The Celestial Tourney...now what?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us
The Celestial Tourney...now what?

Post by Mystik_sok » November 13th, 2013, 9:22 am

As I assume most of you have the four pets this week (or soon will). I was wondering how many of you will be continuing on with the tourney. The remaining rewards of one Flawless stone every 3 weeks, or one 50% exp buff/hour just seem kinda weak. It seems to me that they should be more like one stone a week or three pieces of food/week if they wanted to keep us doing that content.

I may do them anyways just for the Valor, but the rewards otherwise don't seem worth the effort.

Lexianna
Pet Score:2782
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Re: The Celestial Tourney...now what?

Post by Lexianna » November 13th, 2013, 9:37 am

From the very first time I looked at the rewards, I really felt like nothing was worth it after getting the celestial pets. I agree that a celestial coin should grant a battle stone, or more than one pet treat.

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » November 13th, 2013, 10:58 am

It posed an initial challenge but with enough pets and knowledge of each battle it's fairly straight forward (with a slice of RNG). I get most of my pets to level 22+ and then max them to 25 on 85+ alts to level the character simultaneously, so I'll probably keep doing it for the Pet Treat.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 13th, 2013, 11:57 am

I plan on getting the stones, to upgrade pets to sell. Stoned pets can net you a few K a week on a busy server like Illidan, which goes towards the purchase of the 3 pets I still need, Rocket Chicken, Tuskarr Kite, and Viscous Horror. Of course, then I'll need the mounts after that too, so it will be some time getting money together for me. Even just the one stone a week is incentive enough for me at this point.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » November 13th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Worgenbait wrote:Even just the one stone a week is incentive enough for me at this point.
How about one stone every three weeks?

I plan on continuing to do it for the stones, but I still have a bunch of pets to upgrade. And then stockpile those stones for 6.0, of course.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 13th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Tuatha1 wrote:
Worgenbait wrote:Even just the one stone a week is incentive enough for me at this point.
How about one stone every three weeks?

I plan on continuing to do it for the stones, but I still have a bunch of pets to upgrade. And then stockpile those stones for 6.0, of course.
Actually doing the Padaren tamer/spirits are an easier way to get stones (I have over 100 stockpiled.) What I will do get the 50% pet food which you can only get via 10 PvP matches so now you can get 2 a week.

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » November 13th, 2013, 1:54 pm

I will keep doing to because 125 valor in about 30 minutes is probably one of the most efficient ways of getting valor I have found. The 1000 timeless coins and the celestial coin are just bonuses.

Shagina
Top Rater
Pet Score:3992
Realm:Grim Batol-eu

Post by Shagina » November 13th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Personally I'll just stockpile the coins, keep my options open. With the new breeding system coming it might turn out I'll need more of the celestial pets in the future, otherwise I'll turn them in for stones or food. Keep in mind that the coins are BoA, you can store them on an alt if space is an issue.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 14th, 2013, 8:47 am

Shagina wrote:With the new breeding system coming it might turn out I'll need more of the celestial pets in the future
Ugh, I didn't even think about this possibility. It seems like they're going to let you choose specifically which pet you want to nuke, but even so it's probably a good idea to stockpile. ugh ugh.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » November 15th, 2013, 7:47 pm

I probably won't continue to do it after this week. Farming it for stones is really not worth it, and I never even use my xp buff food.

Ironsausage
Pet Score:2370
BattleTag®:IronSausage#1754
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Ironsausage » November 15th, 2013, 11:46 pm

Danneris wrote:I will keep doing to because 125 valor in about 30 minutes is probably one of the most efficient ways of getting valor I have found. The 1000 timeless coins and the celestial coin are just bonuses.
Yup. Quick and easy valor. Also probably going to stockpile the celestial coins unless I really need a stone.