Complete list of new pets in 5.1 - WIP

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu
Complete list of new pets in 5.1 - WIP

Post by Ryazan » October 24th, 2012, 6:27 am

Since there are lots of new pets coming in 5.1, I decided to make a complete list of the current known pets to help all those collector's out there.

All the information is based on PTR data and has been gathered from here Warcraftpets.com, Wowhead and MMO Champion. This list should be almost 100% accurate now since there has been already a release candidate from 5.1 in PTR. However, small changes may still appear. Anyhow, without further ado, zeh list (ordered by source):

Removed from the list:
  • Crow (a wildpet in Darkmoon Island) - Pet appears as secondary pet in-game but it can't be captured, pretty much like Ram in Wetlands. Could still appear if this is "fixed".
  • Honky-Tonk (a wildpet) - Doesn't seem to be in-game, the DFM pet tamer has this as a pet though so it might be meant only for him as Wowhead too only lists three abities to this pet.
  • Spectral Cub (from Blizzard Store) - In game files but no sight in store yet and won't probably come very soon due to Cinder Kitten is on it's way to the Store first.
  • Red Panda Cub (from achievement) - This was a reward from capturing 8 legendary pets but this and the achievement have been removed from game files altogether.
I'll keep this updated and naturally feel free to report errors etc.
Last edited by Ryazan on November 15th, 2012, 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Complete list of new pets in 5.1 - WIP

Post by Quintessence » October 24th, 2012, 7:12 am

Add to that Clock'em, possibly a new pet available from the Brawler's Guild faction quartermaster. Details unknown atm.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 24th, 2012, 7:59 am

Quintessence wrote:Add to that Clock'em, possibly a new pet available from the Brawler's Guild faction quartermaster. Details unknown atm.
It's already there. :)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 24th, 2012, 8:01 am

Ryazan wrote:
Quintessence wrote:Add to that Clock'em, possibly a new pet available from the Brawler's Guild faction quartermaster. Details unknown atm.
It's already there. :)
D'oh. I was looking for it alphabetically, so I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out. XD

Edit: Have you considered adding "Silken Fields (Valley of the Four Winds)" to the Imperial Silkworm and Imperial Moth's zone? I'm not 100% sure, but I think they can only drop from the Silkworm Cocoon which is created when crafting Imperial Silk once per day (the recipe that uses cloth and not Spirits of Harmony).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 24th, 2012, 8:59 am

Quintessence wrote:Edit: Have you considered adding "Silken Fields (Valley of the Four Winds)" to the Imperial Silkworm and Imperial Moth's zone? I'm not 100% sure, but I think they can only drop from the Silkworm Cocoon which is created when crafting Imperial Silk once per day (the recipe that uses cloth and not Spirits of Harmony).
I have, but I was uncertain whether they are from a recipe or byproduct like you said above.

Is the Silkworm Cocoon new in 5.1 too since at least in current version I don't get that Cocoon when doing Imperial Silk?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 24th, 2012, 2:03 pm

Ryazan wrote: I have, but I was uncertain whether they are from a recipe or byproduct like you said above.

Is the Silkworm Cocoon new in 5.1 too since at least in current version I don't get that Cocoon when doing Imperial Silk?
The Silkworm Cocoon is new in 5.1, and I think you can craft it in the next patch using the existing Imperial Silk recipe (taught by trainers), but I'm not entirely sure.

It would be odd if tailorers that already had this recipe were required to go out and buy/get a new recipe that's essentially the same, but produces a Silkworm Cocoon instead of just cloth. O_o

PS: I should have mentioned this earlier, but great list. I hope you keep this updated until 5.1!

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 25th, 2012, 12:07 am

Quintessence wrote:The Silkworm Cocoon is new in 5.1, and I think you can craft it in the next patch using the existing Imperial Silk recipe (taught by trainers), but I'm not entirely sure.
I'm also starting to lean towards the cocoon way after doing some research and will update that to the next version of my list. I'll prolly swap the sorting order to source instead of pet school to give a bit better idea how one gets what - or just make a Google doc where people can choose their own sort... :)

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 25th, 2012, 7:19 am

Mmm, from MMO about Brawler's guild:
Currently there are limited rewards on the vendor that require no ranking to purchase. This may change in the future, or more rewards could be added.
In it's current state, I guess this means there's no rep/rank limitation of buying Clock'em? However, I wonder the wording there, is the supply of the pets limited or that the rewards altogether are somewhat scarce?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » October 25th, 2012, 8:55 am

Ryazan wrote:Mmm, from MMO about Brawler's guild:
Currently there are limited rewards on the vendor that require no ranking to purchase. This may change in the future, or more rewards could be added.
In it's current state, I guess this means there's no rep/rank limitation of buying Clock'em? However, I wonder the wording there, is the supply of the pets limited or that the rewards altogether are somewhat scarce?
I would guess the pet would be an unlimited supply but with a rep requirement for the puchase. Maybe not exhalted but Honored maybe like Anglers? Or Revered?

Makes the most sense to me.

Tiki_gamer
MVP
Pet Score:2202
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Tiki_gamer » October 25th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Just a guess - but with the purple colour and Darkmoon Faire already selling it's own Tonk, I think the unknown Honky-Tonk above will come from Netherstorm, maybe close to Area 52.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 25th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Ryazan wrote:Mmm, from MMO about Brawler's guild:
There's currently no rep/rank listed on the pet item, but it can't be purchased right off the bat. I'm 90% sure a rep/rank requirement will be added to its tooltip in the future. The quartermaster has an unlimited number of them.

Tiki_gamer wrote:Just a guess - but with the purple colour and Darkmoon Faire already selling it's own Tonk, I think the unknown Honky-Tonk above will come from Netherstorm, maybe close to Area 52.
According to a comment on my blog, the Honky-Tonk is one of the Darkmoon Faire Tamer's battle pets. It might be just a mistake that it's listed in the Pet Journal.

Mirage
Pet Score:2633
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Mirage » October 25th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Ryazan wrote:
Quintessence wrote:The Silkworm Cocoon is new in 5.1, and I think you can craft it in the next patch using the existing Imperial Silk recipe (taught by trainers), but I'm not entirely sure.
I'm also starting to lean towards the cocoon way after doing some research and will update that to the next version of my list. I'll prolly swap the sorting order to source instead of pet school to give a bit better idea how one gets what - or just make a Google doc where people can choose their own sort... :)
The general consensus is that tailors will have a chance to receive the Cocoon randomly when making imperial silk at the silken fields. No matter if you simply use the Imperial Silk CD or use Song of Harmony with windwool and spirits of harmony, it will still always be made in the Silken Fields. Those CDs require the tailors to be in the Silken Fields.

All sources of the pets that I can find on Wowhead point in this direction as the source of these pets.

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 26th, 2012, 12:46 am

Quintessence wrote:There's currently no rep/rank listed on the pet item, but it can't be purchased right off the bat. I'm 90% sure a rep/rank requirement will be added to its tooltip in the future. The quartermaster has an unlimited number of them.
I actually downloaded the PTR client too to notice the same thing. :)

Ikrekot
Pet Score:2382
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Ikrekot » October 26th, 2012, 3:34 am

Mr. Bigglesworth is undead pet not critter.

[url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/135256-mr-bigglesworth]Mr. Bigglesworth[/url]

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » October 26th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Yeah, and Mr. Bigglesworth is the reward from the achievement. A new PTR build is up.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 26th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Anyone able to find information on the achievement that mentioned the Red Panda Cub (Seek and Defeat)? I can't seem to find it now on Wowhead or MMO-Champ's databases. Possibly renamed or removed?

I wonder where the Red Panda Cub will come from if not as a reward for completing that achievement.

Tiki_gamer
MVP
Pet Score:2202
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Tiki_gamer » October 26th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Just seen on MMO Champion, datamined pictures for 5 different Red Panda colour variations.

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » October 29th, 2012, 7:37 am

Hi,

Quick update. Mr Bigglesworth is the reward for the classic raider achievement.

Had a look on the PTR and solo'd the bosses that drop pets in MC on my 85 druid.

:)

Arve,
team alt.

Mirage
Pet Score:2633
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Mirage » October 29th, 2012, 12:15 pm

There is a screenshot of Clock'em on Wowhead. It has a similar model to the Clockwork Gnome...BUT!! It has two boxing gloves (ala Theldurin's Fist). Whereas the Clockwork Gnome has a greenish-yellow body, upright eyebrows, and yellow lights, Clock'em has a brown/copper body, green lights, and less vertical eyebrows.

Here is the link.

[url]http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93025#screenshots:id=329666[/url]

Ryazan
MVP

Post by Ryazan » November 4th, 2012, 6:43 am

Meh, Blizzard decided to "gate" getting Clock'em...
Brawler's Guild

Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house or by invitation from somebody within the guild.
Not probably a problem for peeps in a big guild but not fun for guildless collectors unless they are packed with buttloads of cash.