We need your feedback! General vs. Battle Info

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
We need your feedback! General vs. Battle Info

Post by Breanni » October 26th, 2012, 5:17 am

We recently changed our pet profiles to include three tabs: General Info, Battle Info and Comments. The General Info loads by default and provides all kinds of info to help people collect the pet. The Battle Info tab has all the potential stats, abilities and modifiers for battle-ready pets.

One change we're considering to make pet profiles more convenient is whether to make the Battle Info tab first. If we do that, when you visit any pet's profile, you'll see its battle stats and abilities first thing. Which would you prefer?

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153

Re: We need your feedback! General vs. Battle Info

Post by Cropher » October 26th, 2012, 6:57 am

When I'm looking up a pet I'm usually interested in both sets of information, so either way suits. :)

Tiki_gamer
MVP
Pet Score:2202
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Tiki_gamer » October 26th, 2012, 7:20 am

I guess the battle information is more useful nowadays, although usually when I look up a pet, it's information on how to obtain it I'm usually looking for first. You could maybe make the page order a setting in the user's profile (but then you will still needed to decide what to show first to non-users and those not logged in).

I'd also like to be able to click on an ability an see if it's unique - or all others that share that ability.
I know you show pictures and links to other creatures with the exact same abilities- but I would like the names displayed as well - I can't easy see this on devices other than my pc - it helps me work out which unique creatures to concentrate on.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499

Post by Breanni » October 26th, 2012, 11:36 am

Tiki_gamer wrote:I'd also like to be able to click on an ability an see if it's unique - or all others that share that ability.
This is in another update that's on our to-do list. Hopefully, we should have it online within a few weeks.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » October 27th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Actually, when I'm looking something up, it's almost always because I'm trying to find where/how it drops. I kinda like having the general info first. However, if you make battle info pop up first, I'm not going to stop recommending the site to everyone I know. It's still by far the best pet site around.

Temperama
Pet Score:921
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Temperama » October 29th, 2012, 10:52 am

general. I like and use both but the general one is more pet specific, the battle one is more generic.

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Hydramith » October 29th, 2012, 11:08 am

I prefer having the general information first. I collect pets first and foremost for the pets, not for battling them. Ofc course, being me I want them all at level 25 too, but that's more 1 of my weird things than that I'm really interested in battles.

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » October 29th, 2012, 12:57 pm

As the whole pet thing has changed with MoP, you now have two types of people - collectors and battlers.

Maybe the account could have this added, and you could choose to have the general or battle info first.

Mind you I think someone already suggested something like this.

Arve,
battle alt.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 29th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Personally, I like to see the comments. (I wouldn't mind a link to wowhead, either.)
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » November 1st, 2012, 11:20 am

I like the tabs and they've all proven very useful.

During play however, the one thing I'm finding I do most often is to have wowhead up on my second monitor so I can see the maps of where I should be looking for the pets I'm seeking.

Not sure if there is anyway to maybe to add a link the maps or what not.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 1st, 2012, 12:38 pm

I don't have a preference as to which tab is first, but I do like the idea of a link to wowhead for the maps. I usually have to have 2 tabs open: one for warcraftpets and one for wowhead to farm a pet best. Even better would be to add a map to warcraftpets, which would be a pain for you guys, I know. So the link would work too :D :!:

Direbane

Post by Direbane » November 1st, 2012, 2:25 pm

Thank you for the consideration to ask us which we'd prefer.

I find that when I look up a pet it's usually because I'm trying to get information about the pet's spawn location/timer/etc.

So, for me the "General" tab would be my pick for the default tab. After all, I can't very well concern myself with battle statistics for a pet I cannot even locate. :P

After I get the location information I usually proceed directly to the user comments tab for the pet in question. This helps me get a feel for what other members are doing and what their experiences have been like in relation to acquiring the pet.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » November 1st, 2012, 5:05 pm

I would say general tab in front. While most of us like to collect *all* the pets, the number we use for pet battles is usually a much smaller percentage.
Mingyao on Madoran

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » November 1st, 2012, 7:16 pm

Another vote for general, due to the info provided on how to get the pets.

I think the only time I've looked at battle info was to get an idea of weaknesses of some of the quest tamer pets

Feathered
Top Rater
Pet Score:5098
BattleTag®:Maleika#1571
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Feathered » November 3rd, 2012, 2:31 pm

General for me to!! Im normally looking for the "how to get" info first. For battling I use the ones I like, stats dont matter. More fun for me that way then having to have the best of the best of the best.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » November 4th, 2012, 10:52 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a wowhead link, but I don't think putting maps here would stop me from going to wowhead eventually to help find tough pets. They've just got a different audience, and the comments there are always different from the comments here. Sometimes I'm slow and it takes two or three different ways of looking at something for it to "click" for me.

Oh! And a "me too" for whoever said they use the comments tab here!

Tadedra
Pet Score:7267
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tadedra » November 5th, 2012, 6:56 pm

I like the suggestion as a default its general but in your profile it's preference based for battle or general.

Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us

Post by Reapersbeast » November 18th, 2012, 4:33 am

The way you have it set up now is fine! I think "Most" people when they look up "Anything" they wanna know the "when, where, and how" to get it first and foremost. Not to mention the rest of the info is just 1 easy click away so really its fine!

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 18th, 2012, 7:24 am

Breanni wrote:make the Battle Info tab first. (...) Which would you prefer?
I only use the Battle Info tab. Thats my 2 copper..