color variations

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Susha
Pet Score:1418
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us
color variations

Post by Susha » November 4th, 2012, 12:20 pm

I'm sure I'm just missing this, but is there a list somewhere of which pets are color-changers and which ones you need to collect multiples of each to get all the colors? Please and thank you.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: color variations

Post by Quintessence » November 4th, 2012, 1:31 pm

It's random which pets change color as far as I can tell. Some have experienced only captured secondary pets changing, while others have found both captured primary and secondary pets will switch colors each time they're summoned. There's really no hard/fast rule for color-changers; two of the same pet don't always follow the color-changing pattern.

The most common color-changers are probably pets with the beetle, lizard, cat, and snake model. I've also seen a few of the newer wild pets from Pandaria changing.

One thing to keep in mind is that Blizzard is "fixing" color-changers in a future patch. Whatever color pet you capture, is the color pet you'll summon. That's their goal at least. (Part of me hopes it doesn't work :P)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Susha
Pet Score:1418
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Re: color variations

Post by Susha » November 5th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Thank you for the info. I dont mind color-changers and im okay with collecting extra to get the colors, I was just hopeing there was an offical version for it. Makes it easier to plan.