Quality of new Engineering pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Garfazz
Pet Score:839
BattleTag®:Elkfire#1510
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Quality of new Engineering pets

Post by Garfazz » August 13th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if the new engineering pets (Bad Robot/Rascal Bot and Pierre, etc) are going to be uncommon-only like the current pets you can make with engineering? I'd like to find out so that I know whether I need to save battlestones, and I figured I'd ask around here, since I don't have any characters on the PTR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Quality of new Engineering pets

Post by Quintessence » August 13th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the new engineering pets in 5.4 will be rare quality.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 13th, 2013, 11:27 pm

Related... I haven't looked in a while. Are they still BoP and not tradeable?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 14th, 2013, 2:11 am

Gilneas wrote:Related... I haven't looked in a while. Are they still BoP and not tradeable?
Just checked tonight and yes, Rascal-Bot and Pierre are still BoP and cannot be caged. But Lil' Bling is cageable.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » August 14th, 2013, 8:16 am

I figure its to encourage more people to take up engineering. But that sky golem mount is definitely going to be a big selling point for anyone looking at a wrench and bolts. Powerleveling engineering is going to be far cheaper than to buy them at the hefty markups expected, though I do expect a rabid undercutting war too.

Zerdolf
Pet Score:2868
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Zerdolf » August 14th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Luciandk wrote:I figure its to encourage more people to take up engineering. But that sky golem mount is definitely going to be a big selling point for anyone looking at a wrench and bolts. Powerleveling engineering is going to be far cheaper than to buy them at the hefty markups expected, though I do expect a rabid undercutting war too.
I have not run the numbers as it varies by server but I can't imagine it being cheaper to powerlevel. You have to get the 600 engineering then get the drop that teaches you how to make the energy source and then spend 30 days making 1 per day. And that's just for the mount. Most people should be able to farm the gold faster than powerleveling.

:twisted:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » August 14th, 2013, 2:47 pm

In my experience, at least on my server, the engi mounts barely sell at cost. Some poor guy had a kyparium rocket in the AH at 75k for months. Things might be different in the first week or two of the patch, but I'm sure demand will bottom out again soon enough.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » August 15th, 2013, 2:37 am

Unfortunately, I find that for most things, it is faster to raise the gold than to try to get drops.