PSA: get a P/P Qiraji Guardling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
PSA: get a P/P Qiraji Guardling

Post by Poofah » September 13th, 2013, 10:13 am

Guardlings are only up for another two weeks, and it will be extremely useful against one of the upcoming Celestial Tournament tamers.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: PSA: get a P/P Qiraji Guardling

Post by Luciandk » September 13th, 2013, 10:20 am

which tamer?

Kaputt
Pet Score:2856
BattleTag®:kaputt#1861
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Kaputt » September 13th, 2013, 10:41 am

why is the P/P breed best for Qiraji Guardling?

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » September 13th, 2013, 10:41 am

Got mine on the weekend. Still need to stone it and I'd like to get a S/S one too. But there are just so many breeds for that guy.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » September 13th, 2013, 11:27 am

So yah...why's a P/P Guardling so important? I have an S/S and a P/S already and I'm really kinda burnt out on leveling pets at this point, lol. So please, enlighten us, Poof. :)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » September 13th, 2013, 11:37 am

Just grabbed an uncommon one, have a P/B rare. Awaiting more info :mrgreen:

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 13th, 2013, 2:24 pm

I assume he's referring to http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72113 which will use a cleansing rain/dreadful breath combo on your team. The Gaurdling happens to have both sandstorm and flying attack to use on him but I expect any sandstorm pet should do okay to protect your team.

With that said I do have a P/P one that I would just need to stone and level if I wanted it for that fight.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » September 13th, 2013, 3:12 pm

i'd strongly suggest to just go and grab a PP and a SS each as they are going to be unobtainable for a while. as they are humanoids, you're likely to have rare stones in abundance so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to upgrade them. depending on skillset you want to use, both SS and PP (possibly PS too but i'm not sure) are viable: PP for reckless strike (going last and good damage done/extra damage taken ratio are beneficial) and SS if you choose blackout kick (going first is beneficial).

i completed my set with a HH just for the sake of it but i'm not likely to level it very soon.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 13th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I assume he's referring to http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72113 which will use a cleansing rain/dreadful breath combo on your team. The Gaurdling happens to have both sandstorm and flying attack to use on him but I expect any sandstorm pet should do okay to protect your team.
Yes, exactly this. I normally wouldn't say 'get X pet for X fight', since the whole fun of the Celestial Tournament is to figure out what works. But this is a case where there's a singularly outstanding pet that will become unavailable soon. It would be very frustrating to get to that fight and realize that the pet you want is unobtainable for almost a year.

As Kpb says, there are other Sandstorm pets that will probably do an admirable job, but Guardling has another Flying attack that makes it just a little bit better.

Similarly, P/P is likely to be just a little bit better than the other breeds, for the purposes of making Sandstorm's shield bigger. But again, this is probably not going to be a make-or-break difference. So if you're somebody who has a P/S and is debating getting a P/P, you're probably already well-prepared.

Zython
Pet Score:2256
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Zython » September 13th, 2013, 4:13 pm

What luck! I have a p/p rare guardling. Now to find a S/S one of any rarity...
Last edited by Zython on September 14th, 2013, 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » September 13th, 2013, 10:28 pm

I do see the benefit now...thank you for the advice, and that link. :)

I have an S/S and P/S Guardling atm, so getting a P/P one on one of my servers with a lvl 90 on it shouldn't be difficult.