25th, 2013, 10:10 am

I've run into some actually battling and leveling pets (They hang out by Lucky-Yi, where the 4 Marsh Fiddlers spawn)... and it's obvious when you look on the AH and the person has 35 level 25s up for sale (or more) constantly.

UGGH, it's ruining our pet economy, because they buy pets, level them to 25, and inflate the prices. Yes, the PvP wins are good, but what it's doing to the AH and the flow of things, not cool :(

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13608
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » November 25th, 2013, 12:29 pm

had one yesterday also. got some couple wins and the achievement no time to heal

Vindagor
Pet Score:803
BattleTag®:LeechLord#1746
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Vindagor » November 26th, 2013, 2:07 am

I've run into a couple weird teams. One was a guy using just the basic abilities every turn for all his pets, but I only faced him a couple times. There's another guy I see semi-regularly who just doesn't attack at all, just sits there the whole game. Whenever I see him I just go AFK for a while and come back to a victory.

Can't really say whether they're actually bots though