Celestial Tournament Guide: What we're looking for

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Celestial Tournament Guide: What we're looking for

Post by Quintessence » September 9th, 2013, 9:49 am

Calling all Pet Battle veterans and writers! We're currently looking for a well-written Celestial Tournament Strategy Guide to add to the Community Guides section of the forums.

Since the Celestial Tournament trainers are on a rotation, it will take a few weeks before we can experience all of the possible battles as well as test teams against each trainer. However, here is some direction for any potential guide-writers out there.

What we're looking for in a guide:
  • It needs to be well written with easy to understand language and correct grammar and punctuation.
  • It should be formatted in a layout that's easy to navigate and read through.
  • It should be complete and include explanations and details where appropriate.
  • Regular updates to keep the guide current are preferred.
An example of a great guide is the Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans, written and maintained by Phraide.

Once you've written up your guide, simply post it in the Pet Battles section of the forums with an appropriate title. Administrators will review it and if it fulfills the requirements, you just might see your work in the Community Guides section!

We look forward to reading about the different strategies used to defeat the Celestial Tournament trainers. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Brisela

Re: Celestial Tournament Guide: What we're looking for

Post by Brisela » September 9th, 2013, 10:09 am

Hi there,
I am brisela on mandoran wcp guild I have completed all of my pets achievements and my pets are maxed out at 650
So I am really looking forward to 5.4 to have more spaces for more pets :D
simce I have completed all the pets achievements I have learned a freat deal in pvp pera battle and pve leveling with tamers and in the wild. I can probab l y write up an easy to follow guide for the celestial tournament. But I have no beta testing on that so keep my finger crossed. Hope to be able to share with you my guide

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 12th, 2013, 9:38 pm

It seems there are several threads already going. Are you still looking for a guide?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 12th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Many of the existing threads lean more towards discussion rather than a straight forward guide, which is understandable since we're still in the first week of the tournament and trainers rotate each week. I don't expect to see any full guides until we've seen every trainer at least once.

We'll see how the next few weeks go. Hopefully someone will be able to put together a well-written guide that includes a complete list of trainers, effective teams against those trainers, and strats used. If not, we may fall back onto one of the discussion threads as a stand in.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » September 12th, 2013, 11:11 pm

I'm happy to start one, but like you said, it won't be complete for at least 2 weeks.