Daily Pet Quests Question/Clarification

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kern
Pet Score:2756
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Daily Pet Quests Question/Clarification

Post by Kern » October 6th, 2012, 3:58 am

Hi there

I am new here, but not new in terms of following the site...been a long time follower and have it link on my WoW Blog www.bloodhoofbrigands.com

My question is this...I "unlocked" the daily quests pet battles, but I am having a hard time finding out information on how it works...am I correct in that it varies with which trainer gives the quest per day, so in effect we have to traverse to each trainer to see which ones has it?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

-Kernhoof

Kingdms

Re: Daily Pet Quests Question/Clarification

Post by Kingdms » October 6th, 2012, 11:25 am

Yes, you can only battle one trainer per continent per day, and that trainer is randomly selected. If you're lucky enough to square off against the Grand Master you can earn a bag of Pet Supplies as a reward. Battling anyone else, however, only nets you pocket change.

Due to the travel involved and minimal rewards for time invested, Daily Pet Battle are pretty much worthless.

Sunpetal
Top Rater
Pet Score:8659
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Sunpetal » October 6th, 2012, 12:28 pm

I am on a quest myself to figure out the pet battle dailies. I just completed two in Kalimdor (Moonglade and Felwood). The grand master tamer in Winterspring, however, is not offering a daily. Do we need to do all of the tamers' daily quests before we can do the grand master daily? I guess I'll try that next!

Update: I was able to do a daily on every tamer in Kalimdor (11 total). When I got back to the Grand Master in Winterspring, though, she still had no daily. :( I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if she only has a daily sometimes. I just want my bag of supplies!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 6th, 2012, 6:12 pm

I was always under the impression that the dailies came from every tamer once you defeated the Grand Master of a continent. The "once per day" (per continent) is the Sack of Pet Supplies which comes only from the Grand Master daily.

Dailies have been glitchy and are not resetting, so that may make it seem like there's only one daily per day. They recently released a hotfix for dailies, although Mumper mentioned that it might take an extra day to reset for the hotfix to work.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 6th, 2012, 11:01 pm

Quintessence wrote:I was always under the impression that the dailies came from every tamer once you defeated the Grand Master of a continent. The "once per day" (per continent) is the Sack of Pet Supplies which comes only from the Grand Master daily.

Dailies have been glitchy and are not resetting, so that may make it seem like there's only one daily per day. They recently released a hotfix for dailies, although Mumper mentioned that it might take an extra day to reset for the hotfix to work.
I can confirm they're resetting now. After the hotfix one per continent resets each day.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 7th, 2012, 12:16 am

Kingdms wrote: I can confirm they're resetting now. After the hotfix one per continent resets each day.
I just completed some for EK (Swamp of Sorrows, Searing Gorge, The Hinterlands and EPL). The Grand Master, however, didn't have daily for me. This still leaves me skeptical about only one daily per continent. Maybe I'm missing something or it's still bugged?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 7th, 2012, 11:57 am

Quintessence wrote:I just completed some for EK (Swamp of Sorrows, Searing Gorge, The Hinterlands and EPL). The Grand Master, however, didn't have daily for me. This still leaves me skeptical about only one daily per continent. Maybe I'm missing something or it's still bugged?
I don't know. I've been getting one per day per continent since the hotfix was pushed live. Prior to the hotfix, nne of them were refreshing. If I don't complete a Daily before the next one refreshes, I can still complete both the old and the new the following day.

Is it possible you simply forgot to complete one of the four you mentioned when you first unlocked the Dailies? The other three would have refreshed in the days since the hotfix.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 7th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Just [url=https://twitter.com/mumper/status/254993967962288130]confirmed[/url] with Mumper that all Tamers should have a daily quest after defeating the Grand Master of a continent. Any dailies not showing up is a bug.

I guess that means more waiting, but at least there are a few that can be completed per day now. :)

Kingdms

Post by Kingdms » October 7th, 2012, 2:03 pm

That makes things a little bit better. Unless you wish to make the trip to all the trainers, you can simply harass the Grand Masters for daily care packages. In general the whole things still a hassle due to the trainers being so spread out.

Once they actually get things fixed, of course.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 8th, 2012, 9:56 am

Quintessence wrote:Just [url=https://twitter.com/mumper/status/254993967962288130]confirmed[/url] with Mumper that all Tamers should have a daily quest after defeating the Grand Master of a continent. Any dailies not showing up is a bug.

I guess that means more waiting, but at least there are a few that can be completed per day now. :)
This bug seems to be affecting certain accounts (like mine.) I also do not see my pets in the armory nor did I ever receive my Strong Trap.

My guess is that it has to do with some data corruption issue on older accounts that may have been migrated over to various data formats over the years (mine is a day 1 account.)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » October 8th, 2012, 10:19 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:This bug seems to be affecting certain accounts (like mine.) I also do not see my pets in the armory nor did I ever receive my Strong Trap.

My guess is that it has to do with some data corruption issue on older accounts that may have been migrated over to various data formats over the years (mine is a day 1 account.)
That would make a lot of sense since only some people are experiencing the bug(s). I'm going to ask my guildmates that have armories not showing pets properly to see if the bugs correspond.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 8th, 2012, 1:57 pm

My pets appear correctly in Armory, but I do not have strong traps and the daily quests are not showing up for me.

Each of the grand master tamers has offered me a daily quest once, immediately after I beat them for the first time. But subsequently they have not offered me any quests. I thought perhaps there was a bug with the account-wide quests feature, so I double checked on the character that initially beat them, and I still get nothing.

I finally decided to do the Horde-side quest chain (Durotar through Desolace), and this opened up all of the Master Tamer quests for a second time on my Ally characters (including a single daily quest immediately after I beat each one). I didn't get quests for the Grand Masters on either Ally or Horde, however. And the tamers have not offered me a daily quest since.

On a related note, I thought that the Horde-side quest chain would add to my 50 Tamers beaten achievement, but they didn't. So I'm stuck at 48/50, having beaten all the tamers in the game at the moment.