Best Healer Pet

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gradivus
Top Rater
Pet Score:1632
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Best Healer Pet

Post by Gradivus » October 16th, 2012, 8:59 am

Hello all, I am a new comer to the forums and have a bit of a question. I am currently trying to set up a good solid team.

Currently the only Team member I am not willing to part with is my Grunty as, well... I just love him.
But what I do need replaced is my Celestial Dragon I loved this pet at first, But it just seems to be way underpowered imo. The single heal is very useful and powerful, but his team heals are really slack and not really useful at all, And his damaging skill are lacking in any real power.

Basically I am interested on what you guys think would be a good replacement healer for this pet?

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Best Healer Pet

Post by Renmiri » October 16th, 2012, 9:53 am

Celestial Dragon only self heals so is not really a healer. sure it gives a buff to HP but without a real healer you can't take advantage of it.
There are several good healers.
crabs - shell shield and renewing mists can heal for 3 turns and will survive long enough to heal your other pets on the next turn
Lashers - 5 turns heals but a bit "squishy", they might not survive long.
Fawn - Tranquility is only a 2 turn heal but heals good, and then they have "bleat" which heals inactive pets. Get a fast one so you can keep them alive.

A combo of crab and fawn or crab / lasher can be unbeatable. getting both tranquility and renewing mists up for 2 turns heals a pet much faster than most damage can hurt them.

Gradivus
Top Rater

Post by Gradivus » October 16th, 2012, 10:08 am

Celestial Dragon's Starfall spell (lvl 20) heals all party and damages all enemy. But like stated I find it underpowered (currently lvl 22 and heals for 40-60)

I will check out the others you mentioned and see what works best, The crab seems the most interesting as its survivability and decent heal

The fawn also seems like a really decent healer, Shame there aren't any skins that really stand out.

Saxifrage
Pet Score:2643
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Saxifrage » October 16th, 2012, 11:02 am

Gradivus wrote:The fawn also seems like a really decent healer, Shame there aren't any skins that really stand out.
Dude, Gazelle Fawn is one of the most strikingly beautiful pets in the game. They're all over Mulgore.

Renmiri
Pet Score:2726
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Renmiri » October 16th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Saxifrage wrote:
Gradivus wrote:The fawn also seems like a really decent healer, Shame there aren't any skins that really stand out.
Dude, Gazelle Fawn is one of the most strikingly beautiful pets in the game. They're all over Mulgore.
Giraffe calf is also fawn type :roll:

Oh forgot to say.. Fawns, at least mine which has 305 speed, are pratically immune to stun and frog kisses :D

Gradivus
Top Rater

Post by Gradivus » October 16th, 2012, 10:29 pm

The Giraffe Calf I can definately settle with, I like that skin, odd that a Giraffe falls under Fawn lol.

Thanks for the tips.

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » October 17th, 2012, 2:23 am

Magical Crawdad is THE HEALER hands down

Healing 150 / turn and 1200 every 4 turns is unbeateable