Pet store EU and US

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cec
Pet Score:4796
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Pet store EU and US

Post by Cec » August 28th, 2013, 1:24 am

Hey all

So my question is can i buy pets on the US pet store and redeem them on the eu server?
Can i actually buy any pet on the US pet store and redeem them on the EU servers?

Basically i ask this for 2 reasons.

1) I would really like to buy the windrider cub and gryphon hachtling and they only have them on the US pet store, but my char is on the EU server.
2) US pet store pets are cheaper then EU pet store. since the US cost 10 USD and the EU ones cost 10 Euro wich is not the same amount of money.

maybe it doesnt really matter if you only buy one pet, but if you would like them all its some money to save.

Thanks in advance for the replys.

regards Cec

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Pet store EU and US

Post by Luciandk » August 28th, 2013, 1:42 am

The windrider and gryphon pet codes are present on cards included with the plushies. So you ought to be able to turn them in on EU side.

Amethice
Top Rater
Pet Score:12952
BattleTag®:Uncia#2791
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Amethice » August 30th, 2013, 6:07 am

Luciandk wrote:The windrider and gryphon pet codes are present on cards included with the plushies. So you ought to be able to turn them in on EU side.
You might want to take this into account, though...
Blizzard Store wrote:When your plush arrives in the mail, on the attached tag you will find a code that can then be redeemed on any North American World of Warcraft license via Battle.net Account Management. North American licenses include realms serving players in United States, Canada, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand.
So from what the store page itself says, the plushie codes are essentially region locked.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » August 30th, 2013, 7:50 am

Also so you know the Wind Rider Cub has been sold out from the US store for months now.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Amber_missy
MVP
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Amber_missy » August 31st, 2013, 5:13 am

The gryphon and wind rider are definitely EU / US compatible because the Gryphon had been sold out of the EU store (just before I had finally saved up to treat myself). I e-mailed them and asked if an electronic code was available to buy, or if not, I bought the US fluffy, would the code still work and they replied:

"Unfortunately at this time the pet code is only available with the Gryphon. I have checked and I can confirm that if you were to buy it from the US Store then the code should work, if it doesn't then we will be able to exchange it for a EU code for you."
Blizzard Entertainment: Ticket #30688941 - 19/12/2012

Hope that helps xx

Cec

Post by Cec » August 31st, 2013, 5:23 am

I know the windrider cub is out of stock :( not much to do about that, but i would really like to get the gryphon hatchling before it gets out of stock too.

Im happy to hear that you can redeem the gryphon hatchling US code on EU servers. Im having a ticket open atm on the matter myself. I would really like to adopt this pet :-)

And regarding the other digital pets on US store they cannot be redeemed on EU server, tryed that and it didnt work unfortunatly.

Thanks all for the replys

Regards Cec

Cec

Post by Cec » August 31st, 2013, 11:58 am

Okay o got reply from the customer support and they say that you cannot redeem the gryphon hatchling code from US pet store in EU servers.

Aww no gryphon hatchling for me, i really hope these cuties come on stock on the EU pet store again.

Thanks all

Regards Cec

Amber_missy
MVP
Pet Score:3222
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-eu

Post by Amber_missy » September 1st, 2013, 3:42 pm

Well, the gryphon code I bought from the US store worked without a problem...
Yes, it cost extra in postage, but it was worth it...

Beesknees
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Beesknees » September 3rd, 2013, 2:41 pm

Posting this here instead of making a new thread. Not meaning to hijack, but this may pertain and its not enough to warrant a new thread.

At some point in the recent past I have purchased the Moonkin Hatchling from the Blizzard Store. I chose the Alliance version as it was required for me to choose one or the other and I am more active on the Alliance side. (don't judge)

Anyway, this weekend I crossed over to the Horde side and low and behold, I have the Horde Moonkin Hatchling also. I was only able to play and level the horde moonkin on a horde toon.

See, it's the little things that make me happy!