Little Tommy Newcomer

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13698
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Little Tommy Newcomer

Post by Truweildude » September 12th, 2013, 2:04 am

Over 200 25s, wow nice. But did you neglect your mech family? Mechs are strong vs beasts. I don't see anyone mentioning what breeds they are using (when multiple breeds are available). Breed can really make the difference in a tougher fight. Two people might have the same pets but different breeds and person A easily wins while B struggles. Anyway my team is

Tonk (which is an HP)
Tiny Harvester (PP)
Blue Rocket Bot (PS)

So nuke him with Ion Cannon like several have said, then he forces swap. Harvester comes in next I think, but overtune then demolish. Blue Rocket Bot use build/launch rocket for another good nuke. It'll be close with this team, but have only had the opportunity the 1st day to take him on, and it took a few tries before I picked this team. I would say these are my favorite 3 mechs. Between the 3 there's a good balance of health speed and power.

Hope this helps.

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » September 12th, 2013, 2:42 am

Used a Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (23), Son of Animus (25) and a Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (25).

Failed on the first 2 attempts due to unlucky misses with 'Siphon Anima'. Finally worked on the 3rd attempt. Lost first 2 pets, when I swaped in my 3rd one Lil' Oondasta died from Toxic Smoke dot. :-)

Madrod
Pet Score:1204
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Madrod » September 12th, 2013, 4:30 am

Hi

I used :
[pet]darkmoon-tonk[/pet]
[pet]chrominius[/pet]
[pet]lesse-voidcaller[/pet]

Ion Cannon -» He Swap's for Chrominius -»Howl--» He attacks all pets --Surge of Power --»Swap to Lesser Voidcaller--» Curse of Doom --»Prismatic Barrier---»Darkmoon Tonk--»Shock and Awe--»Ion Cannon.

Let me say that both times, my stun didnt worked and he missed the last attack, before he dies.

But worked for me, hope it helps someone.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » September 12th, 2013, 5:27 am

Se5s wrote:
Rendigar wrote:The setup I think I used for him was:
Chrominius - Howl - Surge of Power (chrom dies)
Darkmoon Tonk - Shock & Awe - Ion Cannon (tonk dies twice while recovering)
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti - Call Lightning - Ion Cannon

The thing to watch for is he will pretty much 2-shot all of your pets, almost guaranteed, so you have to kill him with 2 hits per pet (and if you miss, it'll be a loss, probably).

I need to re-run the fight as I am not positive I used the moves above, but it's a starting point for you.
how'd you get two attacks on your first pet? he uses the pet swap first move every time.
What I meant was that in 2 hits each of your pets will be dead, you are right I could not have used 2 abilities in a row from Chrominius - so it would be "Howl - Shock & Awe - Ion Cannon - Call Lightning - Ion Cannon". I couldn't fight him again yet when I wrote the post and I couldn't remember exactly how it went. Sorry for that - and I need to fight him again to be sure that even that ^ is what I did. I just did it this morning and Chrominius dies in the back line, so the order above is exactly the moves I used. None of my attacks missed or critted, none of his attacks missed or critted, so I cannot be sure RNG cannot ruin it. A different pet with Howl might be better than Chrominius here.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » September 12th, 2013, 8:53 am

I just overpowered him with 3 non comboing mechanics. Dont remember exactly, but i usualy use my [pet]Mini Thor[/pet], [pet]Son of Animus[/pet] and [pet]Anodized Robo Cub[/pet] as random mech pets. I really like the Robo Cub, if you get lucky he is just insane :D , And i find Son of Animus to be the best mech on his own, he is very strong.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » September 12th, 2013, 9:15 am

I went with the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry to cast call lightning and eat the swap, then the Zandalari kneebiter and anklerenders for black claw and hunting party. Can't remember where I saw the suggestion for this team, but I've used it to great sucess so far.
Image Image

Pikafido
MVP
Pet Score:13608
BattleTag®:Pikafido#2789
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Pikafido » September 12th, 2013, 10:13 am

Ive first tried it with [pet]Sunreaver Micro-sentry[/pet] and 2 [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet]. This didn't worked out for me because he killed both the 2 Anklerenders.

Then ive tried the setup [pet]Sunreaver Micro-sentry[/pet], [pet]Clockwork gnome[/pet] and [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet].

First call lightning with my sentry. Then the Tonk is swapped in. Shock and Awe, Ion cannon. On resurrection Missile.
Then dead and the Sentry back in for a new call Lightning. Maybe a Haywire when possible.

Then the Gnome. First Turret and then Metal Fist. And he was down.

Bearach
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Bearach » September 12th, 2013, 11:09 am

Used Clockwork Gnome, Tiny Harvester and Darkmoon Zeppelin.

First turn use Build Turret, gnome gets swapped out, bring in Tiny Harvester, apply Extra Plating then Metal Fist, when harvester dies 2nd time bring the gnome back in, Metal Fist and come back to life then build turret, or turret immediately if you got killed once in the backline, upon death you're left with the zeppelin, build Decoy, finish him off with the turret and Missile.

He's slow, so you get to go first every time, which is why it works. Didn't have any 25 pet with Call Lightning, that might work very well as the second pet instead of Tiny Harvester.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » September 12th, 2013, 12:34 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I did him with a Tonk, Direhorn (with more hps than third pet) and Custodian if I recall.

Open with Ion Cannon from the Tonk. Lil' Oondasta will helpfully swap him to the back row for you and bring in your Direhorn. Use trample until the round when he will kill your direhorn (tramples 10% dmg isn't reduced by the 50% buff) then use stamped to get the 100% dmg debuff on him. Swap back to tonk or to the custodian and blow him up with Shock and Awe/Ion Cannon.

The tricks are that % health based attacks like Tamples extra 10% or even a Dark Moon's Zeps explode aren't modified by buffs/debuffs and that the 100% debuff is additive with the 50% buff. IE the 1000 dmg ion cannon goes down to 500 because of the buff but then goes up to 1500 when the debuff is added.
I did him again last night and this worked like a charm. I actually used Mechanical yeti, Direhorn (h/h) Custodian.

Used Ion Cannon from Yeti first and let him get swapped out bringing in the Direhorn. Trampled 3 times (he missed once) then Stamped. Brought in the Custodian next and hit Shock and Awe then Ion Cannon = Dead Lil'Oon. Could have probably done it with just two pets if I opened with the Custodian.

Basic strat should work with any pet that can open with Ion Cannon or Call Lightning and any second pet that can provide the 100% debuff and has more hps than your third pet so it gets automatically swapped in. If you are using Call lightning instead of Ion Cannon a swam/Stamped pet would be better and you could do that from the start if you don't have something like the Direhorns trample.

Jacemora
Pet Score:6230
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Jacemora » September 12th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Did it with Clockwork, Lil Xt, and a Devouring Maggot.

Open with Maggot and Goo, then burrow attack (mine missed)
Clockwork comes out next, have him 2nd since he and Lil Xt have the same HP.
Put up Turret, punch in between, put up another Turret. Might be some luck involved here.
When Xt comes out spam Zap.

Aur
Pet Score:9797
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Aur » September 12th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Kpb321 wrote:I did him with a Tonk, Direhorn (with more hps than third pet) and Custodian if I recall.

Open with Ion Cannon from the Tonk. Lil' Oondasta will helpfully swap him to the back row for you and bring in your Direhorn. Use trample until the round when he will kill your direhorn (tramples 10% dmg isn't reduced by the 50% buff) then use stamped to get the 100% dmg debuff on him. Swap back to tonk or to the custodian and blow him up with Shock and Awe/Ion Cannon.
This worked for me, only I don't have a Custodian so used the Zeppelin.

Tonk - Ion Cannon, get swapped
Direhorn - Trample, Trample, Stampede (dies this round)
Zeppelin - Decoy, Missle ( to get him lower, may not be needed), Explode

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 12th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Just did it now. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti, Clockwork Gnome, Zandalari Anklerender/Kneebiter.

Round 1: Call Lightning > he will swap in your Gnome.
Round 2: Build Turret
Round 3: Metal Fist
Round 4: Metal Fist
Round 5: Build Turret
Round 6: Metal Fist > Gnome should die
Round 7: Black Claw
Round 8: Hunting Party if your raptor is still alive, otherwise Turrets will kill him.

Simple.

Alconlan
Pet Score:3243
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Alconlan » September 12th, 2013, 9:10 pm

This is my lineup and so far it has worked the past 2 days for the daily, also, depends on the RNG for his hits:

You want to have higher Speed than him to start off the first cast -
[pet]Wild Jade Hatchling[/pet] or the new Isle [pet]Skywisp Moth[/pet]- I start off by casting Call Lightning

after he uses his first move Frill Blast which swaps you to the next lower health pet. I have [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] come up next. Drop a Build Turret, then he'll most likely one shot u, when you come back for your last life, use [pet]Metal Fist[/pet], that is of course that your speed let's you make the next move.

Last, I finish him off with my [pet]Cogblade Raptor[/pet] using Batter. My Raptor is faster than his, so I don't bother casting Overtune nor do I bother with Repairing.

With the Turret in affect those provide the additional hits, then my Raptor finishes him off.

Girlgamerjen
Pet Score:2585
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Girlgamerjen » September 13th, 2013, 12:45 am

Alright... This is what I finally got:

-- Howl. He immediately swapped me out, and then chained and killed this pet. For what it's worth, I used a Chrominius (though I'd assume anything that can do 100% buff is good).

-- Curse of Doom. (I was using a Valkyr). I slashed and slashed, to stall, and casted Unholy Ascension on my free rez.

-- Shock and Awe. (was using a tonk). Then, Ion Cannon.

Synergy6
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Tarren Mill-eu

Post by Synergy6 » September 13th, 2013, 1:50 am

He is very easily killed with any 3 mechanicals.
No strategy needed- Just use your strongest attacks, and use ion canon when your pet rez's.
I used 2 Darkmoon Tonks and a Zeppelin :)

Girlgamerjen
Pet Score:2585
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Girlgamerjen » September 13th, 2013, 2:25 am

Synergy6 wrote:He is very easily killed with any 3 mechanicals.
No strategy needed- Just use your strongest attacks, and use ion canon when your pet rez's.
I used 2 Darkmoon Tonks and a Zeppelin :)
Mmm, i wouldnt quite use ANY mechanical pet. My normal go-to is clockwork gnome, and he hardly seems worth it when I try against Oond. I had to use debuffs to get past the boss buff.

Untamed
Pet Score:3631
Realm:Dunemaul-eu

Post by Untamed » September 13th, 2013, 2:40 am

I use any pet with a black fang move first (Zandari Kneebiter) use that first turn, then two clockwork gnomes with build turrets and metal fist when turrets are on cd.

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » September 13th, 2013, 2:47 am

Hey guys, Elfuego here with wowpetbattle. I just set up 2 new videos featuring different strategies and different pet combos to defeat Lil' Oondasta. First team is Pigmy Direhorn, Menagerie Custodian, and Dark moon Zeplin. Second team is Artic fox, Menagerie custodian, and Mechanical Yeti. The principal idea behind both teams is to amp and zerg beast spells. So round 1 use howl or stampede, creating the 100% damage increase debuff for 2 rounds. he will switch in the menagerie custodian as it has the highest life total, pop shock and awe, it stuns on occasion and clean up with Ion cannon. If hes still around, when the custodian dies buy a round witht he zeplin with decoy, then missle spam and its GG.

The second tea, is faster actualy, as you have 2 ion cannons to work with. Come check out the site, alot of good resources on it!

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Mummymermaid » September 13th, 2013, 9:44 am

managed to do him with

[pet]cogblade raptor[/pet]
[pet]chrominius[/pet]
[pet]fluxfire feline[/pet]

open with raptor, use expose wounds, then chrominius howl and surge of power, then raptor should be able to get in two lots of batter..then fluxfire with supercharge and then flux...equals win ^^

Jacemora
Pet Score:6230
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Jacemora » September 13th, 2013, 2:16 pm

New Combo, no luck needed.

Wild Golden P/S - Call Lightining
Lil'XT H/P - Boombot then spam Zap
Clockwork S/B - Turret then Fist