Suggestion for Celestial Tournament (part 1)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us
Suggestion for Celestial Tournament (part 1)

Post by Papazol » August 16th, 2013, 4:36 am

[EDITED] For Life realms
1 team of Shademaster Kirym includes beast, mech and humanoid.
Humanoid Nairn goes first. 2256 hp, 300 power, 24 speed. It has abilities Nairn! (huge critter dmg, what increased every hit), Call of winter and Giant's blood (selfheal+dmg buff). We cant use undead against him cose his ability Nairn! hits up to 650 dmg reg hit!!!111ONEONE. Also he heals every round from dmg or from self buff. From another way, if he doesn't use ice lance we can ignore weather at all and use nether rays with their fast atacks and huge undead amage from shadow shock. On PTR you are realy limited in pets, so I just catched one Fledgling Nether Ray and got Nairn. But I think Nether Ray Fry in 4 (power) breed may do it better.

Mech Stormoen goes 2d. 1600 hp, 13 power, 272 speed. It has batter, call lightning and build turret. It his hard, but I used, like I wanted,[pet] Lil'Ragnaros[/pet] - they give it for me and with good timing - sons, magma wave - Stormoen dies and res, Conflagrate - and I saved like 70% hp.

Beast Summer goes 3d. 1577 hp, 295 power, 384 speed. It has bite, dodge and prowl abilities. Realy weak combination and this beast can be easy controlled by mech with decoy. So we need 1 from 2 pets with decoy I prefer darkmoon zeppelin, but mechanical pandaren dragonling complitly same and a little faster. So key of fight - use decoy to absorb prowl. Prowl slows caster and we can put decoy rigth before atack. I dont think, that Summer is so fast, and even under prowl it will be faster darkmoon zeppelin, but if Summer realy fast, we can use mech dragonling. As I believed, Summer starts from dodge+prowl, so we have time to switch Lil'Ragnaros on Darkmoon Zeppelin and put Decoy. After it just rocket it and win.
On Life realms I used Tranquil Mechanical Yeti what easy 2 shots it with Call Lightning + Ion Cannon .

2 team of Wise Mari includs aquatic elem and magic pets.
Aquatic Carpe Diem goes first. 2209 hp, 300 power, 263 speed. It uses grasp, cleansing rain and Dreadful breath. To fight it, we have to protect our backline pets, so we MUST use Sandstorm here. From my opinion, like better variant, we HAVE use Qiraji guardling with Sandstorm and Reckless strike. I had to chatch another Qiraji in 4 (power) breed on PTR and lvl it to 25, but it just works like should be - 4 -5 hits and Carpe dead. Qiraji loses zero hp 8) . If we deside to kill Carpe another way, Dreadfull breath under Cleansing rain just crush our backline pets for 150+ dmg/round.

Magic Spirus goes 2d, 1600 hp, 375 power, 300 speed. It uses arcane blast, healing wave and soul ward. Easy answer - Scourged whelpling (had to catch and lvl him, and you know - they buffed Hishi!) - call darkness+tail sweep. And it works like proposed. QIraji can't kill Spirus but still a little hit it.

Elemental River goes 3d. 1600 hp, 300 power, 384 speed, uses whirlpool, pump and dive complitly like first pet of Pandaren water spirit. For that combination I used Emperor crab 4 (power) breed. Scourged whelping comes to fight at last with half hp, and with 2-3 Tail sweeps leaves River like 400-800 hp. With his slow atacks with great inner timer, he cant hit crab at all. So crab uses 1-2 Surges and saves all hp, exept 100-150 he loses from dreadfull breath.

3 team of Bringtron 4000 includs 2 mech and one elem pets.
Elem Au goes first. 1600 hp, 384 power, 272 speed. It uses gilded fist (humanoid direct dmg), goldskin (full analog ironbark) and gold rush (full analog Stone rush). Another interesting pet, what looks like improved 3d pet of Earth pandaren spirit. So I deside to try fast rabbit against it and use avoidance for gold rushes. Another idea - use something with Dive and 2d aquatic dmg ability like Pandaren water spirit or Tiny white carp or, even, [pet]Spawn of G'nathus[/pet]. We can connect both preferences - less dmg from elem and bonus dmg from aquatic in critters with Dive, like Snails http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/snails/.
On PTR I was realy lack of pets, so I desided to use Emperor crab, what left like full hp after fight with Wise Mari. And it works for me. Whirlpool, Healing wave, Surge, Surge. gg. Another critters and aquatic should work same.

Critter Banks 2069 hp, 300 power, 281 speed. It uses Make it rain (imp. mech analog Rock barrage), Uncanny luck and Buried treasure. Greatly impruved analog Mr.Wiggles, in my opinion, can rape whole team (yes, I changed my opinion). It is critter for now, so we need beast abilities, but can't use beast, cose rain from coins with continues crits just blows any beast. Shield+heal still can help a lot, but my only one Emperor crab uses whirlpool and dies in 2 or 3 rounds. So from what I had, I desided to use Chrominius. He is fat, so coins dont kill him fast, howl+ravage+bite just got Banks down.

Mech Lil' B goes 3d. 1694 hp. 300 power, 356 speed. It uses SMACKTHAT.EXE (mech variant of alpha strike), extra plating and bringtron gift package (50% chance to hit, huge magic dmg or selfheal if not heated). Interesting pet but pets with dps+dmg reduse+heal usualy lost fight. So we need be faster (less dmg from first ability) and increase chance to miss so 3 ability goes mostly for heal. Also we may need to reduse heal effect. From this side ravens looks just great, cose they are faster, and Call darkness decreases heal and chance to hit. From another side, if 3d ability hits our Crow (**** happens) it will be realy painfull. So I also look for always first ability. From all of them we may use only 2 - mech charge or aquatic surge. Charge for this fight (imho) is best reliased from Sporeling Sprout what also has 2 elem abilities. Surge great relieases by aquatic pets with elem atacks, like penguins, or elementals like Frigid frostling. Also and penguins and frostling have Slippery Ice what dramaticaly decrease chance to hit and makes target chilled, so Ice lance or howling blast will do bonus damage.

On life realms I used Pebble and this fat stone just crushed Lil' B with no chances.

So pets, what I can confirm, work on Life servers for this set, are:
against 1st team:
- Nether Ray Fry;
- [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] or Terrible turnip ;
- Tranquil Mechanical Yeti ;

against 2d team:
- Qiraji guardling
- Scourged whelpling
- Emperor crab

against 3d team:
- Emperor crab;
- Chrominius.
- Pebble;
Last edited by Papazol on September 24th, 2013, 1:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Papazol

Re: Suggestion for Celestial Tournament (part 1)

Post by Papazol » August 16th, 2013, 7:26 am

add 2d team

Papazol

Post by Papazol » August 16th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Ok, finished first part and go smoke 2d set. Any your suggestions about this part are welcome.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » August 16th, 2013, 6:10 pm

very helpful thread ... I was wondering if I should level certain pets up in preparation! Thanks!

Papazol

Post by Papazol » August 18th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Ok, almost without pets fight and win it on PTR. Changes in first post.
But after it I saw Celestials... I dont think I will get all of them on PTR (just havent enough pets), I even dont know if I can get any from them with this pets. And totaly dont sure do I have pets to do it on plaing realms. Looks like no. Need more smoke, much much more smoke.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 20th, 2013, 2:39 am

The trick to the tournament is to see the entire thing at the same time. If you have a unique pet that has very specific abilities, don´t use it on a fight where you can plug in any mechanical to win. In other words, use the most common pet type that gets the job done, and save your unique pets for later in the tournament.

Alfonzzo
Pet Score:5574
BattleTag®:Alfonzzo#1981
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Alfonzzo » September 5th, 2013, 6:53 pm

infected squirrell was pretty reliable v Nairn. I led with Creeping Fungus, then Diseased Bite till dead, and he was able to get a Corpse Explosion on the 2nd pet.

I didn't have Rags, but i went with a H/H lava crab for the combo of shell shield and Magma Wave. I went for H/H specifically so he would be slower than Stormoen allowing a late Magma Wave to totally negate the turret.

I was particularly worried about the turret because if it's still up when the beast comes out it will eat the decoy.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » September 6th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Alfonzzo wrote: I was particularly worried about the turret because if it's still up when the beast comes out it will eat the decoy.
Yes. This is why I prefer Rag or Turnip. Rag comes back after sons right in time to destroy both turrets by magma wave.

Papazol

Post by Papazol » September 24th, 2013, 1:15 pm

On life realms I can use crafted pets and quest revards, so I just upgrade team with [pet]Pebble[/pet] and [pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti [/pet]
Anithing else works like intended.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 24th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Out of curiosity, do we really need another strategy thread on the CT?

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » September 24th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Considering no one has really posted any strats on this EU setup, this thread is very welcome!!! Got me through them with little pain :)

Papazol

Post by Papazol » September 25th, 2013, 10:13 am

Anasa wrote:Out of curiosity, do we really need another strategy thread on the CT?
I agree with you. Actualy, you may check post date - this was first CT strategy thread on warcraftpets, so... :P

Nefetz
Pet Score:2063
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Nefetz » September 25th, 2013, 10:41 am

Hi,

i was able to two pet mari. You start with your [pet]Pandaren Air Spirit[/pet] kepp the heal and the cyclone up and you will be able to take down about half of the life of mari's second pet. And then you can easily finish of the rest with the [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet]. Just try to time your [ability]Decoy[/ability] good and you wont have any problem.