Vengeful Porcs.. get them now

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us
Vengeful Porcs.. get them now

Post by Azrile » September 20th, 2013, 9:52 pm

In my opinion, these are going to be very rare, very soon.

For those that don´t know. These are pets that are bought for bloody coins you get for giving a killing blow to another player after using the censor and flagging yourself for pvp against both factions. It is important to note that it requires the killing blow, not just an HK. Because of this, if a group of 5 friends goes ganking together, only one will get a bloody coin per kill. Also, once you are killed, you get a 10 minute debuff that means if you are killed again, the person who kills you does not get a coin. This drastically eliminates friends helping friends cheat the system.

The reason these are going to become more rare is for two reasons. First, at launch, there were two massive exploits that were quickly fixed. The first is that when holy priests were killed, they did the angel thing, and then when they rezzed, they did not have the 10 minute debuff. This allowed people to cheat by repeatedly killing priest friends. The other exploit was that killing shaman totems awarded bloody coins. Both of these were fixed, which will drastically reduce the amount of bloody coins players can get.

In order to buy a vengeful procupette requires 100 Killing blows, that is a lot. As the island´s population shrinks over the next few month..and players become more aware of flagging acccidently.. it is just going to be a pain to get bloody coins, and then there is no guarantee the people with them will spend them on the procuppettes and actually sell them. A lot of people will save them for the mount.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Vengeful Porcs.. get them now

Post by Quintessence » September 21st, 2013, 2:37 am

Ugh, you have to get the killing blow? I guess I won't be seeing this pet for a while. I play primarily as a healer, and although I do have a DPS off spec, I'm in no position to PVP as DPS. It would just be me clumsily trying to snipe kills.

It's still possible to have one friend help you gather the 100 coins, but it would take upwards of 17+ hours to collect them all (5-6 coins per hour). If your friend has other alts, it might also be possible to have him/her log onto them so you can kill their alts too. Talk about tedious, though. =\
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 21st, 2013, 9:20 am

Quintessence wrote:Ugh, you have to get the killing blow? I guess I won't be seeing this pet for a while. I play primarily as a healer, and although I do have a DPS off spec, I'm in no position to PVP as DPS. It would just be me clumsily trying to snipe kills.
This is exactly my problem too! I'm a healer and I have a full set of healing pvp gear. However my dps skills and gear are bad, really bad.

This seems incredibly unfair to healers. A lot of us have very limited experience and gear for dps specs which makes this near on impossible.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » September 21st, 2013, 9:31 am

Wow ... I had no idea. Now I'm wondering if that guildie knew and just used me for their own ends when they asked for a healer to tag along to the coin farming :(

Azrile

Post by Azrile » September 21st, 2013, 10:04 am

yeah, it greatly favors rogues and feral druids who can just stay stealthed and then pounce on someone who is almost dead.

I couldn´t figure out how people were getting the mount already ( 500 coins) so I did some research and found out about the priest and totems exploits, but they had already been hotfixed.

I bought the only 2 vengefuls that were listed on Illidian ( 10k and 12k). One I am going to keep, and one I listed for 95k. (no intention of actually getting a buyer). But my plan is to just get the price up over 20k, and then sell the second one which basically means I got ´mine´for free. I really don´t see many of these ever making it to the AH over the next few weeks. 100 Killing blows is a lot and I see less and less people even flagged.

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » September 21st, 2013, 11:13 am

don't forget the Hunter snake trap exploit too. Coins for every snake you killed... /sigh.

Bastianelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:12332
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Bastianelle » September 21st, 2013, 11:46 am

Wow, that's sad. I hate doing pvp in any form. I stalled on my Wrathion quest line for almost two months just because I really didn't want to do those two battle grounds. I only slogged through on my hunter because of the rare on the Isle. I only do pet pvp because I want the Direhorn, but trying to get the kb against a bunch of other people in "world" pvp? No thanks. I hope they change something about this pet to make it a little easier to get.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » September 21st, 2013, 1:19 pm

If I have another account under the same battlenet account could I park an alt over on the isle to kill for the coins?

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » September 21st, 2013, 1:42 pm

Chalked it up as one I won't acquire. Bleh.

Etta
Pet Score:10819
BattleTag®:Etta#1150
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Etta » September 21st, 2013, 2:39 pm

I'm a holy priest and I have no idea how I am ever going to get one. If you do have one you would be willing to trade I'll give you my Crawling Claw and I would love you.

Azrile

Post by Azrile » September 21st, 2013, 11:30 pm

Killerkarl wrote:If I have another account under the same battlenet account could I park an alt over on the isle to kill for the coins?
The character killed gets a debuff so they can´t give another coin for 10 mins.

I hate this, because the exploiters are the only ones going to get the mount and pet. I am friends with some pretty heavy pvp players, and they said the drop rate for getting coins is abysmally low.. it is just so hard to get a killing blow in world pvp with so many elite mobs around.

it is the reason I started this thread. If you see one on your AH below 10k.. grab it.. because this is going to be a 100k pet very soon.

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » September 22nd, 2013, 1:39 am

The solution is pretty simple, find a friend who is also looking to make this pet and trade kills. Since there is a 10 minute cooldown on getting coins on someone, you should also hunt pets at the same time. 10 minutes per coin means over 16 hours of fun! I don't recommend doing it one sitting... but over a week you might be able to trade enough kills for it.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » September 22nd, 2013, 2:37 am

Ugh! That is even worse than I thought it would be. Unless I can find one on the AH in my price range, I doubt I will ever get this pet.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » September 22nd, 2013, 3:57 am

Just picked one up for 10k :) Might see if I can spot another, sit on it for a while >:)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 22nd, 2013, 12:34 pm

Siegurd333 wrote:The solution is pretty simple, find a friend who is also looking to make this pet and trade kills. Since there is a 10 minute cooldown on getting coins on someone, you should also hunt pets at the same time. 10 minutes per coin means over 16 hours of fun! I don't recommend doing it one sitting... but over a week you might be able to trade enough kills for it.
Yeah I'm thinking of proposing a deal with someone to do just that, where I farm the mount and the other person farms the pet (and sells me one). I know Bliz frowns upon this but honestly there's no other way for non-PVP folks to get the mount. It'll be time consuming but I'm patient, so I think that would work out in the long run.

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » September 22nd, 2013, 4:55 pm

Peanutty wrote:
Siegurd333 wrote:The solution is pretty simple, find a friend who is also looking to make this pet and trade kills. Since there is a 10 minute cooldown on getting coins on someone, you should also hunt pets at the same time. 10 minutes per coin means over 16 hours of fun! I don't recommend doing it one sitting... but over a week you might be able to trade enough kills for it.
Yeah I'm thinking of proposing a deal with someone to do just that, where I farm the mount and the other person farms the pet (and sells me one). I know Bliz frowns upon this but honestly there's no other way for non-PVP folks to get the mount. It'll be time consuming but I'm patient, so I think that would work out in the long run.

Well I honestly don't think they care. I did this same deal with the Nagarand mounts.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 22nd, 2013, 5:03 pm

Siegurd333 wrote:
Peanutty wrote:

Well I honestly don't think they care. I did this same deal with the Nagarand mounts.
They won't interfere as long as you don't post asking for kill trades on the battlenet forums, for example. They'll take down those sorts of posts. Other than that it's pretty much free for all, and certainly there seems to be some interest among my guildmates to trade kills.

I did the same for the Halaa mount, as by the time I decided to do it Halaa was a ghost town. Got a friend to get his mirror guild in on the action and we farmed up enough credits in a few sessions for everyone to get their mounts. :) Thankfully there was no downtime on that.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 23rd, 2013, 8:20 am

Siegurd333 wrote:
Peanutty wrote:

This is my plan too. And I also did this to get the Nagrand mounts. My BF has a high level hordie so we'll just have to slog it out that way to get the vengeful. With the 10 min debuff, doing it while watching TV in the evenings might not be too painful.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Mystik_sok
Pet Score:10833
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mystik_sok » September 23rd, 2013, 9:58 pm

i got two accounts so I've parked a couple alts on a peak with my main and I kill one of them every 10 minutes while doing pet battles on my mains account. It will take a couple weeks at least, but pet battles are a journey not a race, and honestly, collecting all the 5.4 pets isn't my current goal, which is to level all my rares to 25.

Peanutty

Post by Peanutty » September 24th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Well I started doing this (and I saw others doing the same - was tempted to kill their sacrificial toon until I realized what they were doing) so yes it'll be time consuming as heck, but considering it'll take me 2 months to get the engineer mount and both pets, this really can be done in about the same period of time. If I think of it that way (and get 10 coins a day) I can do it!