Bonkers: Which breed to keep?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Bonkers: Which breed to keep?

Post by Gendou » September 12th, 2013, 11:52 pm

As I mentioned in the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6491]uncageable Bonkers thread[/url], [pet]Bonkers[/pet] has multiple breeds.

Currently I have a P/P and an S/S.
The only ability he has which benefits from speed is Dodge.

So I'm leaning toward keeping the P/P.
But I thought I'd ask for some advice first.

/casts Summon Poofah
ImageImage

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Bonkers: Which breed to keep?

Post by Kpb321 » September 13th, 2013, 12:03 am

I don't know that there is an easy answer. 325 speed on the s/s breed is pretty good but not high enough to guarantee you'd go first in pvp. Dodge is much better when you go first as it is easier to avoid a big dmg two round attack because you can cast it the round after they cast the move and still dodge the attack. Going first also nets you one more round dealing dmg where the opponent can't vs no rounds if you are slower (the hit you, you cast dodge, next round they can't hit you and can hit them).

On the other hand if you aren't using dodge then p/p is going to be a lot better in most cases and dodge conflicts with one of his unique abilities. With tons of rabbits in the game i don't know that you'll need his dodge ability.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 13th, 2013, 12:37 am

Kpb321 wrote:I don't know that there is an easy answer.
I agree with this, and I wouldn't release either of them. The speed breed supports the Dodge/Tornado Punch moveset better (which is the only 'good' moveset). But what happens in 6 months when they buff Mr Wiggles and you want to play a crazy Lucky Dance team with Going Bonkers/Haymaker? They upped the pet limit to 1000, surely you have room. You definitely don't want to farm it again.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » September 13th, 2013, 12:57 am

Basically we are done with PVE pet battles for 6 months.. so if you have your teams that are beating the pet tamers, it doesn´t matter. For PvP.. it isn´t really a useful pet.. most of it´s stuff is found on other pets.

I am raising the SS first.. just because a human double-dodge might be useful somewhere.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 13th, 2013, 12:58 am

Can't you just keep them both? Out of the two I'd take S/S.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 13th, 2013, 4:41 am

I would keep both. I do think that the S/S is the better of the two, but having an extra high power humanoid for something in the future might be pretty nice, specialy since humanoids with humanoid moves is kinda rare to come around.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » September 13th, 2013, 11:28 am

Poofah wrote:I agree with this, and I wouldn't release either of them. The speed breed supports the Dodge/Tornado Punch moveset better (which is the only 'good' moveset). But what happens in 6 months when they buff Mr Wiggles and you want to play a crazy Lucky Dance team with Going Bonkers/Haymaker? They upped the pet limit to 1000, surely you have room. You definitely don't want to farm it again.
I will probably keep them both.
Mostly I was wondering in case I wanted to give some away when I invariably stumble over them unlocking chests on my alts.
ImageImage

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 13th, 2013, 12:21 pm

I'm going to keep whichever one I get first, lest I go completely broke opening chests.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 13th, 2013, 1:39 pm

Gendou wrote:Mostly I was wondering in case I wanted to give some away when I invariably stumble over them unlocking chests on my alts.
Aha! I see the source of the confusion. Bonkers is not tradeable, so the only alternative to keeping him is to release him. But of course he might be made tradeable eventually (which is another good reason to keep them all).

Gendou

Post by Gendou » September 13th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Poofah wrote:Aha! I see the source of the confusion. Bonkers is not tradeable, so the only alternative to keeping him is to release him. But of course he might be made tradeable eventually (which is another good reason to keep them all).
My assumption was that, eventually, he'd be made tradeable. One can hope, anyway.
ImageImage

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » September 13th, 2013, 2:10 pm

I've gotten 2 and learned those 2. A friend has gotten 4 learned 2 and didn't learn the others thinking in the future they'll be tradable. It seems right now Blizz wants us to go crazy opening the boxes toget the pet. LOL and boy have I.... At some point like a lot of the other BoP items I am hoping they'll be tradeable.