BattleStones?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Khamerta
Top Rater
Pet Score:3584
Realm:Nordrassil-us
BattleStones?

Post by Khamerta » August 16th, 2013, 6:36 am

I am just wondering if the Pet Battle Master Daily Quests that give you a bag of Pet Supplies still drop Flawless Battle-Stones? I've done all my dailies for the past week and have gotten NONE! I used to get at least 1 a day, usually more, and now nothing.... Has anyone else had this happening?

Angelwings626
MVP
Pet Score:12264
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: BattleStones?

Post by Angelwings626 » August 16th, 2013, 6:42 am

they do....collect them all then open them together XD.....I feel like I have a better chance of getting a stone this way.

Draconero
Pet Score:9597
Realm:Xavius-eu

Post by Draconero » August 16th, 2013, 10:51 am

yes. same here. I do all the quests and once I got them all I open them one by one. No idea if that actually gives you a little higher chance, but since i started this way I got at least one stone per day (not always the one I needed though :lol: )

Khamerta
Top Rater

Post by Khamerta » August 16th, 2013, 11:12 am

yea, but I do the quests on all my alts so they just stand there at the quest giver. When I first switched to doing it that way I got way more stones than doing them all on my main, but now nothing... Maybe I'll have to do them on my Main again

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » August 17th, 2013, 9:46 pm

I used to get 2-3 stones per day, but the last 10 days have only given me 0-1 per day. This is probably just RNG, but its annoying. There have been no unmarked stones, and I used to get one of these every day or two. I imagine that Blizzard watches the overall drop rates carefully, and adjusts them if they see that it is too easy to get rewards (or too difficult, of course).

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » August 17th, 2013, 10:18 pm

I do all the old world tamers with bags on my mage and have various alts stationed at the Pandaria tamers. It doesn't seem to matter if I open all bags on my mage, or do one at a time on my alts. Some weeks I get a stone or more per day and other weeks I get nothing. Then RNG changes again and I get stones, pets, etc again. One week I got 8 stones, 2 spirit pets, 1 panda pet and a porcupette. I should have played the lottery that week!

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » August 18th, 2013, 2:47 am

Khamerta wrote:yea, but I do the quests on all my alts so they just stand there at the quest giver. When I first switched to doing it that way I got way more stones than doing them all on my main, but now nothing... Maybe I'll have to do them on my Main again
I think I have an answer.
Pet bags have the bad luck prevention thing going. If you don't know what that means, it is a boost in chance to get something "good" each time you get nothing good.
If you did them all on one character, the boost would stack up on that one character and you would get stones more often. Now you are stacking it up on several different characters.
But don't worry, over time this will be the same. You will likely at some point have a week of dailies where you are getting above average amount of stones because each char have gotten a fairly high boost to their fancydrop chance.

If you want to switch back to doing them on your main, I would at least keep doing them on alts until an alt has gotten a stone, and then that alt doesn't get to play anymore. So you're not wasting the boost they have accumulated.

Khamerta
Top Rater

Post by Khamerta » August 21st, 2013, 7:02 am

Okay, thanks for all your help guys! :-D I got one stone today so I don't feel so bad anymore. :lol:

Gingersnapp83
Top Rater
Pet Score:4773
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Gingersnapp83 » August 21st, 2013, 11:45 pm

Hi Guys,
I am also wondering if they nerfed the drop rate of the stones. A month ago, I was getting stones like crazy. I would say 3 stones a day from pet dailies. I would also pick up at least one a day just leveling in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Lately, I am sad to say the stones just aren't dropping as they were. I am lucky to get 3 stones a week and I do the dailies everyday. It's very discouraging to have a bag full of 400 plus pet bandages and no stones to upgrade my small but prized collection. I keep doing dailies hoping that maybe today is my lucky day. I would like to know if anyone else has noticed a change or if they know anything about this.

Faidra
Pet Score:4057
BattleTag®:Faidra328#1281
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Faidra » August 22nd, 2013, 1:22 am

I think its pure RNG luck, as I've had the opposite pattern. I didn't seem to get ANY stones at all, then in the last week that changed dramatically and I seem to get 2-3 a day between my dailies and farming.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » August 22nd, 2013, 2:05 am

Yeah, I think us cursed people are just getting the luck this week. I've gotten 3 stones a day for the last 4 days, doing half the tamer battles I normally do. Even got a beast stone off a PvP match today.