List 10pets to level for the Celestial Tourney--I'm dying!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us
List 10pets to level for the Celestial Tourney--I'm dying!

Post by Melmo » November 6th, 2013, 12:12 pm

Hi fellow battlers, can someone pretty please list some go-to pets (including breeds) that will help me through this terrible ordeal? Lol ;) Also do I need more than one of a particular pet? Thanks for your time :)

Shadewraith
Pet Score:4057
BattleTag®:ocmsbutrknyf#1103
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: List 10pets to level for the Celestial Tourney--I'm dyin

Post by Shadewraith » November 6th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Check out [url]http://wowpetbattle.com/celestialtournament.html[/url]. This guy posts teams for every fight and they've worked flawlessly for me so far.

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » November 6th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Thank you very much :)

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » November 6th, 2013, 2:33 pm

2 Pandarian Water Spirits and 2 Chrominius will make your life very easy. :)

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » November 6th, 2013, 2:52 pm

JEC wrote:2 Pandarian Water Spirits and 2 Chrominius will make your life very easy. :)
I kept getting killed trying it with Chrominius, he couldn't quit kill Zao before the heal went off. I switched to a S/S Alpine Foxling and win all the time now.

Superdmason
Pet Score:6726
Realm:Norgannon-us

Post by Superdmason » November 6th, 2013, 3:22 pm

I also have a list a strats for the tournament at [url=http://petcharge.wordpress.com]petcharge.wordpress.com[/url]. And I totally agree with the Alpine Foxling thing. Going first is key!

I've also used [url=http://wowpetbattle.com]wowpetbattle.com[/url] stuff to great success, too.
Pet Charge - PvE Pet Battles and more.
http://petcharge.wordpress.com/

Arwyn3
Top Rater
Pet Score:6996
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Arwyn3 » November 6th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Your collection looks deep enough to do it. There are so many different strats out there you should be able to put something together. I've been challenging myself to use a different strat each week. The sites suggested above are great, but there's also 5-6 very good forum threads here with sound advice and strategies.

Fadaar
Pet Score:11400
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Fadaar » November 6th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Unborn Val'kyr and Rapana Whelk can kill Chi-Chi just the two of them, with the Whelk not even getting below half health most times. At the beginning of the tournament I absolutely could not get past that stupid bird until I had a moment of clarity and decided to try that combo. Absolutely devastating. Having another Val'kyr for other fights (ie Xu-Fu and trainers that start with a Humanoid pet) is also very very nice, or a Ghostly Skull can be substituted in however it lacks Curse of Doom.
Killerkarl wrote:
JEC wrote:2 Pandarian Water Spirits and 2 Chrominius will make your life very easy. :)
I kept getting killed trying it with Chrominius, he couldn't quit kill Zao before the heal went off. I switched to a S/S Alpine Foxling and win all the time now.
Leveling a pair of Zandalari raptors with the Black Claw/Hunting Party + a random 3rd pet (preferably a mechanical with Ion Cannon for the final big hit) makes Zao easy mode.

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » November 7th, 2013, 2:42 am

Killerkarl wrote: I kept getting killed trying it with Chrominius, he couldn't quit kill Zao before the heal went off. I switched to a S/S Alpine Foxling and win all the time now.
[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet]
cast Geyser, then Whirlpool, then swap to

[pet]Chrominius[/pet]
cast Howl, then Bite, then Surge of Power

Hasn't failed me once in the last 7 or 8 weeks. Make sure you cast a Bite before Surge of Power. It will make sure he takes enough dmg to die from Surge. If you cast Surge right after Howl he won't necessarly die and his healing ability will go off while you are recovering.

Post by Guest » November 7th, 2013, 4:12 am

Zao:

Sunreaver Microsentry
1) Fel Immolate
2) Call Lightning
3) Switch to any P/P Zandalari Raptor with both Black Claw and Hunting Party
4) Black Claw
5) Hunting Party (2 round ability)
6) Hunting Party kills zao (even if his wish went off)

I never use the 2nd raptor, but he's there in case.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 7th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Bretonas wrote:
Killerkarl wrote: I kept getting killed trying it with Chrominius, he couldn't quit kill Zao before the heal went off. I switched to a S/S Alpine Foxling and win all the time now.
[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet]
cast Geyser, then Whirlpool, then swap to

[pet]Chrominius[/pet]
cast Howl, then Bite, then Surge of Power

Hasn't failed me once in the last 7 or 8 weeks. Make sure you cast a Bite before Surge of Power. It will make sure he takes enough dmg to die from Surge. If you cast Surge right after Howl he won't necessarly die and his healing ability will go off while you are recovering.
What kills Chrominius (seen it happen twice) are unlucky crits from Zao. I modified the strat to use a bird with flock and lead off with a CoD undead pet (cast CoD on undead round), So: play with undead pet until dead, cast CoD, geyser, whirlpool, swtich, flock. Even if he casts heal, he dies and the bird with flock takes reduced damage, so bad crits don't hurt as bad. This way does require the lead off undead pet CoD for certainty, since you don't have Surge to back you up if you fail to kill him.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 7th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Melmo wrote:Hi fellow battlers, can someone pretty please list some go-to pets (including breeds) that will help me through this terrible ordeal? Lol ;) Also do I need more than one of a particular pet? Thanks for your time :)
Which specific trainers are you having problems with? That would help a whole ton. I've got teams together for them all that I'd be happy to share but there's some thirteen different teams you need (the first three trainers rotate weekly) so it would be nice to have a little more information.

As for a particular pet I use two of? Foxes with howl and the speed increase, and s/s crows/ravens.

JEC
Pet Score:5503
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by JEC » November 7th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Melmo wrote:Hi fellow battlers, can someone pretty please list some go-to pets (including breeds) that will help me through this terrible ordeal? Lol ;) Also do I need more than one of a particular pet? Thanks for your time :)
For Sully, I just use any rabbit, any snake, and any flyer, usually a crow. No particular breeds are necessary, so this once can just be a run of the mill team.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 8th, 2013, 10:10 am

I have a full list for all my strategies, but it really depends on which fights you're having trouble with, and which strategies you'd prefer to use. eg, I'm really proud of my Senjin Fetish/Disgusting Oozeling Chi-chi strategy, which seems to be all but foolproof, but if you're already using a Snail strategy for that one there's no point in my recommending it. I'm also not a fan of truncated lists, because that doesn't actually teach the fight. Most of the time I recommend a cat eg, nearly any beast works, but in list form saying 'a beast which is sometimes relatively fast but that doesn't always matter' is kind of silly.

I do recommend a Crow or Raven, the Anub Idol, the Darkmoon Zeppelin, a Clockwork Gnome, that Fetish/Oozeling combo if you're struggling with Chichi, a pet with Lightning Storm, a couple Exposed Wound/Wild Magic/Black Claw buffers, a maggot/larva and of course... a beast with strong offense which is sometimes relatively fast but that doesn't always matter (I used a Darkmoon Monkey for a bit too).

Good luck!
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » November 11th, 2013, 12:04 am

Hey guys, Elfuego here from http://www.wowpetbattle.com I've been reading some of the concerns you have here and I just wanted to give you a few resources for the Celestial Tournament. I've been going over some of the new pets, showcasing them against the trainers, and I've had a lot of success with them. I've done both individual walk thru's for each boss, and I've posted the entire walkthru for all 7 opponents, for each of the different weeklies.

http://www.wowpetbattle.com/celestialtournament.html - This is the main landing page for the tournament, and every trainer is listed here with all individual strategies and different teams for most of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pAVB0dvE4 - This is Taran, Wrathion and Chen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWKIR0bV1hU - Blingtron, Wisemari and Shademaster

While every video I post shows the complete walkthru with descriptions and pets, keep in mind RNG DOES play a role in pet battles. I have found that breeds are incredibly important when choosing a pet to use against any one trainer, even in PVP!

http://www.wowpetbattle.com/breedid.html - This will explain why breeds are important and give you real time video of it in action!

For the Tournament, the MOST relied upon pets for me are: Kunl-Lai Runt P/P, Son of Animus P/P, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, Spineclaw Crab P/P, Crow S/S, Raven S/S, Menagerie Custodian H/H, Alpine Foxling B/B, Crystal Spider B/B, Flayer Youngling S/S, Scourged Whelpling H/H, Emerald Whelpling H/S, Gregarious Grell S/B, Unborn Valkyr H/H, Nexus Whelpling P/P, and Anubisath Idol H/H.

If you need help Power Leveling pets to 25 as fast as you can, the following 2 guides should Help you out tremedously:

http://www.wowpetbattle.com/fourfights.html - This is how to power level a lvl 1 pet from 1-25 in four fights, complete with video walk thru!

http://www.wowpetbattle.com/speedleveling.html - This guide will get your pets to lvl 25 in about 29 minutes. Take the time to read the strategy and watch the video, it may enlighten you with some things you may not have considered.

http://www.wowpetbattle.com/addons.html - Knowing your opponents abilities and when there comming is important, but knowing when they ARENT available yet is even more critical, the addon section of the site shows everything I use in my videos, so check it out !

I always answer to comments and respond when people ask questions, so feel free to ask! I hope this helps you out!

Elfuego,
GET OWNED!

Ironsausage
Pet Score:2370
BattleTag®:IronSausage#1754
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Ironsausage » November 16th, 2013, 12:01 am

I noticed you have Pandaren Monk. I've been able to solo Yu'la with him every week. Just throw him in and any other two humanoids, I've only lost him once or twice due to playing stupidly because I figured I'd win anyways. I used to have 2 Peddlefeet and Gregarious Grell, but the Monk is really strong against him.

Darkmoon Zeppelin is strong against Xu-Fu I have found. Him or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, as they both have Decoy. If you time it right you can block a Feed which makes him easier to kill.

Any pet with Lightning storm for Xu-Fu and Zao. Lightning storm with Cogblade raptor against Zao is pretty strong, I usually use Sunreaver Micro Sentry, Cogblade, and either Lil' Bling or Clockwork Gnome.

Like everyone else said, depends on what you are having trouble with.

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » November 16th, 2013, 3:29 am

I 2 pet Zao with a zandari ankle render and a twilight spider. I solo Yula with a Gregorious Grell.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 16th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Ironsausage wrote: Darkmoon Zeppelin is strong against Xu-Fu I have found. Him or Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, as they both have Decoy. If you time it right you can block a Feed which makes him easier to kill.
To add to this, if you start with the Mech. Pand. Dragonling, cast Bombing run on the first round, then breath until there is one round remaining on the Bombing Run debuff. If you cast Decoy here, it should get the feed as he usually does it this round or the next depending on crits/etc.. From there you can count the rounds till feed comes back (or use an addon) and hold onto your Darkmoon zepp's decoy until the round before it becomes available so you will block it a second time. Doing it this way, I can two pet Zu'fu fairly easily (I do keep an Ion Cannon pet in the 3rd slot, just in case)
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Melmo
MVP

Post by Melmo » November 16th, 2013, 4:30 pm

I'm grateful for all the responses, thank you guys! I'm currently leveling Panda Monk, water spirit, S/S raven, Clockwork Gnome, Kun-Lai Runt, Darmmoon Zeppelin, Menagerie Custodian, Chrominius, Nexus Whelpling, & Anubisath Idol. I'm really having trouble with every Tourney tamer because I only have like 34 lvl 25 pets and only maybe 5 of those are decent battlers ;)

You've all helped a lot! Elfuego, those links are amazingly helpful, thanks for those. Usually takes me days to level anything!

Post by Guest » November 20th, 2013, 3:25 pm

You're going to need more than 10, but...
In keeping with the Topic:

Darkmoon Zepplin, Darkmoon Tonk, Menagerie Custodian (Xufu)
Decoy, Missile, Missile, <if you think zepp will die, use Explode even if you're 1 round early>. MC: Zap, Zap, Ion Cannon (xufu usually dies here, if not, Ion Cannon from Tonk)
Sunreaver Microsentry, Zandalari Raptor (with black claw, hunting party) x 2 (Zao)
Fel Immolate, Call Lightning, Switch (any), Black Claw, Hunting Party (zao dies from the fel immolate)
Silkbeard Snail, Rapana Whelk, Arcane Eye (chi-ji)
Every 3rd round, chi-ji will "dodge". Acidic Goo, Ooze Touch, Dive (on round 3), Keep Acidic Goo up and Ooze touch until dead.
Repeat this with the Whelk but time Dive for a dodge round. If you need to use arcane eye just beam till dead.
Pandaren Water Spirit, Chrominius, Any Dragon with surge of power (Azure Whelpling etc) for Yu'la
Geyser, Whirlpool, Switch to Chrom, Howl, Bite, Surge of Power, Azure Whelp: Surge of Power.

A lot of people can solo Yu'la with a Gregarious Grell or with Mr. Biggles. I include the spirit, chroms combo because if any of your other 3 fail, this combo can usually do another one. Using the above pets and combo's I've never failed to kill these four trainers, it's the first 3 that sometimes trip me up.