New pets from old Raids

Discuss the official WarcraftPets guild and Discord channel.
Bindibear
Top Rater
New pets from old Raids

Post by Bindibear » October 23rd, 2012, 5:02 pm

http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/5-1-ptr-pets-raid-bosses/

I know MC is solo-able by high enough level toons, but Naxx is going to take a few people at least and I think the first boss of BWL takes 2-3 people. Can we go kill some?

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: New pets from old Raids

Post by NathKnave » October 23rd, 2012, 7:21 pm

I've done the first boss of BWL two-man at level 85. While the boss is being controlled to break the eggs he's able to be healed by the other player (this is important, because if he dies he kills you when he explodes). Healing agro takes care of all the adds so they aren't beating on the controlling player too much (which shortens the channel on the mind control). As long as that person can keep themselves up with up to 40 adds beating on them it's not too bad (sounds bad, but they don't hit too hard).

The second boss I had to switch to a dps character because we couldn't get him down before his debuff killed the both of us (I was using a blood dk with leveling greens and my friend was a holy paladin). After the switch to my rogue he was down in like 30 seconds, it was ridiculous. You might still want two people for it anyway, since the debuff is guaranteed to kill you.

Naxx is "soloable by most classes at level 90" according to WoW Insider, but I haven't given that a try yet.

AQ-40 I'm unsure about. I used to solo quite a bit of it at 85 with my rogue grinding for the red bug (because it's red). I think I only killed three of the bosses because the others were more trouble than they were worth (they don't drop the mounts). Although they'll probably be much easier at 90 it depends on what bosses drop the pets. This one still upsets me since it took me about 3 months of doing it once a week on my rogue to get the red bug and I got it twice in three weeks on my shaman when farming for the enchants.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 23rd, 2012, 9:48 pm

Are you sure the raids aren't being updated for level 90?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 23rd, 2012, 10:08 pm

They won't be updated. It's for an achievement called Classic Raid Collector.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » October 23rd, 2012, 10:15 pm

I find it highly unlikely that they would update all four raids in the same patch. Let alone update Naxx a second time.

A side note: Too bad ZG was updated to an 85 dungeon in Cataclysm, I think a pet version of Gahz'ranka would be awesome.

Side note #2: Apparently it was wishful thinking when I told myself I'd never have to go back to MC after I finished Thunderfury.

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Moneypenny » November 3rd, 2012, 8:54 pm

would like to buy old naxx back :)
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » November 6th, 2012, 10:47 am

Some Naxx bosses are soloable, but all of it is duoable at level 90. At 85 my bf and I did all of it except Gluth (we don't have a kiter and the dps requirement to beat the healing from zombies was too high for us). The only other wonky boss in those old raids is Razorgore (first boss in BWL), recommend having two people for that as well. Other than that you can definitely solo most things even before level 90.

Jrshoe
Pet Score:3509
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Jrshoe » November 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm

My first post! Yay!

According to a few PTR testers (via this MMO-Champion thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1220029-Razorgore-amp-Viscidus-Finnaly-soloable ), both Viscidous and Razorgore (the two main "un-soloable" bosses) are being toned down in their mechanics to make them more solo-friendly.

While some classes still may struggle on Viscidous, there are some end-arounds for a couple of caster classes.

Casters with no frost damage : use a wand that does Frost damage OR use a low level weapon enchanted with Deathfrost and a Frost Oil.
Melee with no frost damage : Same as casters (excluding the wand, of course).
Casters with no true melee capability : This one I found to be a bit more interesting. While the thread doesn't cover this strategy (though I may have pointed it out in a post in there, I forget exactly), this is what you can do.

-Equip a fast attack speed 1-handed weapon (a dagger will likely be your best bet)
-Summon any pet(s) that can do melee attacks
-Use two trinkets that summon melee additions (Barov Peasant Caller, if you obtained this before the Scholomance revamp, is ideal)

A death knight without haste boosts using a two-handed weapon and popping Army can break the Shatter. This should be more than sufficient to do the same. If not, only one additional person should be required.

To highlight the Razorgore change, his health has been increased and his Egg Smash ability now has a 1.5 second cooldown. This makes this encounter vastly easier to solo.

The only questionable encounter is (if he drops a pet) C'thun, which can be soloed (albeit taking an incredibly long time to do so) if you pull Ouro (the giant worm boss) before engaging C'thun. This allows you to be "pulled out" of the inside of C'thun when you get transported in. This is the only mechanic that, currently, can kill you on this encounter, as the inside of C'thun does percentage health damage and not a set amount (even 80's and 85's could die in there if not quick enough).

The three bosses in Naxx in question are 100% soloable, and most bosses in between can be skipped. The spider boss cannot web the person with primary aggro, Gluth in 10-man can easily be DPSed down (you will likely need to either save him for last or commit suicide to get out of his room, however...Thaddius is not soloable), and the same applies to the fungus boss.

I hope this helps everyone!

Bindibear
Top Rater

Post by Bindibear » November 9th, 2012, 4:52 pm

After being the one to start this thread, my other-guild's GM solo'd Naxx a few days ago. Including Thaddius and the fungus boss. But he's a warrior and apparently Second Wind is pretty op. And then we did 25 man with only 3 people, and I only manged to die once. Some classes may not be able to do it, but almost all my toons tank, so I may be able to give it a try. And even if I can't, one other should do it. Thanks anyway.

Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Mairin » December 11th, 2012, 11:51 am

My 90 BM hunter has solo'd all the pet bosses in Naxx without much trouble and he's in mediocre gear and has the handicap of me at the controls ;) Patchwerk still hits like a truck although not sure if my dire beast or stampede pets were taking the hatefuls. Maexxna webbing me to the wall was a bit inconvenient too when my pet then had to come half way across the area to get me out but that's not an issue with toons that hold the primary aggro themselves. None of the others are particularly notable.