Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Faction transfer

Post by Gwenolyn » September 4th, 2013, 2:11 pm

I know this isn't really the right place, but everyone here is always helpful so here goes:

I had an Aliie toon with all AT Mounts. Faction transferred to Horde years ago before account-wide mounts. So at that time, all the mounts I had automatically switched (even the vendor purchased ones like the Elekks and Horses). My Wintersaber became the Venomhide, I think it was.

Anyhoo, I was wondering if I faction change my main now, will my main toon's mount count change. My husband was specifically worried about AT, but any help would be appreciated. Also, some of my lvl 90 toons will remain horde. Will they have access to all the mounts I currently have, or will the mounts "leave" with my main?

On a side note: when Mounts went account-wide, all my allie toons got the wintersabre. I have the Feat of Strength, so I guess they gave it to my "account". The toon that got it originally though, is currently Horde.

I know I'll have to grind guild rep to use some pets, and my gruntling will become a squire... but I think pets will be ok... but any other words of wisdom would be helpful in this regard.

Gwenolyn
MVP

Re: Faction transfer

Post by Gwenolyn » September 4th, 2013, 7:58 pm

I think I figured it out: mounts don't flip like they used to. So I'd have to grind seals for most of them again. However AT resets on faction change... So I'd have to do the AT again from the beginning... again!! :twisted:

Why Blizz, why?? Hehe... No worries, as a pet collector, I'm used to the long, tedious grind. Such is World of Warcraft.

Demort
Pet Score:8624
BattleTag®:Warmouse#2262
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Demort » September 5th, 2013, 1:35 am

Create a alli DK and see what mounts can be summoned. I suspect you will be able to summon the alli version of all the horde mounts you have.

I grinded for the wintersabre on my alli main, then faction changed. This was way before account-wide mounts. Now my alli alts can ride a wintersabre.

Best of luck with your mounts.

Gwenolyn
MVP

Post by Gwenolyn » September 5th, 2013, 1:11 pm

My allies cannot summon the ally equivalent AT mounts... I see lots of seal grinding in my future :mrgreen: