Spirit Tamer Leveling *Recon*

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Beesknees
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Malygos-us
Spirit Tamer Leveling *Recon*

Post by Beesknees » October 8th, 2013, 8:46 am

So I finally finished the chain of quests, got my Safari hat (on every toon surprisingly) and the Singing Cricket.

I remembered reading that you could re-battle the Spirit Tamers but then someone said it was a bug that got fixed.

Correction: As you are doing the quest you can battle the same tamer over and over. I liked the Fire one the best and just kept doing it until I had to log out. Later when finishing the quest, I was able to go back and do each tamer as a daily but not over and over.

Conclusion: If you're doing the Spirit Tamer quest, grind on it. I got about 8 of my pets leveled up (this was before I was in possession of my new stylish Safari Hat) which really helped me get the Singing Cricket. Take a bunch of bandages, and stand there until you've left a groove in that spot. Pick your favorite, do it over and over, save Thundering for last because he's a flatulating turdburglar.
:D

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Re: Spirit Tamer Leveling *Recon*

Post by Kendrah » October 8th, 2013, 10:58 am

Conclusion: If you're doing the Spirit Tamer quest, grind on it. I got about 8 of my pets leveled up (this was before I was in possession of my new stylish Safari Hat) which really helped me get the Singing Cricket. Take a bunch of bandages, and stand there until you've left a groove in that spot. Pick your favorite, do it over and over, save Thundering for last because he's a flatulating turdburglar.
Nah. It's not worth it. Just finish the quest. Each of those spirits become a trainer in their own right however, they give you shards and valor, plus spirit pet supplies. You need to defeat them so that you can get the fabled quest. When you defeated the fabled quest, you open those three dailies which give you around one lesser pet charm (25% more pet exp for an hour) each.

You can easily level a good four to six in less than an hour with all those dailies plus you get a whole ton of all the rest (money, pets from the bags, etc.) I think initially it seems awesome to do it like this but I think you come out ahead by going the daily route.

Thundering, btw, is easy with an s/s rabbit and son of animus. You can easily put a carry pet on that battle.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 10th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Beesknees wrote:Conclusion: If you're doing the Spirit Tamer quest, grind on it. [...] Pick your favorite, do it over and over, save Thundering for last because he's a flatulating turdburglar.
I've gotta echo Kendrah. Just beat em and move on.

Go check out [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3871]my post[/url], if you haven't.

I've got working strategies for all the pandaria tamers, and the celestial fight. You can easily level 2 pets a day with the Pandaria tamers, and 3 wild fights (maybe 4 if you get a string of 23's).

Though I should post the slight re-work of the aki fight so you can take a level 1 through it. :oops:

Alterately, any of the myriad other posts with strats if what I posted isn't to your liking. :D

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 11th, 2013, 6:03 am

The air spirit might be worth keeping up for a bit. It's a nice fight for getting all those level 1 pets you plan to level up some day to a decent level. With the hat and a pet treat, each pet will get to about level 15 after just one battle. That's pretty handy.

Don't bother doing it for more than a day or two, though, as you lose out on all the pets/stones/treats you'd get from the daily bags. The treats in particular will be more useful in the long run; it's possible to get treats from other sources (weekly PvP quest, celestial coins), but the spirit tamer dailies will provide you with an endless supply of lesser pet treats. I never fight anything anymore without at least a +25% XP buff.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 11th, 2013, 11:26 am

Sanzul wrote:the spirit tamer dailies will provide you with an endless supply of lesser pet treats. I never fight anything anymore without at least a +25% XP buff.
I don't think I've gotten a single pet treat from them. I do 3 of them every day (often skip Thundering because.. well, because). I get my pet treats from doing the Beasts of Fable II daily.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 11th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Anasa wrote:
Sanzul wrote:the spirit tamer dailies will provide you with an endless supply of lesser pet treats. I never fight anything anymore without at least a +25% XP buff.
I don't think I've gotten a single pet treat from them. I do 3 of them every day (often skip Thundering because.. well, because). I get my pet treats from doing the Beasts of Fable II daily.
Anasa is correct - each of the 3 Beasts of Fable daily quests gets you 1 +25% XP pet treat (always) and a chance for a Spirit or Panda pet, a battle stone, and not sure if any of the regular pet bag stuff (not remembering). The Tamer bags do not give XP treats, they give things like size halving and doubling, pet bandages, pet leashes, rusty cages, etc. and a chance for a battle stone of one sort or other.