What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Alaylith
Top Rater
Pet Score:6720
Realm:Antonidas-eu
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Alaylith » December 5th, 2011, 11:01 am

The same as many others - right now it's the Fox. ;(

And it's soooo cute - if only it were BOE; I would have already bought it. *sigh*

Cidien
Top Rater
Pet Score:6904
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Cidien » December 5th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Fox Kit, it just won't drop! :(

Wyth the Priest

Post by Wyth the Priest » December 5th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Moritach wrote:The fishing pets just do my head in... Fishing at the darkmoon faire I just hit 600 casts and still no luck, yet everyone around me seems to get it in less than 50.
Make sure you are in the boardwalk area. I fished for ever off a little dock and didn't get it cause the zone I was in was The great sea. Switched to the boardwalk and got in in less than 20 casts

EDIT: The Dark phoenix hatchling. Guildies won't do older content with me to get all the rep required

Moritach
MVP
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Moritach » December 5th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Wyth the Priest wrote:
Moritach wrote:The fishing pets just do my head in... Fishing at the darkmoon faire I just hit 600 casts and still no luck, yet everyone around me seems to get it in less than 50.
Make sure you are in the boardwalk area. I fished for ever off a little dock and didn't get it cause the zone I was in was The great sea. Switched to the boardwalk and got in in less than 20 casts

EDIT: The Dark phoenix hatchling. Guildies won't do older content with me to get all the rep required
All my casts have been from the boardwalk. Now at 1209 casts, no luck what so ever. :P

Millinear

Post by Millinear » December 5th, 2011, 4:59 pm

crawling hand and pterrodax :(

Elion

Post by Elion » December 5th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Fox Kit (mostly because I hate farming...), Crawling Claw. It had been the Scorchling until they added that in the Hyjal area.

Orgazmonica

Post by Orgazmonica » December 6th, 2011, 12:33 am

Searing Scorchling...one months so farm of farming dailys and its the only pet that wont drop for meh! Q_Q

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 6th, 2011, 1:38 am

Wjc0322 wrote:Searing Scorchling...one months so farm of farming dailys and its the only pet that wont drop for meh! Q_Q
Argh, I feel your pain. :cry: I've been doing the MF dailies since they were released, and as soon as I completed everything I've been buying the satchels and hoping to get lucky. Nothing but useless greens so far. :/ I wish the bags had a chance of giving you a few marks as consolation, making it a bit faster to buy more.

Orgazmonica

Post by Orgazmonica » December 6th, 2011, 8:34 am

Argh, I feel your pain. :cry: I've been doing the MF dailies since they were released, and as soon as I completed everything I've been buying the satchels and hoping to get lucky. Nothing but useless greens so far. :/ I wish the bags had a chance of giving you a few marks as consolation, making it a bit faster to buy more.[/quote]

I tried saving up marks for multiple bags but I can only urge to keep around 4 bags until I open them >.<

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » December 6th, 2011, 4:52 pm

The Fox kit also cause me a lot of trouble, but i ended up getting it, the Crawling Claw i havnt really bothered trying for, since it was enough pain just getting the mount :P
But the one pet i just cant get is the Frigid Frostling, and before that one the Scorchling from the same event, for some reason Ahune just hates me, 4 years of event, no pet for me :(

Jorth
Top Rater
Pet Score:12151
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Jorth » December 6th, 2011, 9:55 pm

Giant Sewer Rat...omg... I don't know how long I have been trying to get it... at least since Wrath came out and I hit 80... so almost two years... then comes the Crawling Claw of course... :evil:

Marbelle
Top Rater
Pet Score:2391
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Marbelle » December 7th, 2011, 4:10 pm

Frigid Frostling for me aswell :(

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » December 8th, 2011, 11:20 am

The Crawling Claw Hates me... cant say anything for the Fox Kit yet since I haven't farmed much for it, but ive done over 130 Tol'vir solves and nada. Hoping to get it over holiday break. the Frigid Frostling hates me as well; two midsummers on multiple characters and zilch.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » December 8th, 2011, 2:36 pm

The fox kit just won't drop, and I have left dead foxes all over Tol Barad for months. It took almost 700 casts to get the sea pony, but it finally dropped.

Susinko
Pet Score:10989
Realm:Malorne-us

Post by Susinko » December 8th, 2011, 7:39 pm

That Crawling Claw has yet to be mine. It seems like I will be making sand castles and mosaics instead of that pet until the end of the expansion!

It took thousands of foxes before I got my fox kit. I know because I used an add on! I thought I would never get her!

Ritsuka
Pet Score:2137
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Ritsuka » December 8th, 2011, 10:53 pm

The system to obtain it, and by extension the Frigid Frostling itself, is pretty much the worst thing ever for pet collectors. It was seriously a large factor in my taking a long break from the game. I fully expect to never have it.

I know it will take me a crazily long time to get my coveted Crawling Claw and precious Fox Kit, but by Cthulhu I WILL get them. I never give up. But the Frostling might as well not exist for me. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » December 9th, 2011, 3:20 am

Headless Horseman's Mount-- 5 years and still no luck

But actual companions? Hm... Toxic Wasteling is likely the best answer I can give, though there are a number I'm still missing.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Terra
MVP
Pet Score:4954
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Terra » December 9th, 2011, 7:48 am

Azel wrote:Crawling Claw and Fox Kit elude me to this day. It's quite sad how much this bums me out!
I'm in precisely the same situation. I am 10 TB tokens from having every item I want from Hellscream's Reach, yet no fox kit. That is a trinket, 2 mounts and a pet worth of dailies killing foxes and no drop :(