Huh, it appears Haunt got fixed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Huh, it appears Haunt got fixed

Post by Luciandk » September 13th, 2013, 10:13 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9964586409

According to this thread, the Valkyr comes back to life when the Haunted pet dies.

Edit:
Tested it. Even with 2 rounds left on Haunt, the valkyr ressed instantly when the Haunted victim died.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Huh, it appears Haunt got fixed

Post by Poofah » September 13th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Ugh. The whole point of Haunt is an overpowered DoT with a built-in risk. If there's no risk, it's suddenly awfully good. Especially considering that it's also a free swap like Feign Death. If the Valk isn't at risk, then CoD+Haunt is a brutal opening, especially if you Haunt-swap into Fiendish Imp or whatever force-swap pet.

I suppose there's still risk in the opponent avoiding Haunt, in which case the Valk will stay dead, I assume?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 13th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Observation: If haunt is blocked, such as a moth using cocoon strike. The valkyr stays alive and Haunt does not go on cooldown.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » September 14th, 2013, 8:47 am

yes, Haunt is now a no-brainer, sadly. Essentially it can be used as a very powerful "feign death" ability now ... without CD ...

Warbeauty
Pet Score:3455
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Warbeauty » September 16th, 2013, 2:07 pm

what you mean to say is that Haunt got Sexy.

I used haunt and it didn't feign death my valk. It just put a really sweet dot on the opponent. Which is a mega upgrade from what it was imo. I hated Haunt until 5.4.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » September 16th, 2013, 4:08 pm

It's still pretty situational. Before it was an awful lot of risk (has to hit and enemy has to live four rounds or your pet dies) for a fairly minor reward. It's arguably a bit too good now, but it was too random before.

Iskren
Pet Score:1885
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Iskren » September 19th, 2013, 6:39 pm

I am going to tell you that i have around 1900 pvp wins and Valk is rly high on my top 3 pets list atm ..i think i said enough ;D .Opening with 1200 dmg dot + free swap when needed IF needed its rly really REALLY strong move set and u can repeat that 2 or even 3 times(3 doom + 3 haunt yea thats right lol!).