Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Matafleur
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Hellscream-us
Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle)

Post by Matafleur » June 2nd, 2013, 1:04 pm

I am having massive difficuly beating Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle).

I am slightly limited right now in that I don't have a huge pool of 25 pets to pull from.

I can beat the eye easy using Anubisath Idol (lvl 25)
I can beat the tonk (barely) using Fel Flame (lvl 25). My Fel Flame always ends up dead or with only a couple hp's left.
I cannot beat that goddamn, ******* monkey. I try to use Clockwork Gnome (lvl 25) but it gets destroyed every time, here is what happens. Monkey goes first and stuns gnome, so I have to pass. Monkey then goes first and hits gnome for 600 or so. I lay down turret or repair. Monkey then goes and uses bananas, then hits gnome for 600 or, I use repair (if I didn't the first turn), oh wait a sec I'm dead. I reanimate, bananas get me, monkey comes in with another big hit and I'm dead again.

I switched in my rare Imperial Eagle Chick for the Gnome because I was so digusted at losing 3x straight with the above combo and managed to get the ******* monkey down to 400 hps before he killed my Eagle. Tut (my Anubisath Idol) was still at half hp's so I brought him in. Monkey stunned Tut, brought in the bananas, then killed Tut. It wasn't even funny.

I really hate that goddamn monkey.

I might be making some noob mistakes but really!

Are there any other Mech's that work well against that monkey? Ones with good survivability that can knock the crap out of it? That stun/banana/massive hit(can't remember what it's called) combo are devastating.

Thanks in advance.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Re: Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle)

Post by Tiggindy » June 2nd, 2013, 3:15 pm

My team is the mechanical dragonling (high damage vs magic with dragon breath, and high speed), He can beat the eye and do some damage to the tonk, final attack on the tonk is exploding. So the tonk is pretty hurt when my first pet dies.
Second up I've got Lil' Rag, but any elemental would be able to finish off the tonk and take an attack or two from the monkey (including the stun). I like Rag because my final on the tonk is the sons of flame so the stun will miss him on the monkey's first attack.
For the final pet, if rag doesn't end up killing the monkey, I use the darkmoon zepplin. High damage vs beasts, plus the decoy to block an attack or two allows it to survive long enough to kill the monkey.

Caniki
Pet Score:7379
BattleTag®:Caniki#1336
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Caniki » June 2nd, 2013, 3:43 pm

I've had no problems 2v3'ing him with a Fel Flame for the first two pets, and a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling for the last one. The Fel Flame starts with Scorched Earth, and spams Burn until Scorched Earth is off of cooldown. Refresh it, and the Eye should die. For the cannon, start with Conflag, and then spam Burn until Conflag is up again. I swap in and out my leveling pet after the Fel Flame dies. The Dragonling finishes off the Ion Cannon with Breath, if necessary. The first turn on the Monkey he spends setting up Decoy, and spams Breath until he dies, and on the mechanical resurrection, hits Explode.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » June 2nd, 2013, 3:55 pm

Infinite Whelpling + pet to level + Darkmoon Tank...

Tailsweep the Eye to death.
Use Early advantage to take the tank down / kill it, it might revive
if the whelp dies, pet swap to the leveler then straight out to the tonk.
Finish off his tank, and nail the monkey.

works every time... almost :P

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 2nd, 2013, 8:47 pm

Clockwork gnome (2,1,1)
Carry pet
Yellow moth (2,1,2)

Turret first. After your second turret, repair. When Tonk comes up, spam #1. If feasible, near the end of the tonks life, throw down a turret for the monkey. Switch to carry pet. The to moth. Moth should make quick work of fez.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 2nd, 2013, 9:17 pm

I don't think OP is trying to level a pet, he's just trying to beat it at all.

Here's what I use:

Lil XT: Zap, Heartbroken, Tympanic Tantrum
Scourged Whelpling (Ony whelp/spawn would work here too): Tail Sweep, Death n Decay, Plagued Blood
Dark Phoenix: (w/e), Immolate, Conflag

It looks like you haven't updated your collection from armory, so I can't see what you have available.

Against the Eye, XT does Heartbroken (get hit) and then Tympanic Tantrum. The Tantrum will do massive damage to the dang monkey while he's chilling on the back line.

After the tantrum, switch to the dragon and Tail Sweep him to death. Swap in the Phoenix (or another strong elemental) to nuke the heck out of the tonk.

Bananas should come out with about 500 HP left, easy for XT to Zap him, and your other pets are probably at half life just in case.

Good luck!

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » June 3rd, 2013, 12:20 am

I use an Elementium Geode, Kun Lai Runt, and a Darkmoon Tonk.

Elementium Geode is set to :Spark , Amplify Magic, and Elementium bolt.

Kun Lai runt is set to Take down, Frost Shock, and Deep Freeze.

Darkmoon Tonk is set to Missle, Shock and Awe, and Lock-On.

I have the Elementium Geode lead with Elementium bolt, then Amplify magic, and then Cycle Spark. By this time the Eye has been stunned with about 50% health left. Jeremy will cycle in his tonk. I will use Amplify Magic and spark to get some damage to the tonk. If RNG Likes me then I might be able to get another Elementium bolt off before the Geode dies.
I then swap in the KLR and use Frost Shock and Take Down to finish the tonk off. When the Eye comes back in I will then use Deep freeze for a big dmg hit to help finish off the eye. I will use the KLR's Frost shock on the slow the Monkey. By this time the KLR is mostly dead. I will then use the DMT and cycle Lock on twice followed by Shock and Awe. 95% of the time the battle is done and my DMT has 450 to 700 health. If it is close a missile will fcomplete killing the DMM.

Hope this helps!

Matafleur
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Matafleur » June 3rd, 2013, 2:45 am

Thanks all for the tips.

Anasa you are correct, I haven't updated my collection here in a long time. Whoops, my bad! I have just updated it. I have all of the pets suggested to try to beat Jeremy and I'll be levelling some of them up this week. Some are not of rare quality so I'll be hoping for stones or going back to try get a rare.

I cannot wait to try some of the combos to beat that ***** monkey. Yes, I am just trying to beat him right now, once I have this down I will rotate in a carry pet to level.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, you are all very much appreciated.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » June 3rd, 2013, 3:25 am

Here's my $0.02 on this ...

My team for Jeremy Feasel is :-

1) Personal World Destroyer, (1/1/2)
2) a carry pet to level
3) [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] (1/1/2)

PWD starts and does Quake, followed by Repair. The idea is to do as many rounds of this as possible, before PWD dies. There are 2 rounds to twiddle thumbs, so I swap in the carry pet, who takes/makes an attack and then swap back out. The best result I have had with this is getting that damned monkey down to 32 life :-)

When PWD dies, bring in Raggy against the remains of the tonk, using Sulfuras Smash to finish that off. (The only uncertain part is here, when several misses in a row can completely bugger up your plans for world domination.)

Bring back in the carry pet to soak the stun, then raggy comes back, uses Sons of the Flame, which keeps him safe from all those bananas and finishes off the monkey.

If you're uncertain about just using 2 pets and want to be 110% sure, don't use a carry pet - replace with something like Emerald Proto-Whelp (2/2/2), moving Raggy up to second and keeping EPW in reserve, just in case.

Layliah
Pet Score:7158
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Layliah » October 7th, 2013, 11:31 am

Just beat him with my Ony Whelping, Terrible Turnip & Darkmoon Tonk. :D

Skarn
Top Rater
Pet Score:5024
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Skarn » October 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm

The Clockwork Gnome works very well against the Eye and the Tonk. Use some other mechanical for the Monkey. Preferably a Tonk of your own!

Otherwise, the Infinite Whelping is a great pet to start with.

EDIT: Woah this is an old thread! Oh well, relevant this week anyway.

Geegeez
Pet Score:7503
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Geegeez » October 7th, 2013, 2:27 pm

I use Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (Decoy), Lil Ragnaros (Sons of Flame), and a carry pet. Yesterday I had decent RNG and almost soloed him with just MPD alone.

Arwyn3
Top Rater
Pet Score:6996
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Arwyn3 » October 8th, 2013, 3:15 am

Infinite Whelp
Darkmoon Zepp (decoy/explode)
Carry pet doesnt have to do anything

works like a charm. Credit goes to [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314[/url] which is an excellent guide for using tamers to level.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 8th, 2013, 5:45 am

Carry pet + [pet]Fel Flame[/pet] (211) + [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] (122) works okay, though the eye can be a bit annoying if your carry pet is too low level. The elemental has attacks that are strong against both the eye and the enemy tonk, and takes reduced damage from the latter. It's going to get killed by the tonk, but hopefully not before it can put up enough DoTs to finish it off while your own tonk puts up a minefield under it. Finish it off with missiles if necessary and then kill the monkey with Ion Cannon.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 8th, 2013, 8:42 am

I use Fel flame, DM tonk and Gnome. The fel flame will take out the eye and most of the tonk. By the time you get to the monkey you still have tonk and gnome left to take him out. As long as you have a strong fire elemental for the first two pets you should be fine.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » October 8th, 2013, 11:11 am

I use unborn, phoenix chick, and clockwork gnome. I use Unborn's 4 round attack and use attacks until it's dead (usually I get that a second 4 round attack on the next pet) then I cast UA when it coems back. Phoenix with the 9 round buff, then the burn and regular attacks until it dies. Then gnome with turrents. Gnome gets hurt hard but Phoenix is generally alive and almost at full strength by the third pet (that dizzy spell gets me to switch them out) so I don't really bother healing gnome.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » October 8th, 2013, 11:33 am

I run :
emporer crab (p/p) to start (shield and heal then snap away)
Lil Rags 2nd- for the tonk (sotflame and the trap and sulph smash)
finish with Enchanted broom on the monkey- often only 1 hit does it

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » October 8th, 2013, 5:32 pm

I changed my team around a bit after the Emerald Proto Whelp in my older post would sometimes lose to RNG against Judgement so I wanted to clear that up.

It is now:
Spawn of Onyxia (P/P 2 1 1)
Lil' Ragnaros (P/P 1 2 1)
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (H/B 1 1 2)

Judgement: Fly up then Tail Sweeps til Eye is dead.
Honky-Tonk: Healing flame then spam Tail Sweeps and use fly up when it refreshes (to avoid Shock and Awe) til Whelping dies and Ragnaros comes in. Flamethrower then Conflagrate when Tonk is under 500 life (the first shot of Conflagrate will kill the tonk and the 2nd shot will finish it off again after it comes back to life, all in the same round).
Fezwick: When monkey comes in, use Flamethrower (it will not land, monkey will stun Rag, this is important as a stun on yeti will mean a loss) and then switch in Yeti. Call lightning, Ion Cannon, easy kill.

I have not lost with this team yet. The Spawn of Onyxia is slower than Judgement and Honkey-Tonk so it gets 2 hits on each Tail Sweep each round. Lil' Ragnaros does massive damage against Honky-Tonk due to its high power. The Yeti 2-shots the Fezwick with ease after Lil' Rag eats the stun. I swap the Yeti in immediately after Rag gets stunned so that the Yeti can get its two hit finish off before Fezwick's stun is refreshed.

Substitutes (in order of which I think is a better substitute choice):

Spawn of Onyxia: Infinite Whelpling (P/P 1 1 1), Onyxian Whelpling (P/B 2 1 1), Spirit of Competition (H/P 2 1 1), Untamed Hatchling (H/P 2 1 2). Note: Infinite Whelpling is the same as the Spawn of Onyxia, without the Lift-Off which does help avoid the big hit from the Tonk, but the Infinite could use Early Advantage on the first round with the Tonk to do massive damage.

Lil' Ragnaros: Pandaren Fire Spirit (P/S 1 2 2), Searing Scorchling (P/B 1 1 1), Fel Flame (H/P 1 1 1), Dark Phoenix Hatchling (H/S 1 2 1), Spirit of Summer (B/B 1 1 1), Phoenix Hatchling (S/S 1 2 2). Note: the last 3 are all equal on damage.

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti: Menagerie Custodian (H/P 1 1 2), Darkmoon Tonk (H/P 1 1 2). Note: the Yeti edges both of these out with the Call Lightning's bonus +25% mechanical damage which insures the Ion Cannon finishes the Monkey every time. The Custodian has slightly more damage than the Darkmoon Tonk.
Last edited by Moonie1 on December 16th, 2013, 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » October 9th, 2013, 5:25 am

The Infinite Whelpling does a great job against the Eye and the Tonk, Tail Sweep the Eye, and Heal the right time, so that the Whelpling starts with Dragon Racial against the tonk. Early Advantage then does around 1600 damage the first round. Pair him with any speedy Mech (the Bunny, a Rocket Bot (ss )or Raptor (ss) and a lvlpet and it should do ok, for safety simply add a Karazhan Imp (ss) instead of any lvlpet.

Stormrow
Pet Score:9203
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Stormrow » October 9th, 2013, 9:12 am

I use virtually the same team as you but dont use the 3rd attack of the fel flame until the monkey. I use a dragonkin against the eye tho. RNG plays a part :)

Good luck