Lack of Mechs?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mairin
Top Rater
Pet Score:3202
Realm:Blade's Edge-us
Lack of Mechs?

Post by Mairin » October 14th, 2012, 5:13 pm

I'm currently half-heartedly working on levelling my darkmoon tonk and clockwork gnome but it struck me that there is a definate lack of high level mechanical pets. I think 16ish is about the highest I'm aware of, which although better than 1, there's at least 22s available for most (if not all) other families.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: Lack of Mechs?

Post by Misstic » October 15th, 2012, 1:09 am

Some of the Pet Battle Tamers use them. The Gnome is so awesome, he is my top choice so far.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » October 15th, 2012, 11:03 am

I love that the Gnome's turrets can hit both Flying and Burrowed pets.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 15th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Most of the mechanical pets I have seem to be engineer made... which means those are never rare ones and always start off at level 1. Since I prefer to use rare pets in pet battles, this cuts the number of mechanical pets that I can use drastically.

Of wild caught mechanical pets, the highest level rare that I have caught was my Rabid Nut Varmint 5000... which was a second pet from a fight in Winterspring. I am still trying to get rares of some of my other wild caught mechanical pets. I was fortunate the other day to get a rare Tiny Harvester.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 16th, 2012, 12:56 pm

Maizing wrote:Most of the mechanical pets I have seem to be engineer made... which means those are never rare ones and always start off at level 1. Since I prefer to use rare pets in pet battles, this cuts the number of mechanical pets that I can use drastically.
They are a bit limited, but there are several. The Clockwork Gnome is probably the easiest to get. The Darkmoon Tonk and the Darkmoon Zeppelin are also rare but require a little more time. The CCG provides the Robot Chicken and Landro's Lil' XT (yes, many people wouldn't go for those; though the XT can usually be had very cheap). There's also the pet store version of Lil' XT.

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » October 16th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Maizing wrote:Most of the mechanical pets I have seem to be engineer made... which means those are never rare ones and always start off at level 1. Since I prefer to use rare pets in pet battles, this cuts the number of mechanical pets that I can use drastically.
They are a bit limited, but there are several. The Clockwork Gnome is probably the easiest to get. The Darkmoon Tonk and the Darkmoon Zeppelin are also rare but require a little more time. The CCG provides the Robot Chicken and Landro's Lil' XT (yes, many people wouldn't go for those; though the XT can usually be had very cheap). There's also the pet store version of Lil' XT.
I think they mean there are not many high level(18+) wild mechanical pets. It does seem once you hit the expansion areas there aren't any mechanical pets to capture. You'd think they'd put something in Borean Tundra or Storm Peaks in the Mech areas.