Can't get Lurky anymore

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us
Can't get Lurky anymore

Post by Iamwhatis » November 14th, 2013, 7:49 pm

I’m under the impression that you can not get Lurky anymore. That you can activate the Burning Crusade Collector’s Edition EU version (very expensive) but that you can not get Lurky. This blog is all about not being able to redeem the code.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 238?page=1

It concludes with a fix but ends with (post 91) not being able to get Lurky.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 238?page=5

posted by a GM (I think) on August 15, 2013 said:

“Hagut

@Koko & Nymeia

I'm afraid we're unable to help with Lurky as it's not part of the Collector's Edition extras. Please see the support article above for more information.”

I’m pretty sure the support article he is referring to (the link in the blog no longer works) is this one:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/articl ... redemption

The address has changed but I believe it’s the same one because the dates match.

It starts with:

“Purchasers of the European World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Collector’s Edition…”

And at the end says you can redeem the Netherwhelp

That would make the EU version and the US version of the same value.

Re: Can't get Lurky anymore

Post by Guest » November 15th, 2013, 7:18 am

Aww, that sucks. Seems I was lucky. I managed to get both Netherwhelp and Lurky.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... nt#81:a665

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 15th, 2013, 5:50 pm

That's pretty disappointing for EU collectors. :(

But I suppose that makes sense. Originally Lurky was only granted as an "oops, we fubbed up" gift from Blizzard when the BC CE was first distributed. IIRC, the issue was fixed eventually.

Thanks for the heads up that this pet is likely not obtainable anymore. We'll update its profile in the near future to reflect that.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Post by Guest » November 18th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Quintessence wrote:But I suppose that makes sense. Originally Lurky was only granted as an "oops, we fubbed up" gift from Blizzard when the BC CE was first distributed. IIRC, the issue was fixed eventually.
The issue was never resolved afaik. They just stopped producing the boxes.

Nilara
Pet Score:3871
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Nilara » December 7th, 2013, 9:33 am

I received Lurky in October 2013. You can't activate Lurky online though, you need to send a few things from the CE box to France.

Iamwhatis

Post by Iamwhatis » December 7th, 2013, 11:42 am

Nilara wrote:I received Lurky in October 2013. You can't activate Lurky online though, you need to send a few things from the CE box to France.
I'm under the impression that you got lucky. The threads mention a couple people who did. I still believe you can not get it anymore.

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » December 12th, 2013, 10:14 am

I just wanted to add that I recieved Lurky today with the activation of my recently bought TBC CE, so it does seem like it's still possible to get it.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Iamwhatis

Post by Iamwhatis » December 12th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Madja wrote:I just wanted to add that I recieved Lurky today with the activation of my recently bought TBC CE, so it does seem like it's still possible to get it.
What did you need to go through to get it activated? Please give as many details as you can. Many Thanks

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 12th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:What did you need to go through to get it activated? Please give as many details as you can. Many Thanks
Well, basically I just followed the instruction on their Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Redemption article that you linked to.

So I cut off the barcode, printed out the screenshot of my account, made a note with my name, email and security answer and I sent it all to them in an envelope together with the Collector Set Reference Card.

A week later I recieved a manually written email saying that the CE had been added to my account. When I logged into the game, I'd recieved two identical letters. The only difference between them was that one had the netherwhelp attached and the other had Lurky.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Iamwhatis

Post by Iamwhatis » December 13th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Madja wrote:
Iamwhatis wrote:What did you need to go through to get it activated? Please give as many details as you can. Many Thanks
Well, basically I just followed the instruction on their Burning Crusade Collector's Edition Redemption article that you linked to.

So I cut off the barcode, printed out the screenshot of my account, made a note with my name, email and security answer and I sent it all to them in an envelope together with the Collector Set Reference Card.

A week later I recieved a manually written email saying that the CE had been added to my account. When I logged into the game, I'd recieved two identical letters. The only difference between them was that one had the netherwhelp attached and the other had Lurky.
Did you do this on an EU server?

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 13th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Yeah, I don't think it's available to the other regions since they didn't have issues with activating their cd-key.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557

Post by Mehetabel » December 16th, 2013, 6:32 pm

I was looking to buy the EU TBC CE in the next couple of months so this is interesting.

I think I'm still willing to take a gamble on it though.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Goldash
Pet Score:4825
BattleTag®:Insane#1813
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Goldash » December 18th, 2013, 4:30 am

maybe they will re-introduce it for US players in some fashion like other pets they have introduced from China.

Avo
Pet Score:6188
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Avo » November 4th, 2014, 8:13 am

Hello, just wanted to say that I bought Burning Crusade CE today and applied the code online. As soon as I logged in both Lurky and the Netherwhelp were waiting in my mailbox. So you can still get it, and you no longer need to send snailmail anywhere.

Zíra
MVP
Pet Score:10596
BattleTag®:Ziradon#2550
Realm:Arygos-eu

Post by Zíra » November 4th, 2014, 8:46 am

Avo wrote:Hello, just wanted to say that I bought Burning Crusade CE today and applied the code online. As soon as I logged in both Lurky and the Netherwhelp were waiting in my mailbox. So you can still get it, and you no longer need to send snailmail anywhere.
Great news. I still have an unused bc collectors edition at home. Wanted to sell it months ago, but with a possibility to get Lurky i could get a better profit :D

Do you bought only a code or a complete boxed collectors edition?

Avo
Pet Score:6188
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Avo » November 4th, 2014, 9:50 am

Zíra wrote:Great news. I still have an unused bc collectors edition at home. Wanted to sell it months ago, but with a possibility to get Lurky i could get a better profit :D

Do you bought only a code or a complete boxed collectors edition?
I just bought the code, since it was cheaper to buy code and then a used collectors edition than a unused collectors edition :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557

Post by Mehetabel » November 30th, 2014, 6:14 am

Avo wrote:Hello, just wanted to say that I bought Burning Crusade CE today and applied the code online. As soon as I logged in both Lurky and the Netherwhelp were waiting in my mailbox. So you can still get it, and you no longer need to send snailmail anywhere.
Based on this info I took a gamble (today, 30 November 2014) and I now have BOTH pets!! /happydance :D

I also only bought a code (not the whole CE box), applied it to my account, logged in and BOTH pets were waiting for me in the mail. :D

I'd pretty much resigned myself to only being able to get the Netherwhelp (even when I logged in I was doubtful that Lurky would be there) so I'm extremely happy! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420