(US) The Official DO NOT TRADE List

Arrange pet trades on US and Oceanic servers.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
(US) The Official DO NOT TRADE List

Post by Breanni » October 14th, 2013, 10:32 am

Attention Pet Traders:

The original Collectors Edition pets and [pet]Murky[/pet] and [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet] are considered to be the rarest of the rare. These pets typically go for thousands of dollars on the secondary market and they are highly sought after by collectors. This makes these five pets the obvious targets of scams and other trading methods that are against the Blizzard ToS.

Therefore, we're no longer permitting posts that attempt to trade these pets.

These new guidelines are being introduced to help protect traders from scammers and prevent the overflow of such threads on our forums. After much discussion and community feedback, we decided to only block the trading of these five pets.

To be clear, the pets we no longer condone being traded in our forums are:

- [pet]Murky[/pet]
- [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet]
- Original CE Pets: [pet]Panda Cub[/pet], [pet]Mini Diablo[/pet], [pet]Zergling[/pet]

There's nothing wrong with wanting these pets, but the best place to look for them is on [url=http://ebay.com]Ebay[/url] or [url=http://wowtcgloot.com]WoWTCGLoot.com[/url].

To avoid any confusion, please refrain from adding the listed pets above to your trade post.

These new guidelines won't be initiated against previous posts, but any future posts seeking to trade or obtain these pets will be subject to closure and/or deletion. Older posts that are edited to try to circumvent these guidelines will also be subject to deletion.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In addition, please note that we do not permit the trading of Blizzard beta keys for pets. Threads seeking to trade or obtain beta keys will be locked.

Lastly, while trading the following pets is permitted, we do advise you to use extra caution and report any posts that appear questionable:

- Blizzcon Pets: [pet]Grunty[/pet], [pet]Deathy[/pet], [pet]Murkablo[/pet]
- Expansion CE Pets: [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet], [pet]Frosty[/pet], [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet], [pet]Lucky Quilen Cub[/pet]
- Diablo CE Pets: [pet]Fetish Shaman[/pet]
- SC CE Pets: [pet]Mini Thor[/pet], [pet]Baneling[/pet]
- Plushy Loot Code Pets: [pet]Gryphon Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Wind Rider Cub[/pet]

Our trading forums have proven to be a wonderful resource for connecting players to complete their pet collections. It is our hope that this policy makes them safer and even more useful for collecting all of the other pets you may freely trade.

Luxxy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3423
BattleTag®:Retraxx#1868
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Re: (US) The Official DO NOT TRADE List

Post by Luxxy » October 14th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Breanni wrote:Attention Pet Traders:

The original Collectors Edition pets and [pet]Murky[/pet] and [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet] are considered to be the rarest of the rare. These pets typically go for thousands of dollars on the secondary market and they are highly sought after by collectors. This makes these five pets the obvious targets of scams and other trading methods that are against the Blizzard ToS.

Therefore, we're no longer permitting posts that attempt to trade these pets.

These new guidelines are being introduced to help protect traders from scammers and prevent the overflow of such threads on our forums. After much discussion and community feedback, we decided to only block the trading of these five pets.

To be clear, the pets we no longer condone being traded in our forums are:

- [pet]Murky[/pet]
- [pet]Mini Tyrael[/pet]
- Original CE Pets: [pet]Panda Cub[/pet], [pet]Mini Diablo[/pet], [pet]Zergling[/pet]

There's nothing wrong with wanting these pets, but the best place to look for them is on [url=http://ebay.com]Ebay[/url] or [url=http://wowtcgloot.com]WoWTCGLoot.com[/url].

These new guidelines won't be initiated against previous posts, but any future posts seeking to trade or obtain these pets will be subject to closure and/or deletion. Older posts that are edited to try to circumvent these guidelines will also be subject to deletion.

In addition, while trading the following pets is permitted, we do advise you to use extra caution and report any posts that appear questionable:

- Blizzcon Pets: [pet]Grunty[/pet], [pet]Deathy[/pet], [pet]Murkablo[/pet]
- Expansion CE Pets: [pet]Netherwhelp[/pet], [pet]Frosty[/pet], [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet], [pet]Lucky Quilen Cub[/pet]
- Diablo CE Pets: [pet]Fetish Shaman[/pet]
- SC CE Pets: [pet]Mini Thor[/pet], [pet]Baneling[/pet]
- Plushy Loot Code Pets: [pet]Gryphon Hatchling[/pet], [pet]Wind Rider Cub[/pet]

Our trading forums have proven to be a wonderful resource for connecting players to complete their pet collections. It is our hope that this policy makes them safer and even more useful for collecting all of the other pets you may freely trade.
Def a Happy day :-D

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » October 14th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Thank you very much, I believe this is the correct stance to take on these pets! :)

Feliciamarie
Top Rater

Post by Feliciamarie » October 14th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Can the other post be edited? Lol, confusing seeing two conflicting posts with different information.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » October 14th, 2013, 5:14 pm

This one is a sticky, while the other one will be locked so it can die a slow death, although it was fun seeing our stance change from the original post to this new one thanks to all the great feedback we received!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Nightabsm
Pet Score:6772
BattleTag®:Nighta#1141
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Nightabsm » October 14th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Thank you guys at WarcraftPets SOOO MUCH for the revisions to the "DO NOT TRADE" list!!

Annys
Top Rater
Pet Score:4729
BattleTag®:Annys72#1333
Realm:Mok'Nathal-us

Post by Annys » October 14th, 2013, 8:08 pm

Thank you so much! I felt so bad...I didn't even dare touch my post and now I'm super excited because I can still come here (the only place I trust to trade pets) to get the pets I still need! I LOVE THIS SITE! :D

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » October 15th, 2013, 6:11 am

I am glad that you guys took everyones feedback and decided to change your stance. I for one would never have gotten any of the CE pets if tradeing for them was not allowed on this site. On top of that being able to trade Blizzcon pets allowed me to actually get gold (instead of always being broke lol) and to get all the highend TCG/Raid/CE pets. Thanks for listening :)
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » October 16th, 2013, 2:29 am

This is the wrong way to go. But I guess the judge's decision is final.

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » October 30th, 2013, 6:38 am

May I suggest adding the Hearthstone Beta key to either the not permitted to trade or at least add it to the be cautious with trading for this list

Shiranui
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Shiranui » November 1st, 2013, 1:14 pm

I don't see anywhere in this original thread that Hearthstone Beta key isn't allowed only the above post of: "May I suggest adding the Hearthstone Beta key to either the not permitted to trade"... So will the original post reflect "no Beta Keys for any pets".?

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » November 10th, 2013, 11:45 pm

An excellent warning to any new player not knowing the values or rarity of these old school pets, although you may have some luck with the later 2009 + blizzcon pets, such as grunty.

Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vaerosi » December 1st, 2013, 8:09 pm

Breanni wrote:These new guidelines won't be initiated against previous posts, but any future posts seeking to trade or obtain these pets will be subject to closure and/or deletion. Older posts that are edited to try to circumvent these guidelines will also be subject to deletion.
I had Tyrael and Murky on my want list from LONG before this rule was implemented (not that I think I'll ever get them, but still), but someone pointed out this post to me and I immediately deleted them before I saw this particular part of the post/rule.

If I want to edit my post again and put them back in will I be okay, since they were originally in my post from BEFORE this rule went into effect, or will I have my thread deleted?

Link to my thread: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... =12&t=4052

Edit: I just wanted to ask and be sure, since my thread has been open since May 2013, and I've edited it well over 100 times since then as I make trades.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 13th, 2013, 10:44 pm

[profile]Yenna[/profile], since it's difficult to prove/disprove whether or not the "do not trade pets" were originally in your post, it's best if you do not edit your thread to include them.

I also want to point out that had the "do not trade pets" been in your original post, and you bumped the thread to mention these specific pets, the thread would be locked. Older threads won't be deleted or locked, however bumping or updating older threads to promote the trade of these specific pets is seen as an attempt to circumvent the guideline.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Jabart » December 13th, 2013, 11:28 pm

The Do Not Trade List seems like a great idea. Not sure how many people noticed that thread attempting to trade a Mini Tyrael recently... I saw two posts backing up the seller as legit; both theses posters had one post total, and had just joined the forum that day. Slightly suspicious. Reasonable chance this list saved someone in this community from getting scammed big time.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Vaerosi
Top Rater
Pet Score:10251
BattleTag®:Vaerosi#1664
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Vaerosi » December 18th, 2013, 1:21 am

Quintessence wrote:[profile]Yenna[/profile], since it's difficult to prove/disprove whether or not the "do not trade pets" were originally in your post, it's best if you do not edit your thread to include them.

I also want to point out that had the "do not trade pets" been in your original post, and you bumped the thread to mention these specific pets, the thread would be locked. Older threads won't be deleted or locked, however bumping or updating older threads to promote the trade of these specific pets is seen as an attempt to circumvent the guideline.
Thanks! I doubt I'll ever get them, short of winning the lottery, but I kinda wanted a 'progress list' type of thing that includes them just for completeness' sake. Would it be acceptable to list them as missing pets on my profile/bio, or do I just not mention them anywhere to be safe?

Komalsharma1122

Post by Komalsharma1122 » January 20th, 2014, 6:16 am

Thank you so much

Post by Guest » February 18th, 2014, 11:59 am

It's probably the best course of action, given the fact some unknown person receiving funds for a blizzard code that they might have sold many times over. Better safe than duped!

Amritasya
Top Rater
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Amritasya » March 25th, 2014, 6:52 am

Thank you for clarifying the stance, clear boundary-setting is key to clean trading.
May I recommend inclusion of the BlizzCon 2013 pet, Murkalot, in the Blizzcon section?

Fishyjoe
Pet Score:1728
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Fishyjoe » April 15th, 2014, 11:13 am

I don't understand the appeal of the original ce pets, not particularly good battlers and not exceptionally striking to look at.