Sïan wrote:First off, thankyou very much to Rendigar for updating and expanding even further on Phraide's great work on this guide... 'tis much appreciated!
You are very welcome, this is a great community, I am just glad I can contribute to it (even if it is only my opinion and willingness to compile existing data and test it).
For the fight against Jeremy tonight...I swapped in the carry pet to get stunned by Fez (is that his name? It should be if it isn't
It's Fezwick, actually, so pretty close.
And now for the serious part of the response. I took what you did and ran it thru the grinder. After 17 attempts it resulted in the following sequence (known as "The Work", thanks to Stencil
14 14 15 14 13+14+14 6+15+15 14 15 13+13+13 14+14 = 10 wins, 7 losses, 230 turns total and an avg of 23 turns per win
I couldn't figure out what was bothering me until the end - why swap in the carry pet if you are just going to explode anyway? Fezwick will get a free hit on the dragonling when you swap him in, exactly the same as if you let him eat the stun. But the dragonling loses out on a chance to Bombing Run sooner (because he's faster than Fezwick).
I am pretty sure Stencil
was the person who posted the thoughts on this fight involving this (sorry, too lazy to look it up, brain fried from the same fight 40+ times today). So here is what the modified strat looked like:Darkmoon Faire StrategyJeremy Feasel
- Location: Darkmoon Faire (47, 62)
Team 1: 15 rounds
- Tail Sweep > Tail Sweep > (Tail sweep if missed once) > *Healing Flame > Tail Sweep til Judgement dies
* The healing flame is both to make sure you have enough life to survive a Shock & Awe and also to give you the Dragonkin racial when Honky-Tonk comes out. If Honky-Tonk stuns you it often is a loss, still It also allows you to drop the 25% damage debuff so your 3rd tail sweep will be a kill every time.
- Early Advantage > Tail Sweep until Infinite Whelpling dies
- Switch to Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling > Breath until Honky-Tonk dies (usually twice)
- Bombing Run > (pass if stunned) > Breath > (*Breath again if Fezwick has > 980 health) > Explode
* Bombing Run + Explode do 444+560 on tooltips, but I have seen BR hit for only 422. If you chose to Explode instead of the second Breath then your carry pet may need to take a hit and then do 20-30 damage, which may not be what you want. On the other hand my second loss was because Fezwick killed me after the Breath so there was no Explode round.
Note: your carry pet doesn't need to participate, as it will be the only one left alive at the end of the fight and will thus receive XP. Also, while this strat has worked very well in testing a stun from Honky-Tonk (25% in theory, if he opens with it, which is a 33% chance) can cause a loss. As can the normal string of friendly misses and enemy crits.
And "The Work" was: 14 13 13 14 4+13 13 13 15 14 13 13 13 14 12 16 13+13 13 13 = 18 wins, 2 losses, 259 total turns, 14.4 avg turns per win