Your top 5 battle pets!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Foobles
Pet Score:4403
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Your top 5 battle pets!

Post by Foobles » September 18th, 2013, 9:35 am

I'm curious as to what pets everyone would place in their top 5. Consider the top 5 your list of must-haves, can't-live-withouts, winners, etc. The most useful and powerful of the bunch in your eyes.

1) Chrominius
2) Emerald Proto-Whelp
3) Snarly
4) Zandalari Kneebiter(P/P)
5) Darkmoon Tonk

Pretty basic list imo. I've found all five of these extremely useful for many tamers/fables/celestial tourney. What about you guys?

Darrenaf1
Pet Score:2400
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Re: Your top 5 battle pets!

Post by Darrenaf1 » September 18th, 2013, 11:31 am

My absolute #1 pvp pet is my blighthawk. I drool when I see an Anubisath idol or Kun-lai runt on the other side.

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » September 19th, 2013, 2:04 pm

I haven't experimented too much yet, but thus far my favourite pets are...

1) Scalded Basilisk Hatchling
2) Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
3) Spectral Porcupette
4) Infected Squirrel
5) Blossoming Ancient

Should really get round to trying out the more popular pets :P

Siegurd333
Top Rater
Pet Score:4485
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Siegurd333 » September 19th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Lil'XT - Ulduar is my favourite raid, just love hearing shout "NO NO NO NO NONONO NO NO!!!" Pretty good finisher when farming lower level pets due to aoe attack. Can self heal to save you a trip to the stable master.

Onyxian Whelpling - One of the first I leveled, very powerful and carried me through a lot of the trainer fights.

Feline Familiar - This thing is a powerhouse. Prowl and Onyx Bite can 1 shot almost any bird, has a shield to block most dots and multi-hits. Can even heal itself with devour.

Chi-Chi - Matches my cloak and really stands out in a crowd. Haven't had much experience fighting with it yet, but it seams useful for setting up Wild Magic and then feign death to block an attack + swap in your next pet.

Rapana Whelk - This guy is a tank. Attack that heals himself, damage reduction shield, and a dive ability to avoid the big hits. I use him against many of the Pandaren Grand Masters.

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » October 7th, 2013, 1:24 am

As i don't do pvp much, my answers are for pve.

Anubisath Idol
Son of Animus
Rocket Chicken
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Spectral Porcupet

NoxCrucifix
Top Rater
Pet Score:7397
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by NoxCrucifix » October 7th, 2013, 1:59 am

If I had to pick just five? Juuust five? Well, in no particular order...

1. [pet]Flamering Moth[/pet]. Been doing a lot of pet battle farming lately in the Valley of the Four winds and this moth has become a staple in my farming team. That heal makes this moth worth its weight in gold to me.

2. [pet]Cogblade Raptor[/pet]. A lot of my trainer teams have this guy on them because he's pretty much invaluable against any beast-type pet.

3. [pet]Kun-Lai Runt[/pet]. He's also on a lot of my teams. He hits like a truck.

4. [pet]Landro's Lil' XT[/pet]. For nostalgia's sake, as he's one of the first pets I leveled. He's been useful in PvE as well and I love his emotes.

5. [pet]Nexus Whelpling[/pet]. This guys eats flying pets for breakfast. Also I am a sucker for dragon whelps :P

I don't have too many pets leveled up yet so these are just kinda off the top of my head.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » October 7th, 2013, 2:52 am

Hmm, my list is probably pretty simple compared to others, but I've always liked pets that are super straightforward to use:

1) Darkmoon Zeppelin - I just traded off my well worn, trusty zeppelin and immediately had to get another. Decoy has a long CD but it's fantastic if you're leveling up a low level pet and it also to buy some time to whittle down whatever beast you're facing.

2) Nordrassil Wisp (S/S) - I use this in three of my daily Pandaria tamer teams. Flash + Light is very useful against some tamer pets and the S/S outpaces almost everything except flyers.

3) Stunted Shardhorn (P/P) - Before there were direhorns, this was the pet I used to destroy critters. Slow but hits pretty darn hard, especially if you combine the beast racial with Trumpet Strike before using another attack. Even though I now have all the direhorns, I still like how simple the Shardhorn is to use.

4) Yellow Moth (P/P) - When in doubt, this guy is usually pretty good at knocking out whatever you're facing. In general I find moths very user friendly and like almost all their abilities.

5) Onyxian Whelpling (or any similarly slow dragon with Tail Sweep) - Combines a hard hitting ability (Tail Sweep) with a semi-dodge (Lift Off) and a heal (Healing Flame). Doesn't get much easier than that.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » October 7th, 2013, 8:28 am

1) Frosty - This little scourge of the Frozen Wastes is largely responsible for helping me pick up my Stunted Direhorn just recently. It is a terrific blend of Undead, Dragonkin and Elemental...and would serve just about any comp very well, IMO.

2) Murkablo - He was one of my original 3 lvl 25'ers. Also, very useful against Nairn, the Shademaster's brutal Kun-Lai Runt pet. This Blizzcon badboy could do decently in PvP, I think...but I'm gonna have to do some brainstorming to make it effective.

3) Blighthawk - Even if the opposing pet isn't Humanoid, this zombie of the skies will tear them apart anyway. It's even got a counter to Aquatic pets, and that makes it well worth saving a spot for on a PvP team, IMO.

4) Unborn Val'kyr - I enjoyed this pet before 5.4, and not much has changed about that. I do like that they modified Haunt, even though now it's pretty much an easy-win button 75% of the time. I use it on my Howlbomb team with the Water Spirit and Chrominius to take down most Legendaries, including Chi-Chi.

5) Wolpertinger - Last but certainly not least...this little guy could lock down even the biggest and baddest tanks/maulers pre-5.4. It still fares very well on my Stun Squad, I just gotta be careful about the Resilience buff. Oh, forgot to mention, he's my favorite pet of all-time and one of the very first I was able to get my hands on.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » October 7th, 2013, 5:28 pm

My battle MVPs are (PVE):

1) [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] - I think he's arguably the best pet in the game. He can grind it out against almost anything.

2) [pet]Flayer Youngling[/pet] - Combination of near-guaranteed stun, avoidance, and decent Humanoid attack makes him also able to solo most anything.

3) [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] - Slowly overtaking the Anubisath in a lot of my teams.

4) [pet]Emerald Proto-whelp[/pet] Just keeps going, and going, and going..

5) [pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] - My favorite mech in battle. Make it Rain + Inflation feels like cheating

My favorites for other reasons:

1) [pet]Mini Diablo[/pet] - the first pet I ever had.

2) [pet]White Tickbird Hatchling[/pet] - the pet I have out on most of my healers when in healing spec. "Healing is under the white bird" I like him because he flies higher than most flying pets, staying out of my way.

3) [pet]Chi-Chi, Hatchling of Chi-Ji[/pet] - because she's beautiful

4) [pet]Ruby Droplet[/pet] - because I like red

5) [pet]Son of Animus[/pet] - because... FINALLY.

Undeadgoat
Pet Score:2089
BattleTag®:undeadgoat#1254
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Undeadgoat » October 7th, 2013, 9:12 pm

My favorites of the moment:

1) [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet]--My first to level 25 and still a staple of my team!

2) [pet]Amber Moth[/pet] or [pet]Gilded Moth[/pet]--These guys can nearly solo any wild pet team. Even in Pandaria. SUPER tanky with the right moveset.

3) [pet]Nexus Whelpling[/pet]--A mage needs a blue dragon at her side to burn all the pretty birdies with purple fire.

4) [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet]--One of my latest acquisitions, I love his moves!

5) [pet]Anodized Robo-Cub[/pet]--Because reasons.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 8th, 2013, 5:37 am

[pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] because it murders fliers, and pretty much everything else too. [ability]Emerald Presence[/ability] makes it effectively immune to most variants of Stampede and most damage over time effects. Possibly the single most OP pet in the game right now.

[pet]Darkmoon Tank[/pet] because it can kill any beast in one round, which is handy on a lot of trainers. [ability]Minefield[/ability] and [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability] is a devastatingly effective combination. Great for carry teams and useful against legendary beasts too when used with [ability]Shock and Awe[/ability].

[pet]Gilnean Raven[/pet] because it kills anything aquatic and counters those obnoxious defensive pets. [ability]Darkness[/ability] and burst damage makes this thing cut through both tank and healer pets. The only downside is that it has no defensive options at all.

[pet]Imperial Moth[/pet] because it has the best move set among all moths, and those are very effective to begin with. [ability]Cyclone[/ability], [ability]Wild Winds[/ability], [ability]Cocoon Strike[/ability], [ability]Moth Dust[/ability] and [ability]Moth Balls[/ability] makes this a very versatile flier.

[pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet] because it has a versatile anti-elemental move set, and trainers have a lot of those. Whether you want a burst pet with [ability]Whirlpool[/ability] and [ability]Geyser[/ability] or a resilient pet with [ability]Healing Wave[/ability] and [ability]Dive[/ability], this pet can do the job. And it does it without that pesky air vulnerability that aquatic pets normally have (though at the cost of water vulnerability, which is a big handicap sometimes).

Beesknees
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Beesknees » October 8th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Adding only to what I haven't already seen.

I found a Crow(S/S) from the DMF and he's one fast bird. Spells the same is Gilnean Raven.

Rabid Nut Varmit 5000. I love this mechanical cutie.

Spring Rabbit- leveled from comments found here, this bugger is wicked fast and damn near impossible to see.

Duskwood Spiderling- (all spiders)- Brittle Webbing is awesome. It hurts them to hit you. Leech Life heals. End a battle with more health than you started with.

Darrenaf1
Pet Score:2400
Realm:Nordrassil-us

Post by Darrenaf1 » October 8th, 2013, 4:34 pm

I must add snarly. Undead attacks are weak against him so he deals we'll with the unborn Valks and destroys elementals which I see a lot of.

Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13669
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Truweildude » October 9th, 2013, 11:38 pm

My 5 most used are probably

1. PS Eternal Strider. So many panda tamers have elementals. Pump just decimates them.

2. PP Tiny Harvester. So many beasts have been felled at its hands. Overtune and Demolish make it a monster.

3. Darkmoon Tonk. I know, its what lots of others like, but Ion Cannon, 'nuff said.

4. Living Fluid. Its a PS slime, and slimes put those flyers in their place, the ground.

5. PS Crow, aquatic fabled beasts say what... death gurgles.. Alpha strike, darkness. Noct strike.

There are so many common and extremely useful pets, its hard to pick just 5.

Favorite mechs, 2 listed above, and Blue Rocket Bot PS breed.
Favorite Humanoids, Monk, Peddlefeet, Hopling.
Favorite magic. Oily Slime HP, Jade Ooze PP, Nord Wisp HS
Favorite aqua, PP Yellow Bull Frog, HP Toad, PS Biletoad
Flying, PP Yellow Moth, PB Raven, Dragonbone Hatchling PP
Beast, The PS Fox, PB Fox, PP Fjord Worg.
Dragonkin, PS Spawn Ony, Emerald Proto

Weegie
Pet Score:994
BattleTag®:weegie#1870
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Weegie » October 10th, 2013, 10:11 am

Pvp pets
1. Darkmoon tonk. Like others, minefield / ion cannon. Great pvp pet! I use it in all my teams.

2. Chunk. Strong moves, have to cunningly use blood in water in pvp though, since it's pretty counterable.

3. Mountain panda. Put it up against a mech type and they think they have you, but BOOM! Hit em with rock barrage, burrow. So evil

4. Giant bone spider. Have almost soloed pvp teams with this one.

5. Clockwork gnome. Op turret.

Lately I have been using double croc, tonk. Many people are using the new elementals, so I'm very successful lately :).

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » October 10th, 2013, 7:36 pm

companion wise:
hyacinth macaw
xufu
zao
lil rag
val'kyr

actual fighters:
val'kyr
xufu
pandaren monk
lil xt
emerald proto welp

my current pvp team that's been winning a lot is val'kyr/monk/xufu. xufu and the monk really dominate with that added dmg from haunt. my opponent almost always has one pet down and my three are almost undamaged. and for pet leveling, lil xt is too good for the early levels, then he still pulls through for the non-panda bag fights, while the emerald proto whelp can almost solo a few panda tamers making him excellent for later leveling.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » October 10th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Assuming you mean for battling, but even there my influence is cuteness. :roll:
Although, I'd have a different list if we were just going for adorable. :lol:

1. Wistala - Tiny Emerald Whelpling - My favorite companion pet, and my go to for pet battles. Cute as heck, and survivable with either dragon or magic attack.

2. Franz - Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - As an engineer and a fan of whelplings, this is a no brainer. Plus it's the best vs magic types.

3. Mini Tyrael - He's rockin' both on and off the battlefield.

4. Gu Gu - Panda Cub - He's got adorable and bear-bashing critter-smashing covered.

5. Tari - Stunted Direhorn - honestly, I didn't really have a good 5th slot, but this little cutie appears in at least one of my standard teams, so there ya go. 8)