My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Third pet against Yu'la?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 245
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 3393

Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Kendrah » September 16th, 2013, 11:52 pm

I beat the tourney and got my Xu-fu (I'm a true crazy cat lady now! =D! Yay!) I had a bit of a problem against Yu'la, though. The guides I tried weren't really helpful and I sort of stumbled my way through this.

I found Mei Li Sparkler to be strong against Yu'la, by virtue of Glowing Toxin (which isn't blocked via her shielding so it's a solid 24% of her HP gone, more if you can reapply it.) Anu came next and that got Yu'la down to under 200 but the third pet was a bit iffy and I was wondering if you could give me suggestions.

I've been lax in leveling up my humanoids. ^^; And spiders, apparently. Thanks for the suggestions. =)

User avatar
Se5s
 
Posts: 66
Joined: May 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 2171

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Se5s » September 17th, 2013, 12:17 am

i found yu'la to be the easiest. i use anub, kunlai runt, pandaren monk. i really just use anub for a little damage done, he usually does about 30%. then the runt will take yu'la to about 30-15% by itself. i use the p/p breed, auto stun/take down. then pandaren monk is faster than yu'la and takes her down without getting touched. hope this helps :)

User avatar
Pantherdraco90
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 3rd, 2013
Pet Score: 2336

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Pantherdraco90 » September 17th, 2013, 12:43 am

I read on wowhead where someone posted that gregarious grell was a great pet to use. I tried it and almost soloed Yu'la with him using punch, phase, cauterize. Just used punch , phase when she used lift off, cauterize when at 50% and kept it up till he died and my Panderen Monk one shot her for the kill. never used my 3rd pet which was the anub idlol.

User avatar
Yamum
 
Posts: 270
Joined: July 9th, 2013
Pet Score: 3516

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Yamum » September 17th, 2013, 12:58 am

Anything with Crush will do.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 245
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 3393

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Kendrah » September 17th, 2013, 9:26 am

Se5s wrote:i found yu'la to be the easiest. i use anub, kunlai runt, pandaren monk. i really just use anub for a little damage done, he usually does about 30%. then the runt will take yu'la to about 30-15% by itself. i use the p/p breed, auto stun/take down. then pandaren monk is faster than yu'la and takes her down without getting touched. hope this helps :)


I should get another Runt. I had Sully last week and so he died killing the rabbit. Anub is fine too. He works well. I used the Sparkler and Anub, and killed Yu'la just fine with them (pretty much.) I just find myself wanting a good third pet in case RNG hates me and all that.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 245
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 3393

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Kendrah » September 17th, 2013, 9:28 am

Pantherdraco90 wrote:I read on wowhead where someone posted that gregarious grell was a great pet to use. I tried it and almost soloed Yu'la with him using punch, phase, cauterize. Just used punch , phase when she used lift off, cauterize when at 50% and kept it up till he died and my Panderen Monk one shot her for the kill. never used my 3rd pet which was the anub idlol.


I'll throw him into the mix and try it out. I wish we could try strategies out without having to kill the three trainers before. I'm so lazy, I know. :lol:

User avatar
Luciandk
 
Posts: 911
Joined: February 12th, 2012
Pet Score: 3012

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Luciandk » September 17th, 2013, 10:41 am

With how patetically easy Yu'la is, you should easilly be able to use them to level a pet on!

User avatar
Arokonos
 
Posts: 2
Joined: December 8th, 2009
Pet Score: 2972

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Arokonos » September 17th, 2013, 11:31 am

a netherspace abyssal will work very well too, due to his passive

User avatar
Rivana
 
Posts: 30
Joined: January 3rd, 2013
Pet Score: 3147

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Rivana » September 17th, 2013, 11:44 am

There is a detailed post on wowhead by 'valupu' telling how Mr. Bigglesworth can solo Yu'la by using Ice Barrier and Ice Tomb to block most attacks:
Soloed with Mr. Bigglesworth using:

- Claw
- Ice Barrier
- Ice Tomb

Yu'la's attack sequence is:
- Emerald Presence
- Lift-Off
- Jade Breath
- Jade Breath
- Jade Breath

Rotation Used:
- Claw
- Ice tomb
- Ice Barrier
- PASS TURN
- Claw
- Claw
- Repeat (including the first claw)

User avatar
Skarn
Top Rater
 
Posts: 18
Joined: May 26th, 2011
Pet Score: 2974

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Skarn » September 17th, 2013, 12:39 pm

As mentioned, a Gregarious Grell is extremely strong against Yu'la. If you don't have one, a Feral Vermling does very well. Lil' Bad Wolf too.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 245
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 3393

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Kendrah » September 17th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Luciandk wrote:With how patetically easy Yu'la is, you should easilly be able to use them to level a pet on!


Yeah, I was wondering if that work too. I did try boosting on when doing Lil' Oon with the two pet strat but he hits way too hard so that kind of made me wonder if it would be possible in the tourney. i know you can use lower level pets but I was sort of rushing it to get the pet before today.

Skarn wrote:As mentioned, a Gregarious Grell is extremely strong against Yu'la. If you don't have one, a Feral Vermling does very well. Lil' Bad Wolf too.


I have them. I need to level them though. I tend to level the cute ones first. :oops:

Rivana wrote:There is a detailed post on wowhead by 'valupu' telling how Mr. Bigglesworth can solo Yu'la by using Ice Barrier and Ice Tomb to block most attacks:


I have to try that. Bigglesworth is such a cool pet. XD

User avatar
Mehetabel
Top Rater
 
Posts: 194
Joined: November 2nd, 2012
Pet Score: 3308

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Mehetabel » September 17th, 2013, 6:41 pm

Pantherdraco90 wrote:I read on wowhead where someone posted that gregarious grell was a great pet to use. I tried it and almost soloed Yu'la with him using punch, phase, cauterize. Just used punch , phase when she used lift off, cauterize when at 50% and kept it up till he died and my Panderen Monk one shot her for the kill. never used my 3rd pet which was the anub idlol.


Yup I managed to solo Yu'la with the Gregarious Grell and he was still at half health by the end. Totally failed on the others but at least I know I can kill her now lol :roll:

User avatar
Peanutty
 
Posts: 506
Joined: May 3rd, 2011
Pet Score: 3477

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Peanutty » September 17th, 2013, 6:49 pm

I used Bonkers to great effect against her. Tornado Punch when available, Dodge the Lift Off and Jab otherwise. He didn't solo her but took out about 75% of her health before I had to switch to my Anub Idol.

User avatar
Spary
 
Posts: 47
Joined: January 22nd, 2013
Pet Score: 3439

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Spary » September 18th, 2013, 2:11 am

Flayer (ss), Qiraj Guardling (ss) or Hopling all work very well against him, in fact: everything that is faster then him and has at least 1 defensive skill can really hurt him - so yes he is (by far) the easiest celestial.

User avatar
Kendrah
MVP
 
Posts: 245
Joined: June 26th, 2013
Pet Score: 3393

Re: Third pet against Yu'la?

Postby Kendrah » September 18th, 2013, 11:45 am

Spary wrote:Flayer (ss), Qiraj Guardling (ss) or Hopling all work very well against him, in fact: everything that is faster then him and has at least 1 defensive skill can really hurt him - so yes he is (by far) the easiest celestial.


Chichi is so much easier. XD


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Quintessence and 8 guests