Nishi buffed in 5.4?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us
Nishi buffed in 5.4?

Post by Breehit » September 28th, 2013, 10:00 am

Since 5.4, Farmer Nishi is not an easy tamer (she used to be my carry pet leveling tamer). Her sunflower keeps healing and even my P/P crab can't win. What pets and strategies have folks used for Nishi after 5.4? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Nishi buffed in 5.4?

Post by Luciandk » September 28th, 2013, 10:30 am

Xu-fu rips Nishi a new one as long he doesnt miss. But Ive had him solo the whole team.

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 28th, 2013, 10:39 am

Breehit wrote:Since 5.4, Farmer Nishi is not an easy tamer (she used to be my carry pet leveling tamer). Her sunflower keeps healing and even my P/P crab can't win. What pets and strategies have folks used for Nishi after 5.4? Any help will be very much appreciated.
I've been using the same old team of Eternal Strider and Tonk with the caveat that my carry pet (all of my carry pets are currently 20+ so that may not help you) have a 1 Round immune ability. I start the with the carry pet, who uses the ability in either the 2nd or 3rd round depending on who's faster. After the dodge, I swap, change weather, Pump 2x, jet once to finish, jet to start the next pet and continue on as normal.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 28th, 2013, 11:05 am

Pandaren Water Spirit (111) can beat both elementals quite easily, especially if you start with a carry pet that has a weather spell. The sunflower always starts with Sunlight -> Photosynthesis -> Solar Beam. Carry pet starts the first round, switch to the spirit on the second, and dive to avoid the third.

I use my Darkmoon Tonk as my third pet, swapping it in as the turnip is about to die, laying out a minefield, finishing off the turnip, then blasting Nishu's beast with Ion Cannon as soon as it enters combat. That combined with the minefield should kill it before it can really do anything.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 28th, 2013, 1:37 pm

Mystik_sok wrote:I've been using the same old team of Eternal Strider and Tonk with the caveat that my carry pet (all of my carry pets are currently 20+ so that may not help you) have a 1 Round immune ability. I start the with the carry pet, who uses the ability in either the 2nd or 3rd round depending on who's faster. After the dodge, I swap, change weather, Pump 2x, jet once to finish, jet to start the next pet and continue on as normal.
I have a pretty similar strat. Carry pet goes first, then swap to my P/S Eternal Strider. Strider uses Cleansing Rain, then Pump x 2 and Jet. Changing the weather is key because it removes the damage bonus from Solar Beam as well as increases your strider's attack. If RNG is with you the strider will solo the fight, if not pretty much any hard hitting mechanical will take out the grub at the end.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » September 28th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Mystik_sok wrote:I've been using the same old team of Eternal Strider and Tonk with the caveat that my carry pet (all of my carry pets are currently 20+ so that may not help you) have a 1 Round immune ability.
same here with the 20+... i forget how much flower's sunlight hits backline pets for, but if you switch in carry pet when turnip goes underground, carry pet only has to have hp to take sunlight hit and 2 sons of turnip hits, which if i remember right are 75 x 2 on a critter. i always save critter carry pets for nishi and fire spirit tamer, since critters take less elemental damage.

other than that, i still use the old nishi standby of Eternal Strider 305 speed even tho it doesn't work as well as it used to. pterrordax as a backup. for flower i pump/pump then heal (didn't used to have to heal til turnip). then pump/pump dead flower, for turnip, heal when it is off cd, switch to carry critter for one round.

strider/pterror i use also for zusshi and dread wastes tamer.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Corleggy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2888
BattleTag®:roquefort#1377
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Corleggy » September 28th, 2013, 5:03 pm

My team hasn't changed, I don't know if it's ideal but never had any issue from the first week I did it on so never changed it lol.

Slot 1 carry pet, hit once then swap to #2.
Slot 2 Purple Puffer, just whirlpool healing wave and water jet your way to victory.
Slot 3 Magical Crawdad with shell/wish, most of the time he's not needed but he cleans up and never dies.

Ofire
Top Rater
Pet Score:4032
BattleTag®:Fire#1916
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Ofire » September 28th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Strat taken from my own personal guide. Wins every time as long as your carry pet has around 300hp to take the first hit. The (#,#,#) is the moveset the pets use.

Farmer Nishi
1: Carry pet
2: Anubisath Idol (1,1,1)
3: Emerald Proto-Whelp (2,2,1)

vs Siren
- Attack with your Carry pet > switch to Anubisath Idol
- Deflection > Sandstorm > Crush > Crush > Deflection > Crush > Crush > Sandstorm > Crush > Deflection > Crush > Crush > Crush > Sandstorm
vs Toothbreaker
- Sandstorm > wait until Toothbreaker is back > Deflection
- From here on, cast Deflection when Toothbreaker has Leech Seed off cooldown, recast Sandstorm when Tooth will go underground, Crush as a filler
vs Brood of Mothran
- Sandstorm on cd > deflect the first burrow > Crush as filler > Deflection his healing move > Refresh Sandstorm on the move he dives (if you do not have the poison dot, he will refresh it on you before he casts his heal move, so do not waste your Deflection) Switch to Emerald Proto-Whelp if Anubisath dies
- Proto-Strike > Emerald Presence
- From here on, cast Proto-Strike when off cooldown, recast Emerald Presence when there is 1-turn left on your buff, Emerald Bite as a filler

Ruta
MVP
Pet Score:11756
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Ruta » September 29th, 2013, 1:30 pm

I was initially phased by the changes to Siren but quickly hit on a team that simply works day in day out as I burn around Pandaria doing the trainers, Beasts of Fable and Spirit Tamers.

- Arctic Foxling Kit [Howl] / Emerald Turtle / Lil’ Smoky

The Foxling's [Howl] simply destroys Siren. Simple easy to acquire pet's, guaranteed victory.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » September 29th, 2013, 6:29 pm

Ruta wrote:- Arctic Foxling Kit [Howl] / Emerald Turtle / Lil’ Smoky
Most folks are going to want a carry pet in there to level.

I find a speedy pet, like an Aqua Strider, with Pump and Cleansing Rain can take out the sunflower always and usually takes the turnip to half or more. Clean up with a Crow, or any non-humanoid with an evasion for the burrow. I haven't tried a mech, since the turnip could still have some life left when I get to my 3rd pet.

Mottomoot
MVP
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mottomoot » October 3rd, 2013, 12:10 am

Here is a weird one;

Qiraji Guardling Cast Sandstorm and Hit, until done
Magical Crawdad...don't need it, but have in fight anyway.
Darkmoon Tonk..rocket then Nuke.

Q. Guardling...Takes out Sunflower and T. Ternip. Cast SandStorm and keep it up, when "Son of the Root" is cast, Q. Guardling only takes 4 hits per little ternup. Love that little Qiraji Guardling.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 4th, 2013, 5:22 pm

I've gotten into the habit of saving carry pets with non-sunny weather effects for Nishi. While it's perfectly possible to beat him during sunshine, it's much faster, easier and more reliable in any other weather. There's bound to always be some pet you want to level that has a weather spell, so just save it for Nishi.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 4th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Sanzul wrote:I've gotten into the habit of saving carry pets with non-sunny weather effects for Nishi. While it's perfectly possible to beat him during sunshine, it's much faster, easier and more reliable in any other weather. There's bound to always be some pet you want to level that has a weather spell, so just save it for Nishi.
That's why I lead this fight with Eternal Strider now and swap in the carry sometime later on the Beast. Usually the Strider will take down both elementals, while also doing a little healing to mitigate the backline damage.