Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Feathered
Top Rater
Pet Score:5098
BattleTag®:Maleika#1571
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Feathered » October 5th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Just a question. Why isnt my profile info showing up the way I typed it in? There used to be helpful tips as to how to add bold/italics and such and I cant seem to find that. Ive got spaces in my profile and yet its all showing up as one long sentance. I used to have some words in bold and that isnt showing up either.

I dont know what Im doing wrong O.o Please help :) Thank you in advance.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Profile

Post by Breanni » October 6th, 2012, 6:20 am

We have a new editing UI that includes a WYSIWYG editor for things like your comments and bio. This was a change that occurred when we launched our new site a couple weeks ago.

If any comments or your bio are no longer showing properly, the easy fix is to simply edit them, check the spacing, and save. Oftentimes you won't even need to actually change anything -- resaving may be enough to restore it's original appearance.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » October 6th, 2012, 5:09 pm

Breanni wrote:We have a new editing UI that includes a WYSIWYG editor for things like your comments and bio. This was a change that occurred when we launched our new site a couple weeks ago.

If any comments or your bio are no longer showing properly, the easy fix is to simply edit them, check the spacing, and save. Oftentimes you won't even need to actually change anything -- resaving may be enough to restore it's original appearance.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

I am having problems. Thats why Im asking for help. My profile is not showing the spaces that Im putting in or content that was bold before. Resaving it did not work and editing it didnt either, hence my asking here. So yes I need help. I have no idea what a WYSIWYG editor is.....Im not computer friendly that way.... :(

EDIT: A friend helped me with the spacing issue but Im still stumped on how to bold text. Im sad that I cant find a help page for this on site like there used to be.

EDIT: Ok, so above mentioned friend helped me figure out the bold issue...but how do I make it so I can put in a pet name as a link button? There really needs to be a help page for this coding :(

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 6th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Feathered wrote:EDIT: A friend helped me with the spacing issue but Im still stumped on how to bold text. Im sad that I cant find a help page for this on site like there used to be.

EDIT: Ok, so above mentioned friend helped me figure out the bold issue...but how do I make it so I can put in a pet name as a link button? There really needs to be a help page for this coding :(
To link a pet, click the Sprite Darter Hatchling icon (next to the Wowhead red rocket icon). A new window should pop up. Type in the name of the pet and press "update". It will enter a pet link into your comment.

Feel free to play around with the buttons at the top of the comment field. These features are new but make it a lot easier since they do most of the work for you. There's even a spellcheck! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » October 13th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Quintessence wrote:To link a pet, click the Sprite Darter Hatchling icon (next to the Wowhead red rocket icon). A new window should pop up. Type in the name of the pet and press "update". It will enter a pet link into your comment.

Feel free to play around with the buttons at the top of the comment field. These features are new but make it a lot easier since they do most of the work for you. There's even a spellcheck! :)

That sounds like it would be fun but no buttons appear up top when I go to change my profile info...this apparently is the main issue. O.o

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 13th, 2012, 3:25 pm

I'm seeing the comments toolbar in both Explorer and Firefox, although it took a moment to load in Explorer (and I briefly saw the html code for the paragraph break before the bar loaded). It might be nice to still have a few mark-up tips even with the new toolbar. Feathered, what browser are you using? And do you have the newest version of your browser?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » October 15th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Lysi wrote:I'm seeing the comments toolbar in both Explorer and Firefox, although it took a moment to load in Explorer (and I briefly saw the html code for the paragraph break before the bar loaded). It might be nice to still have a few mark-up tips even with the new toolbar. Feathered, what browser are you using? And do you have the newest version of your browser?
I use Firefox and yes. it does automatic updates but still no buttons when dealing with my profile O.o

EDIT: There we go! Finally! I has buttons :D

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 16th, 2012, 10:47 am

Feathered wrote:EDIT: There we go! Finally! I has buttons :D
Alright! That's what I like to hear!

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » October 20th, 2012, 6:05 pm

Breanni wrote:
Feathered wrote:EDIT: There we go! Finally! I has buttons :D
Alright! That's what I like to hear!

And everything is gone again :(

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » December 16th, 2012, 4:20 pm

Im STILL having major issues with updating my profile. I'd say 95% of the time that bar thats supposed to show up doesn't! This is getting majorly frustrating......and yes, I am always using the same computer.....and yes rarely it does work as it's supposed to.....and refreshing the page doesn't work.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » December 18th, 2012, 2:35 am

This is really more of a stab in the dark, but do you have any script blockers, such as NoScript running?
If so, you could check that you're allowing all the necessary sites.
Just a thought ...

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » December 20th, 2012, 11:02 am

Feathered wrote:Im STILL having major issues with updating my profile. I'd say 95% of the time that bar thats supposed to show up doesn't! This is getting majorly frustrating......and yes, I am always using the same computer.....and yes rarely it does work as it's supposed to.....and refreshing the page doesn't work.
I know how frustrating this must be for you. We've looked into it on our end and still have no answer as to why this is happening. But no one else has reported this problem, which leads me to believe it is most likely something on your end.

Try installing Google Chrome and see if the problem occurs in that browser as well. You also might try temporarily disabling your antivirus suite, just in case something in that could be blocking the script. Let us know what happens when you try those steps.

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » December 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm

Breanni wrote:
Feathered wrote:Im STILL having major issues with updating my profile. I'd say 95% of the time that bar thats supposed to show up doesn't! This is getting majorly frustrating......and yes, I am always using the same computer.....and yes rarely it does work as it's supposed to.....and refreshing the page doesn't work.
I know how frustrating this must be for you. We've looked into it on our end and still have no answer as to why this is happening. But no one else has reported this problem, which leads me to believe it is most likely something on your end.

Try installing Google Chrome and see if the problem occurs in that browser as well. You also might try temporarily disabling your antivirus suite, just in case something in that could be blocking the script. Let us know what happens when you try those steps.
I would love to...but this is a work computer and only our IT people are allowed to do such things *sighs* and like I said, sometimes it does work....thats what makes this all so frustrating. Oh well, guess I'm SOL....