Damage Pull-Back

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Emrys
Top Rater
Pet Score:2695
Realm:Arygos-us
Damage Pull-Back

Post by Emrys » October 10th, 2012, 5:50 pm

There have been several times when I go to fight a pet that I want to capture and it needs a few more hit points taken off, but a regular attack would kill it. Do you think there will ever be the option to do half-damage, or something similar?

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Damage Pull-Back

Post by Poofah » October 10th, 2012, 6:10 pm

This is troublesome, because if you forfeit the match then the pet will despawn and you lose your shot at it. If you force quit WoW and relog, the pet will not despawn, but it will instead revert to being a clickable critter, and you can interact with it to start the battle over again. The pet will retain all its former characteristics (e.g. rarity and stats, and the secondary pets that join). Of course, you risk somebody else coming along and grabbing your pet spawn while you reload.

This is obviously not a very elegant solution, but so far it's the best way I've found to avoid losing the spawn altogether.

*edit* console reloadui doesn't work, actually, but forced relogging does.

Lisanette
Top Rater
Pet Score:6418
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Lisanette » October 11th, 2012, 2:00 am

...and always bring a pet with a low damage attack. ("Alt F4" is your friend.)
Last edited by Lisanette on October 11th, 2012, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I <3 my Wolfie
[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anwxfm9jABocdDItb1N6QlhvbnMzQVVHQWgtOVBnWFE]Google-doc with all breeds and ability sets[/url]
[url=http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151106511417504.417452.700887503&type=3]Facebook photoalbum with pet-related stuff[/url]

Jin
Pet Score:5378
Realm:Eonar-eu

Post by Jin » October 11th, 2012, 3:02 am

Get a Terrible Turnip, it has an attack that can't reduce an enemy below 1 hitpoint. :D

Perfect for catching wild pets!

Emrys
Top Rater
Pet Score:2695
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Emrys » October 11th, 2012, 8:47 am

Jin wrote:Get a Terrible Turnip, it has an attack that can't reduce an enemy below 1 hitpoint. :D

Perfect for catching wild pets!
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to look into that.